Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2020-2021 • Beijer Hockey Games • Feb. 11-14 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE]

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-2-11_12-9-33.png

Thrilled to see Spacek on line 1. Nice to see Sulak back. Curious how Stransky does. I only think a handful of these guys go to the worlds.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well, Russia takes WC very seriously and wants to win gold. EHT is perfect for testing players and building chemistry, especially during this Corona-season where few NHLers will play if any. Using 1-2 EHT tourmament to send a purely young team makes sense, but not in all EHT tournaments, Russia should send best possible team in next EHT tournament, no matter age.
Russia will have 2 EHT tournaments with close to WC rosters. The russian stage was one, the czech games before the WC usually even feature NHLers who come early. Obviously nothing is certain this season despite the WC starting late, but the most close to WC roster will be featured at the czech EHT stage. And some guys from today's game might even make it. They are going through options. Obviously Chekhovich and Zhafyarov made a statement. Samonov was solid too while the D was expectedly bad, both because of Larionov coaching and age.

Last edited:

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
That was the first time I see Finland winning czechs on penalties. Surely don´t happen often and at the official tournaments I don´t remember a single one shootout win against them....

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That was the first time I see Finland winning czechs on penalties. Surely don´t happen often and at the official tournaments I don´t remember a single one shootout win against them....
Nice comeback.. we were up 2-0 but Finns don't quit!

Reactions: Lartsaman

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Swedens have luxury of goalies in Europe right now. If no NHL Goalie joins us for WC is not a problem.

Reidenborn, Lasse Johansson, Hellberg, Lindbäck, Fasth....so many good keepers to choose from.

Not sure whats the deal with Fasth, he is 38 and is having his best season ever.

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Starting to get worried a bit. Finland hasnt shown absolutely anything at these three tournaments so far. Only 14 shots at goal today. Sweden had an easy win. We really need our best khl-players at the WCH if we want to succeed this year....

2019 most of the khl-players declined the invitation. I hope its different this time. We need at least that Granlund-Manninen-Hartikainen-line but I doubt they come.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
We lost all 3 as expected but I did enjoy watching them play on the replays! All the games were close and a lot of heart shown. Might be some good players for upcoming world's.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
So, summing up the facts. The tournament in Finland resulted in zero COVID-positive players* from all four teams. The Russian tournament also with zero COVID-positive players. This month we had the tournament in Sweden, and I am reading about one positive tested player from Finland & two Czech players. If all facts are OK, I am asking, what is wrong with the COVID protocol in Sweden?

*by player I mean any member of the team, so player, coach, another member of the team.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
COVID protocol in Sweden?
Probably nothing. It's a pandemic and it spreads everywhere. Not sure I'd blame Sweden or think that Russia/Finland are better at this given the players that tested weren't Swedish. Eg. it's possible the Swedes are perfect and now a Czech accidentally brought the new variant over. Just a thought.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Probably nothing. It's a pandemic and it spreads everywhere. Not sure I'd blame Sweden or think that Russia/Finland are better at this given the players that tested weren't Swedish. Eg. it's possible the Swedes are perfect and now a Czech accidentally brought the new variant over. Just a thought.
It is debatable who is responsible. The first idea coming to mind is that the tournament´s organiser who should do everything not to allow any person to play/attend the tournament. On the other hand, Czechs & Finns should do the same due diligence.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
So, summing up the facts. The tournament in Finland resulted in zero COVID-positive players* from all four teams. The Russian tournament also with zero COVID-positive players. This month we had the tournament in Sweden, and I am reading about one positive tested player from Finland & two Czech players. If all facts are OK, I am asking, what is wrong with the COVID protocol in Sweden?

*by player I mean any member of the team, so player, coach, another member of the team.
Two players from Växjö who represented Sweden have contracted the virus. It also seems like Sweden was the only team not living in a bubble as they had to honour a sponsorship contract with the hotel franchise Scandic :laugh: The other teams stayed at the Malmö Arena hotel

Reactions: vorky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad