Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2012-13 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE] • 1st Stage • Karjala Cup (Nov. 7-10)

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
Tretyak told the media that bilyaletdinov will invite the star-players only for the channel one cup in russia (13.-16.12).

that means, we will see just a second-string side (b-team) at the Karjala Cup (6.-9.11.)

Sked

Date | CET | Matchup | Score
Nov. 7|17:30|Russia vs. Finland|-
Nov. 7|18:00|Czech Republic vs. Sweden|-
Nov. 9|14:00|Sweden vs. Russia|-
Nov. 9|17:30|Finland vs. Czech Republic|-
Nov. 10|12:00|Czech Republic vs. Russia|-
Nov. 10|16:00|Finland vs. Sweden|-

Rosters
Czech Republic
Finland
Russia
Sweden

Last edited by a moderator:

Mara

May 10, 2011
Isn't that how it goes for pretty much every team? Get the best possible team for home tournament, try new stuff and leftovers for others.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Isn't that how it goes for pretty much every team? Get the best possible team for home tournament, try new stuff and leftovers for others.

Yeah. Try-outs and juniors for away-tournaments and Europe all-stars for home tournaments.

It's still fun to watch in cold winter weekends.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Karjala Tournament - possible team?

6 weeks left....the NHL-lockout make things interesting.

if lockout has end.

Martin Thornberg - Tony Martensson - Joakim Lindstrom
Oscar Moller - Carl Soderberg - Jesper Fasth
Johan Harju - Calle Jarnkrok - Linus Omark
Fredrik Pettersson - Joel Lundqvist - Andreas Jamtin

Staffan Kronwall - Sebastian Erixon
Simon Bertilsson - Mattias Karlsson
Mattias Backman - Oscar Klefbom

If there is still a lockout.

Erik Karlsson - Douglas Murray
Victor Hedman - Jonathan Ericsson
Staffan Kronwall - Simon Bertilsson (i have big faith in Simon)

Alexander Steen - Patrik Berglund - Gabriel Landeskog
Carl Hagelin - Mikael Backlund - Patric Hornqvist
Johan Harju - Carl Soderberg - Linus Omark
Fredrik Pettersson - Tom Wandell - Andreas Jamtin

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I wouldn't take Doug in the form he's been so far(puck decisions, skating, big ice). It depends on if he improves drastically the next few weeks. Ericsson also only has a three game contract for now, so I'd count him out.

I'm all for stacking the team however. Will lower league players be named? I hope so. The Russians will only do it for their home tournament but they still have a great team. The Finns will probably stack their team for Karjala I guess and the Czechs have most of their guys available aswell if they want.

Steen-Söderberg-Omark
Hagelin-Berglund-Landeskog
Möller-Lindberg-Lindström (why not?)
Thörnberg-Lundqvist-Jämtin
Fasth

A lot of speed, skill and grit. Hörnqvist has only played one game and is playing in an obscure league and Backlund isn't playing games yet.

Karlsson-Kronwall
Hedman-D.Gunnarsson
Klefbom-Bertilsson
Tömmernes

Young but no pylons and they can hold their ground.

Fasth
Wesslau

Harks

Oct 27, 2010
Malmö
Why is everyone so high on Möller? Don't see it. Looks exactly like last year. Good work ethic, no hockeysense whatsoever, too weak, same aim. Shoots wide every damn time! I'd rather see semi-good guys like Åslund, Ritola, Lindberg ahead of him on NT.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Why is everyone so high on Möller? Don't see it. Looks exactly like last year. Good work ethic, no hockeysense whatsoever, too weak, same aim. Shoots wide every damn time! I'd rather see semi-good guys like Åslund, Ritola, Lindberg ahead of him on NT.

My team has Lindberg too. :p: And I think it could be a good thing to place three guys from the same team on a line. I see now that I forgot Olausson though who should be a lock, I'd probably bump Möller off the team for him.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Viktor Fasth
Gustaf Wesslau
Joacim Eriksson

Erik Karlsson - Victor Hedman
Staffan Kronwall - Doug Murray
Daniel Fernholm - Jonas Frögren
Simon Bertilsson

Gabriel Landeskog - Carl Söderberg - Mattias Weinhandl
Johan Harju - Alexander Steen - Linus Omark
Carl Hagelin - Patrik Berglund - Mikael Backlund
Mattias Thörnberg - Joel Lundqivst - Patric Hörnqvist

mikjo344

Oct 9, 2008
Örnsköldsvik
My team has Lindberg too. :p: And I think it could be a good thing to place three guys from the same team on a line. I see now that I forgot Olausson though who should be a lock, I'd probably bump Möller off the team for him.

Since you put Steen on the wing, why not put him together with Berglund and promote Landeskog to first line?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Since you put Steen on the wing, why not put him together with Berglund and promote Landeskog to first line?

I think those three on the first line are our best players right now. Not necessarily my team in a month though. Berglund is still finding his pace and Landeskog hasn't started playing yet. I'd rather have Steen and Landeskog on different lines anyway, they fill a similar role.

There are way better options than Harju.

Agreed.

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
Bilyaletdinov to team-russia2014.ru
Their will be also NHL players in the roster for the 1st stage of the euro tour 2012/2013. Because of not-knowing when the lockout is over, this chance to test the players on an in international level must be deployed. Most of them invited NHL Players participated in the trainingscamp in the switzerland this summer (Anisimov, Kulikov, Bobrovsky etc.). Players that played at the world championship 2012 will not be in this team.

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
Anyone else see a new possible conflict here? It sounds like MÃ¥rts are willing to give the teams who have NHLers the option to say no... an option that, based on agreement, they shouldn't have.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Anyone else see a new possible conflict here? It sounds like MÃ¥rts are willing to give the teams who have NHLers the option to say no... an option that, based on agreement, they shouldn't have.

There's a chance, or risk, of that happening. But I don't think the clubs should have much influence in this. Those breaks are there for a reason, and players are more than enough trained to play those extra games. If you're so scared of getting injured you might aswell change sport. If there's something with the insurance that doesn't cover National team play, then it's another matter.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
NHL:ers in Karjala sounds no:ish

Omark Järnkrok Engqvist
Fasth Lundqvist Kahnberg
Hjalmarsson Söderberg Arlbrandt
Thörnberg Olausson Andersson
Lindberg

Nygren Kronwall
Fernholm Erixon
Karlsson Bäckman
Gunnarsson

Gustafsson Ersberg

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
He wouldn't be there anyway since he's got another WJC to play. Should get a few looks in 2013 though.

Brodin played this exact tournament last year. I think a lot because of other injuries, but he was still there instead of U20.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Brodin played this exact tournament last year. I think a lot because of other injuries, but he was still there instead of U20.

Oh, really? Had completely forgotten about that. Disregard what I said, then. I guess Klefbom playing U20 tournaments pre-WJC would be a complete waste anyways, apart from chemistry with his D-partner and the group that he will probably captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad