Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2020-2021 • Beijer Hockey Games • Feb. 11-14 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE]

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
So not far away.

Teams will be named in 1-2 weeks. But i have no idea which leagues will not release their players, SHL releasing players should be obvious since its played in Sweden. Might be only SHL players in Team Sweden if so:

Viktor Fasth
Gustaf Lindvall

Time for Fasth to make a comeback, he is doing great. Lindvall would be debutant, and thats about time, been a top keeper in SHL for years.

Erik Gustafsson - Nils Lundkvist
Jonas Junland - Joel Persson
Johannes Kinvall - Jesper Pettersson

Finally Gustafsson is back, he said he wanted to come back so its time. His partner Lundkvist will be his partner in national team too.

Junland have been a beast, time to get back , i think he will fit good with Persson.

Kinvall should be tested, one of the best offensive d-man in SHL with Safe, physical Jesper Pettersson who even have showed to have a decent offensive game this season.

Everberg - Ryfors - Zaar (one of the best lines in SHL)
Fröden - Wingerli - Berggren (Skellefteå guys who did good in past tournaments)
Rödin - Pettersson - Bergström (Rödin is playing with fire this season, Pettersson is top notch and Bergström have been just great the entire season)
Alexander Holtz - William Eklund - Lucas Raymond (why not hahaha, this would be fun to see).

Total standings so far, Russia is dominating.

Screenshot-57.png

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Team Russia roster:

GK
Yaroslav Askarov
Alexander Samonov
Daniil Tarasov
D
Alexander Alexeyev
Semyon Chistyakov
Marsel Ibragimov
Kirill Kirsanov
Artyom Minulin
Daniil Misyul
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Daniil Pylenkov
Sergei Zborovskiy
Daniil Zhuravlyov
FW
Zakhar Bardakov
Vladimir Butuzov
Ivan Chekhovich
Nikita Chibrikov
Artyom Galimov
Maxim Groshev
Artur Kayumov
Marat Khusnutdinov
Nikolai Kovalenko
Pavel Kraskovskiy
Vitaliy Kravtsov
Vasiliy Podkolzin
Sergei Shmelyov
Maxim Sorkin
Damir Zhafyarov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Igor Larionov will be the head coach at this tournament.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Team Russia roster:

GK
Yaroslav Askarov
Alexander Samonov
Daniil Tarasov
D
Alexander Alexeyev
Semyon Chistyakov
Marsel Ibragimov
Kirill Kirsanov
Artyom Minulin
Daniil Misyul
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Daniil Pylenkov
Sergei Zborovskiy
Daniil Zhuravlyov
FW
Zakhar Bardakov
Vladimir Butuzov
Ivan Chekhovich
Nikita Chibrikov
Artyom Galimov
Maxim Groshev
Artur Kayumov
Marat Khusnutdinov
Nikolai Kovalenko
Pavel Kraskovskiy
Vitaliy Kravtsov
Vasiliy Podkolzin
Sergei Shmelyov
Maxim Sorkin
Damir Zhafyarov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Is this the roster or conjecture?

Didn't see any rosters on the swehockey website yet?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Team Russia roster:

GK
Yaroslav Askarov
Alexander Samonov
Daniil Tarasov
D
Alexander Alexeyev
Semyon Chistyakov
Marsel Ibragimov
Kirill Kirsanov
Artyom Minulin
Daniil Misyul
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Daniil Pylenkov
Sergei Zborovskiy
Daniil Zhuravlyov
FW
Zakhar Bardakov
Vladimir Butuzov
Ivan Chekhovich
Nikita Chibrikov
Artyom Galimov
Maxim Groshev
Artur Kayumov
Marat Khusnutdinov
Nikolai Kovalenko
Pavel Kraskovskiy
Vitaliy Kravtsov
Vasiliy Podkolzin
Sergei Shmelyov
Maxim Sorkin
Damir Zhafyarov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

whats the point with sending a junior team once again?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I thought Nick Malik was pretty hillarious to be honest. The Czechs must know something the rest of the world doesn't.

I can't see this team winning too much. I don't put any value in the table results but we won't be 2nd after this one.

Guys I'm excited about.. Kral, Musil, Sulak, Blumel, Lakatos, Smejkal and Spacek!

Reactions: Goodman68 and Chevx

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
I thought Nick Malik was pretty hillarious to be honest. The Czechs must know something the rest of the world doesn't.

I can't see this team winning too much. I don't put any value in the table results but we won't be 2nd after this one.

Guys I'm excited about.. Kral, Musil, Sulak, Blumel, Lakatos, Smejkal and Spacek!

I hope Král gets a decent time on the ice in all matches, he deserves it and would only grow from it. I was never on the wave in case of Šulák, he is interesting offensively but cannot play in the defensive zone. Smejkal and Špaček had nice chemistry at the first tournament, Špaček was additionally great on face offs. If they deliver again, they would be nice base for the 3rd line at WC (given the circumstances, naturally).

I'm personally excited about Holík, he should have been nominated in 2019. (edit: so Holík has just excused himself, being replaced by Zdráhal, nvm) The Malík thing is ridiculous, but I try to be restrained when it comes to young guys. I would personally give at least two matches to Bartošák to see if he can keep consistency with the average team in front of him.

Let's see how it goes, I'm honestly really pumped about the tournament as it is the first national event following the slight turmoil we were witnessing during this January.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I hope Král gets a decent time on the ice in all matches, he deserves it and would only grow from it. I was never on the wave in case of Šulák, he is interesting offensively but cannot play in the defensive zone. Smejkal and Špaček had nice chemistry at the first tournament, Špaček was additionally great on face offs. If they deliver again, they would be nice base for the 3rd line at WC (given the circumstances, naturally).

I'm personally excited about Holík, he should have been nominated in 2019. (edit: so Holík has just excused himself, being replaced by Zdráhal, nvm) The Malík thing is ridiculous, but I try to be restrained when it comes to young guys. I would personally give at least two matches to Bartošák to see if he can keep consistency with the average team in front of him.

Let's see how it goes, I'm honestly really pumped about the tournament as it is the first national event following the slight turmoil we were witnessing during this January.
Kral could end up being a real nice surprise... something like Kubalik who is now a very good NHLer but was a 7th round pick, traded, played in Swiss league etc. The Kometa games I've seen he seemed very involved.

Smejkal seems to be getting some press and said he has NHL interest. He doesn't get many points but seems to be a very big C. I don' tknow much about him.

Spacek is one of my fav tier 2 Czech prospects.. guys that I don't think will make the NHL but that I am cheering for. David Kase is another one like that. I'll add Lakatos to this list as well. Later blooming player who was drafted but not signed.

I was very anti Sulak when he made the World Championships the first time and thought he was bad. the next worlds he looked outstanding and was my fav D. He seems very mercurial. Gets to NHL but ends up in Finland. My guess is that he has all the physical tools to be a great player but not enough of the mental side for it. Total guess.

Nothing against Malik and, I agree, giving a young Czech opportunity is always a good thing. However, I just haven't seen anything to suggest this is the next great Czech goalie. I may eat my words but I'd say he is not even top 10 for prospects for the NHL - Skarek, Dostal, Vladar, Vanecek, Parik, Bednar, Dobes, Patera and a few others all feel like they have a better chance. And I don't mean today as they are older, I just mean in the next 10 years I think he'll be behind them.

Bartosak.. if he ever crawls his way back to the NHL it would be an amazing story. Seems to have the talent but obviously some issues that he seems to be fighting very bravely.

The upcoming worlds... I've been DYING for them to bring back the European Championships. I'd love to see my Euro Czechs battle it out. So this will be close to that and I think I'll really enjoy our team. I love guys like Bartosak, Jaskin, Kovar, Gulas and Zohorna but not when they get played over guys like Mrazek, Francouz, Vrana, Chytil and Hertl (all players who have been healthy scratched in favour of Extraliga players or KHL ones).

Reactions: Goodman68

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Well, as usual, players decline.

Declined>

Jakob Lilja, Linus Johansson, Lars Johansson, Erik Gustafsson, Emil Djuse and Malte Stromvall, Michael Lindqvist, Mattias Tedenby, Markus Ljungh, Emil Larsson.

In>
Anton Bengtsson, Christopher Rifalk, Daniel Zaar, Daniel Viksten, Gustav Backstrom, Jesper Sellgren, Linus Froberg and Fredrik Olofsson, Filip Sandberg.

Fasth (hopefully he gets 2 games)
Rifalk

Sellgren - Lundkvist
Lundberg - Persson
Backstrom - Hansson
Johansson

Pettersson - Froberg - Viksten
Berggren - Wingerli - Fröden
Hallander - Ryfors - Zaar
Sandberg - Bengtsson - Friberg
Holmberg, Olofsson

Cant see any players here making it to WC. We got a huge pool of players in NHL and many NHLers should be hungry to play. Maybe Fasth as 3rd keeper. Friberg as a checkline winger perhaps. If covid still a big problem then things will change ofc.

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Team Russia roster:

GK
Yaroslav Askarov
Alexander Samonov
Daniil Tarasov
D
Alexander Alexeyev
Semyon Chistyakov
Marsel Ibragimov
Kirill Kirsanov
Artyom Minulin
Daniil Misyul
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Daniil Pylenkov
Sergei Zborovskiy
Daniil Zhuravlyov
FW
Zakhar Bardakov
Vladimir Butuzov
Ivan Chekhovich
Nikita Chibrikov
Artyom Galimov
Maxim Groshev
Artur Kayumov
Marat Khusnutdinov
Nikolai Kovalenko
Pavel Kraskovskiy
Vitaliy Kravtsov
Vasiliy Podkolzin
Sergei Shmelyov
Maxim Sorkin
Damir Zhafyarov
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Roster update: Artur Kayumov and Artyom Galimov are out; German Rubtsov and Danila Moiseyev are in.

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Cant see any players here making it to WC. We got a huge pool of players in NHL and many NHLers should be hungry to play. Maybe Fasth as 3rd keeper. Friberg as a checkline winger perhaps. If covid still a big problem then things will change ofc.

Nhl-season ends a week before the tournament. Players have to stay in guarantine if they wish to take part. I don´t see many nhl-players coming this year although they have been very eager to represent your country in the past years. So I see actualy a few players who can very well make it. Maybe Berggren-Wingerli-Fröden line and Jesper Sellgren?

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Nhl-season ends a week before the tournament. Players have to stay in guarantine if they wish to take part. I don´t see many nhl-players coming this year although they have been very eager to represent your country in the past years. So I see actualy a few players who can very well make it. Maybe Berggren-Wingerli-Fröden line and Jesper Sellgren?

If thats the case, then yes, Berggren / Wingerli/Froden line is a possiblity. Sellgren needs to step up, he was better last season.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
It makes a lot of sense to actually let promising players play at the higher level rather than some 29 y.o. who peaked as a 2nd pair D in the K.

Well, Russia takes WC very seriously and wants to win gold. EHT is perfect for testing players and building chemistry, especially during this Corona-season where few NHLers will play if any. Using 1-2 EHT tourmament to send a purely young team makes sense, but not in all EHT tournaments, Russia should send best possible team in next EHT tournament, no matter age.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
6am starts in North America for Czech games on a weekend... grrr. I think we're going 0 for 3 but I definitely wanted to see some of the guys play! The Spacek to NHL redemption story begins here!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, Russia takes WC very seriously and wants to win gold. EHT is perfect for testing players and building chemistry, especially during this Corona-season where few NHLers will play if any. Using 1-2 EHT tourmament to send a purely young team makes sense, but not in all EHT tournaments, Russia should send best possible team in next EHT tournament, no matter age.
Best team did play in the Russian tournament. Also, with KHL playoffs around the corner hockey federation does a solid to its teams as well. Next tournament, sure, likely the best roster is going to play again since it's the one right before the WC.

GaboriklessWild

Oct 20, 2013
Khusnutdinov did not return to the game, right??! I haven't seen him on the ice in the third so far. I bet for a lot of money that he wouldn’t score a point in this match after his second-period injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad