Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2021-2022 • Channel One Cup • Dec. 13-19 [CAN/CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE]

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

Canada staff does it again. Ignores canadians playing in SHL. Weird.

This tournament should be more intresting than normal with Canada there and with the possibly of no NHLers in olympics i expect best possible rosters. Thought we are not gonna see Juniors (gonna be in WJC camp) and no players from Frölunda, Leksand, Davos and Rögle becuse of CL and Spengler Cup.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Linus Omark - Carl Söderberg - Malte Strömvall
Joakim Nygård - Anton Lander - Carl Klingberg
Emil Pettersson - Oscar Lindberg - Daniel Zaar
Marcus Sörensen - Jacob de la Rose - Pontus Holmberg
Oscar Möller

Jonathan Pudas - Henrik Tömmernäs
Christian Folin - Lukas Bengtsson
Erik Gustafsson - Niklas Hansson
Lawrence Pilut - Philip Holm

Lars Johansson
Magnus Hellberg
Adam Reidenborn

I would say this is the best Team Sweden we can get from Euro leagues for Channel One Cup.

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Team Russia roster:

Goalkeepers: Ivan Fedotov, Timur Bilyalov, Alexander Samonov

Defensemen: Vyacheslav Voynov, Alexander Elesin, Alexei Marchenko, Artyom Minulin, Yegor Yakovlev, Nikita Nesterov, Alexander Nikishin, Sergei Telegin, Semyon Chistyakov, Damir Sharipzyanov

Forwards: Dmitry Voronkov, Artyom Galimov, Stanislav Galiev, Vadim Shipachyov, Mikhail Grigorenko, Pavel Karnaukhov, Sergei Plotnikov, Anton Slepyshev, Arseniy Gritsyuk, Kirill Semyonov, Sergei Tolchinsky, Nikita Gusev, Andrei Kuzmenko, Kirill Marchenko, Ivan Morozov, Vladimir Tkachyov, Andrei Chibisov, Yegor Korshkov, Alexander Kadeikin

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Strömvall, Bengtsson, Almquist, Tedenby and Lilja. Belarus must be pissed off. They where planning to take them into Belarus NT.

Nice that Engsund got a chance.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Why is Marcus Kruger never with the NT anymore? He has been 3 years in NLA now and not played a single game for the NT. He is still very good and only 31 years old.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Strömvall, Bengtsson, Almquist, Tedenby and Lilja. Belarus must be pissed off. They where planning to take them into Belarus NT.

Belarus is on the rise though. Finally they are getting results out of their prospect development. Last year Sharangovich, this year Protas. They are getting some good players for the NT going forward.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Why is Marcus Kruger never with the NT anymore? He has been 3 years in NLA now and not played a single game for the NT. He is still very good and only 31 years old.

Didn't he quit after WC 19? A bit surprised we don't get a look at Patrik Karlkvist here. He's been rather sensational so far. Maybe they consider him too old for being a "newcomer"?

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland

I think they wanted Lilja to be kazakhstani at some point. He has been playing at Barys Nur-Sultan for a while now. I guess they also want naturalize Olle Alsing and Eric Martinsson at some point too.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Didn't he quit after WC 19? A bit surprised we don't get a look at Patrik Karlkvist here. He's been rather sensational so far. Maybe they consider him too old for being a "newcomer"?

His whole line would be intresting to try in EHT. Karlkvist - Olofsson - Rosdahl

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Team Finland!

MÅLVAKTER

Harri Säteri (Sibir Novosibirsk)
Christian Heljanko (Tappara)
Niilo Halonen (HIFK)
BACKAR

Ville Pokka (Avangard Omsk)
Niklas Friman (Jokerit)
Tommi Kivistö (Jokerit)
Julius Honka (Luleå)
Oliwer Kaski (Avangard Omsk)
Valtteri Kemiläinen (Vitjaz Podolsk)
Peetro Seppälä (KooKoo)
Juuso Hietanen (Ambri-Piotta)
Mikael Seppälä (Tappara)
Arttu Pelli (HPK)
FORWARDS

Joonas Nättinen (Severstal Tjerepovets)
Miikka Salomäki (Örebro)
Juhani Tyrväinen (Luleå)
Kalle Kossila (Jokerit)
Joonas Kemppainen (SKA St. Petersburg)
Jere Karjalainen (Dinamo Riga)
Juuso Pärssinen (TPS)
Markus Nenonen (HPK)
Waltteri Merelä (Tappara)
Markus Nurmi (TPS)
Markus Granlund (Salavat Julajev)
Sakari Manninen (Salavat Julajev)
Teemu Hartikainen (Salavat Julajev)
Leo Komarov (SKA St. Petersburg)
Anton Levtchi (Tappara)
Teemu Turunen (Jokerit)

Cool with Komarov.

Sweden and Finland will not play eachother btw.

Reactions: IceHockeyDude

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
You might be thinking of Omark a year prior.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Monten destroyed WJC for me. Looking forward more to this tournament and Spenglar Cup. :laugh:

Hmmm, thinking about lines...

Hellberg
Reidenborn

Almquist - Bengtsson
Pilut - Heed
Engsund - Hultström
Pudas

Pettersson - Holmberg - Strömvall
Nygård - Lindberg - Wedin
Brännström - Olofsson - Timashov
De la Rose - Rydahl/Johansson - Larsson

I like Pudas. But we know what he can. He can sit back and relax.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

This is close to the Olympic team if NHLers don't go. I'd toss in a Zohorna perhaps. Curious how Frolik does. Krejci is only for first game.

I like that Blumel and Smejkal are getting looks. I admit I forgot about Sobotka but he would be a good add as well.

Also, this is almost the exact opposite of the last team we nominated which was very young.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

Lilja never accepts a invite. Feels like he wants to become a part of the Kazak NT. Not sure where he would play on Kazan NT. Probaly on a second line.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Lilja never accepts a invite. Feels like he wants to become a part of the Kazak NT.
It might be a reason but it's also just as likely (if not more so) that guys playing so far away from home want to use the break to visit family etc., especially since the KHL season has no Christmas break so this is as good of chance as they are going to get.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
Pretty odd that Canada has still only announced a few players. Their first game is Wednesday

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Yeah, was just thinking about that. I guess they have withdrawn.

Also it looks like Team Sweden games will not be broadcasted for swedish viewers. Only happend 2 times in my lifetime. What a shitty timing. This tournament is more intresting than normal. Sure there is the free stream option, but its so horrible quality its not worth it.

iginlafan77

Dec 5, 2014
FGHHvqfXMAIQky9

Sibir posted that Trevor Murphy will be on the Canadian team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad