Confirmed with Link: Eichel + 3rd (23) to VGK for, Tuch, Krebs, 1st (22) 2nd(23)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It's starting like the one piece that should be untouchable is their 1st this year. :laugh:

If Vegas gets Eichel and wins the draft lottery, they can still trade him before his NTC kicks in. :sarcasm:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think things fell apart with Karlsson injury. Need to actually field a lineup.
That's what I would suspect.

I think it had more to do with Vegas needing to find a 3rd team to retain salary, which is probably why the trade fell apart being that a third team would want some valuable assets to retain on Eichel.

This trade was complicated to begin with in regards to making it work cap wise.

Last edited:

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
If they're really offering this then that's all in. Jesus f***ing christ that is a lot.

Been following this Eichel nonsense from a Ranger fan perspective for months now. And he's just about the last player I wanted coming to the Rangers, especially for the prices that were being reported. And In regard to the Rangers, I still feel that way, we have enough high end offensive talent where he would just be a luxury player.

But might it be a bit different of a situation for Vegas? It seems the only thing Vegas really needs is a bit of high end ability, at least in theory, to get over the Cup hump. I mean, With Stephenson now playing how he is, is Krebs that much of a "no trade"? Of course, would be nicer if they'd take Patrick instead of Krebs lol. But the only thing that would make me say no to that deal from a Vegas perspective is the inclusion of Tuch, who I still think will be a very important player long term, especially when Paches is eventually in decline.

And yea, I agree that all teams should be lowballing Sabres now because they don't really have leverage. But it's still Eichel, so SOME legit talent is going to have to change hands to bring him in.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Been following this Eichel nonsense from a Ranger fan perspective for months now. And he's just about the last player I wanted coming to the Rangers, especially for the prices that were being reported. And In regard to the Rangers, I still feel that way, we have enough high end offensive talent where he would just be a luxury player.

But might it be a bit different of a situation for Vegas? It seems the only thing Vegas really needs is a bit of high end ability, at least in theory, to get over the Cup hump. I mean, With Stephenson now playing how he is, is Krebs that much of a "no trade"? Of course, would be nicer if they'd take Patrick instead of Krebs lol. But the only thing that would make me say no to that deal from a Vegas perspective is the inclusion of Tuch, who I still think will be a very important player long term, especially when Paches is eventually in decline.

And yea, I agree that all teams should be lowballing Sabres now because they don't really have leverage. But it's still Eichel, so SOME legit talent is going to have to change hands to bring him in.

Did anyone watch the Wild-VGK playoff. Tuch's speed and size is such a rare commodity. Yes, he's hurt too much and his touch isn't the greatest, but no I don't want to give him up along with Krebs, a first and more for a player who may never be the same.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Did anyone watch the Wild-VGK playoff. Tuch's speed and size is such a rare commodity. Yes, he's hurt too much and his touch isn't the greatest, but no I don't want to give him up along with Krebs, a first and more for a player who may never be the same.

Trade you Kravtsov for Tuch......... have to decide now though. No backsies. lol

Honestly though, I would even trade Lundkvist right now for Tuch. The hype surrounding Lundkvist was and is still to an extent, insane. Nice young prospect. But damn have some fans gone nuts with expectations.

Absolutely think Tuch would be a vital piece on whatever team he's on. And the best is still yet to come.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Yeah I think I'd rather keep Krebs and Tuch...

I'll keep Tuch, but if he comes back and gets injured again, i would absolutely look into trading him.

Krebs i don't know about. But that is because i just don't think Vegas will develop him properly. I mean they are keeping him at wing while they promoted a scrub to play center.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Why is everyone so surprised? For the most part, our history is when we really want a player we lose something significant. We do come across as even too desperate sometimes. Any other gm with a brain is going to realize this. We even tried really hard to trade for Karlsson in our first year. I’m a little relieved Theodore’s name didn’t come up.

And I like Tuch but he always gets hurt. Reilly Smith doesn’t get nearly as many injuries (although with this season I guess everyone is getting injured).

Sure wish we tried Krebs at center though.

Last edited:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

That should be utter nonsense. Maybe someone in the building came to their senses and called it off. More like one of the three, plus Coghlan and then multiple conditional picks since he's so uncertain to play.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It sure sounds like Eichel was about to be a Golden Knight on friday, until Karlsson broke his foot.

Seems like the deal fell through because they need to keep a healthy top 6 forward (Smith?).

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Why, why, why??? Again, Sabres HAVE TO trade Eichel, what is the need to give them so much?
Buffalo trying to play hardball, most teams probably told them to get f***ed, Vegas probably doesn't see any other way to get an elite 1c anytime soon.

Haguerbomb

HOCKEY BELONGS IN THE DESERT
Oct 5, 2019
Cold stove podcast they said it was either Krebs or Theodore (other defenseman) and they offered up Krebs instead.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
1 trade for Eichel
2 bottom out for Wright
3 trade for Matthews when Eichel goes on LTIRetirement and Auston demands out of Toronto next summer.

oh boy

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad