Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2012-13 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE] • 1st Stage • Karjala Cup (Nov. 7-10)

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Salminen does not want to look like the guy who just scores empty netters

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Finland scored 4 goals in this tournament, I think that tells alot about our scoring concerns. Hagman, Haataja, Enlund, Aalto etc etc.. These guys can score on KHL and other european leagues but not at WC-level. That is really disappointing and that's especially why I'm looking forward to the development of Teräväinen, Armia, Barkov and so on.

Sweden was really weak I have to say.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
How is that not a PS?
The handling of the puck in the crease? Rule says you have to pick it up or block it.

Guys are just used randomly. Why is Hörnqvist not parked infront of the goal all the time for example.
I saw Mattias Karlsson in front of the Finnish net more than Horny. I really hate when Swedish coaches use big d-men as screens on the PP, it's just so dumb. Mårts is getting to be as bad as BÅG soon. Remember the 2004 Karjala when BÅG played Frögren on the point on a 5 on 3?

Schnurvel

May 16, 2012
Linköping

DARN IT! :laugh:

I honestly can't say I'm disappointed by the loss, since the team hasn't been that good all tourney. I'm just happy Söderberg got to show how great he really is, and two goals (half of Team Sweden's goals in total :p) in three games is pretty damn good :)

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
no physical play at all. not even from landeskog and pettersson. something is wrong. very wrong.

i miss bengt-Ã¥ke-gustavsson.

ugrimugri*

Sweden could've needed Lundqvist in goal with this defense..

Does not matter, if the netminder is Wesslau, Lundqvist or whoever - did you see that Salminen miss? Empty net is the hardest thing to score on ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad