Confirmed with Link: Ehrhoff Released From PTO

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I literally have no clue what you mean here.

"Stay" healthy? We're already down two starters to injury on defense alone.

You could argue the guys who are replacing them in the line-up are actually better than those two "starters".

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
You could argue the guys who are replacing them in the line-up are actually better than those two "starters".

And that's fine, but it doesn't make the "staying healthy" argument any more accurate. The season hasn't even started and we're already looking at multiple injuries to guys both at forward AND on defense.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
And that's fine, but it doesn't make the "staying healthy" argument any more accurate. The season hasn't even started and we're already looking at multiple injuries to guys both at forward AND on defense.

Your right, not off to a great start.

Hey look at it this way, better now than in March/April/May/June

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Your right, not off to a great start.

Hey look at it this way, better now than in March/April/May/June

jim-mora-playoffs-300x225.jpg

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
That Jim Mora quote will live on forever. :laugh:'

Hey I'm an optimist.

that and Iverson's "practice?"

back on topic, i would have been okay with having Ehrhoff around, but he's bottom pairing material at best and we have an excess of bottom pairing guys. Without addressing the top pair this team is fighting to be a bubble team and are not close to contending.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
I did say before, no need for duplicates. We have Liles why Ehrhoff. We have Kevan, they extended him, no need now for McQuaid. We have Colin, we can ditch Morrow. The elephant in the room is a big one 6'9" to be exact and who is his replacement.

I like the kids and think they have the right stuff, they are big enough not to get pushed around and smart enough to play quick. Stop trying this eternal problem of pairing speed with stay at home. Getting the guys with all the tools, instead of mixing and matching. Then pairings become seemless.

They drafted with that thought. All of them are well rounded. In 3 to 5 yrs it will be a joy to watch. Sweeney is starting it with Carlo and O'Gara and keeping Krug in town. Lauzon, Zboril, McAvoy, Lindgren, Arnesson are the next wave of multi skilled guys.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
tough to debate the merits of Sweeney when your user name pretty much sums up how you feel about him.

So are you saying that Sweeney and the B's didn't really want Ehrhoff, despite the reports saying that it was Ehrhoff who passed on signing here? Previous poster's agenda aside, that narrative has been accepted as fact at this point, no?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I did say before, no need for duplicates. We have Liles why Ehrhoff. We have Kevan, they extended him, no need now for McQuaid. We have Colin, we can ditch Morrow. The elephant in the room is a big one 6'9" to be exact and who is his replacement.

I like the kids and think they have the right stuff, they are big enough not to get pushed around and smart enough to play quick. Stop trying this eternal problem of pairing speed with stay at home. Getting the guys with all the tools, instead of mixing and matching. Then pairings become seemless.

They drafted with that thought. All of them are well rounded. In 3 to 5 yrs it will be a joy to watch. Sweeney is starting it with Carlo and O'Gara and keeping Krug in town. Lauzon, Zboril, McAvoy, Lindgren, Arnesson are the next wave of multi skilled guys.

Shhhh. If we all ignore the problem, it will eventually work itself out...:naughty:

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
So are you saying that Sweeney and the B's didn't really want Ehrhoff, despite the reports saying that it was Ehrhoff who passed on signing here? Previous poster's agenda aside, that narrative has been accepted as fact at this point, no?

I certainly think they wanted him, but I think it was also clear they weren't guaranteeing him minutes in the top 6, which may mean they wanted him as a short term fix till a kid was ready, which I can't exactly rag on them for. At least that's how I read it though. Could definitely be wrong.

Shhhh. If we all ignore the problem, it will eventually work itself out...:naughty:

I think they sort of did address that problem though. You can't just 'replace' what Chara was when he was at the top of his game. They've spent a lot of draft capital to replace the defense because they know the approach going forward should be to not rely so heavily on one guy, or hope that one guy develops into close to that level, and the rest can fill in the remainder of the D-core.

Miller's out for a bit, Erhoff's no longer an option, McQuaid out at least a few. Time for these kids to show what they're made of. Even if not by management's choice, these kids are getting a shot. A real shot too, as their feet are being thrown to the fire.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sweeney up front with Erhoff but he paid Morrow & Chiller and feels it's in best interests

Claude I'm sure wanted Erhoff but he's not selecting the players but coaching the ones he's given

Erhoff disappointed as played well enough but I agree let's see is these guys can swim

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad