Confirmed with Link: Eichel + 3rd (23) to VGK for, Tuch, Krebs, 1st (22) 2nd(23)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Busy scouting Toronto while completing a blockbuster trade? Now that's multitasking.

Or maybe Yzerman wants to take some cap dumps...that kind of worries me.

Or he's waiting to hear back from Buffalo.

Wonder if they've had scouts at the Silver Knights games the past few days. They're in the 2nd period.

Calgary probably upped their offer last night...

Last edited:

Haguerbomb

HOCKEY BELONGS IN THE DESERT
Oct 5, 2019

Busy scouting Toronto while completing a blockbuster trade? Now that's multitasking.

Or maybe Yzerman wants to take some cap dumps...that kind of worries me.

Or he's waiting to hear back from Buffalo.

Wonder if they've had scouts at the Silver Knights games the past few days. They're in the 2nd period.

Calgary probably upped their offer last night...

Theres no way they trade Whitecloud, right?... They literally posted a video on Twitter of him talking about his extension.

:facepalm:

Reactions: bleedblue94

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Seems like we keep giving up a lot in these deals. Even the Lehner deal eventually turned into Fleury for Lehner.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Seems like we keep giving up a lot in these deals. Even the Lehner deal eventually turned into Fleury for Lehner.
Let me look at Flower this season... So we didn't give up a lot for Lehner.

The three trades we gave up a lot in were Tatar(oh god), Patches(but worth it still), & Dadonov.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If it happens, it might happen next Monday when Stone has been out for 24 days and missed 10 games (or if doctors rule him out for that long).

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I'm not sold on Eichel at all. He is supposed to be a franchise player. I know the Sabres have not been good for quite sometime but a franchise should have been able to carry his team to a playoff appearance.
He is a high skill player but I think he lacks leadership.
Another thing to point out is that the Sabres seem to be a better since he has been out of the lineup. They certainly aren't any worse.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Let me look at Flower this season... So we didn't give up a lot for Lehner.

The three trades we gave up a lot in were Tatar(oh god), Patches(but worth it still), & Dadonov.

At the time people were mad we gave up Erik Brannstrom for Stone. If I remember correctly some of the earliest reactions to the trade were anger that we didn’t get Stone for less. But I haven’t heard any complaints since then.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
On one hand, having Eichel (if healthy) would be amazing for our center depth cause our team isn't winning jack shit with our current center depth.

On the other hand, giving up the assets that it would take to get Eichel will hurt.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
On one hand, having Eichel (if healthy) would be amazing for our center depth cause our team isn't winning jack shit with our current center depth.

On the other hand, giving up the assets that it would take to get Eichel will hurt.

With a healthy Tuch, Stone, Pacioretty and Krebs + keeping others talked about like Theo and Smith, we are most certainly a contender for years to come. I'd much rather forego Eichel, keep what we have and continue to build a dynasty. Only thing stopping us now is that I don't think Lehner is a Cup-worthy goaltender. I am excited about our future there with Brossoit and possibly Thompson.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
With a healthy Tuch, Stone, Pacioretty and Krebs + keeping others talked about like Theo and Smith, we are most certainly a contender for years to come. I'd much rather forego Eichel, keep what we have and continue to build a dynasty. Only thing stopping us now is that I don't think Lehner is a Cup-worthy goaltender. I am excited about our future there with Brossoit and possibly Thompson.

Our center depth is going to be the thing that holds this team back.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Eichel is currently on IR for Buffalo. Easy enough to put on LTIR at trade for cap expansion/relief.

Putting Eichel on LTIR after the trade is easy. It's what choices would Vegas have to make to open up the $10m in free space required for the trade. Right now they have $5.765m free.

- Can demote the 3 waiver exempt players to get to a 20 man roster and get to $8.2m free. So that leaves $1.8m in space to free up.
- If Stone is out another 8 days (and 4 games) until Nov 8th they could LTIR him, though reports sound like that may not be an option.
- If they activate Stone that's one more body they can remove from the roster, say waive Amadio, that gets them to $8.95m free.
- Don't know whether Patrick's injury is severe enough for LTIR, haven't seen details. That would be enough for $10m if he is. Or could just include him in the trade.
- Otherwise we're probably looking at swapping out some other roster player in the trade to cover the last $1.05m.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad