EHM Part Three - No Longer Early Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
How's Nedeljkovic? Dude's turned into a stud in all three games I'm currently playing.

He usually is a stud in my games too but for whatever reason, in this particular one, he didn't blossom...he's now with Amur in the KHL. That's what is nice about playing though...even young guys who have set potential that are very high don't always hit those heights. The conditions have to be right.

So I went back and looked at the Price trade in June 2018...the Panthers got Price and a 3rd rounder for Alex Petrovic, Brandon Pirri and a 2nd rounder. They then let Petrovic go after the season to Dallas in free agency. WOOF. Reimer is actually starting for Montreal now, they got him last year off of waivers from Toronto. The Habs are terrible. Subban and MaxPac just turned 30 and probably should be dealt this year. 33 year-old Paul Stastny is their #1 center because Galchenyuk regressed terribly in 18-19 after looking like a breakout star candidate the years before. Guys like McCarron, Sherbak, Andrighetto and Hudon are all NHL regulars but complimentary players at best. Juulsen has been weak and not an NHL regular although Jake Bean has been good since the get-go and NCAA reinforcements are on the way for the blueline in Charls McAvoy, Luke Martin and David Farrance. Their key building blocks up front for the future will be Logan Barlage, who was just drafted 4th overall in 2019 and needs plenty more development time and T.J. Walsh, the 8th overall pick from 2018 who was smoking hot as a freshman with Boston College, scoring 61 points in 45 games.

I may take the reigns in Montreal and see if I can pull them back to glory :nod:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He usually is a stud in my games too but for whatever reason, in this particular one, he didn't blossom...he's now with Amur in the KHL. That's what is nice about playing though...even young guys who have set potential that are very high don't always hit those heights. The conditions have to be right.

So I went back and looked at the Price trade in June 2018...the Panthers got Price and a 3rd rounder for Alex Petrovic, Brandon Pirri and a 2nd rounder. They then let Petrovic go after the season to Dallas in free agency. WOOF. Reimer is actually starting for Montreal now, they got him last year off of waivers from Toronto. The Habs are terrible. Subban and MaxPac just turned 30 and probably should be dealt this year. 33 year-old Paul Stastny is their #1 center because Galchenyuk regressed terribly in 18-19 after looking like a breakout star candidate the years before. Guys like McCarron, Sherbak, Andrighetto and Hudon are all NHL regulars but complimentary players at best. Juulsen has been weak and not an NHL regular although Jake Bean has been good since the get-go and NCAA reinforcements are on the way for the blueline in Charls McAvoy, Luke Martin and David Farrance. Their key building blocks up front for the future will be Logan Barlage, who was just drafted 4th overall in 2019 and needs plenty more development time and T.J. Walsh, the 8th overall pick from 2018 who was smoking hot as a freshman with Boston College, scoring 61 points in 45 games.

I may take the reigns in Montreal and see if I can pull them back to glory :nod:

I like that as well. There are some players who consistently do well, but I can never be sure they'll be great. Hell, in two of my saves, McDavid has broken 30 goals and 70 points once. The other he averages 40/50/90, but even that's not quite what people think he could do.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Thanks for that - Hope it works, but no big deal if it doesn't.

I'll see if the current one that's one (I believe riz made it?) will work on PlayOnMac. Not too sure how to go about that, though, besides downloading a browser and then downloading the editor.

The 2007 Editor was written by mne2. Riz/SI have never released an editor to date.

I don't know if this is of any help: https://www.reddit.com/r/macgaming/comments/2trcu1/playonmac_folders_problem/ <- If you can locate a folder within PlayOnMac then you could download the exe via your Mac browser and then copy it across.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Drafted 52nd overall in 2016 to putting up 83 points in 76 games in 2025, Luke Green is an absolute beast

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Hope you don't mind Foppa a 2nd sim being posted on here. I'm curious to see just how different two sims can be and what fun stuff can happen in the game.

2015/16

Nothing really weird in the OHL Draft or the WHL Bantam draft. The QMJHL draft was interesting though as two goalies were picked 2nd overall (Nolan Kelly to Sherbrooke) and 3rd overall (Daniel McKinney to Saint John). Like Foppa Patrick Laine was taken 1st overall, this time though by the Buffalo Sabres. Winnipeg Jets went 2nd overall and took Jacob Chychrun.

Lackluster year for offense in the NHL as Stamkos won the Art Ross only putting up 79 points in 82 games but did win the Cup with Tampa and then resigned for a year. Ben Bishop won the Lester B. Pearson (and the Conn Smythe)...and the two finalists were two goalies (Lundqvist/Crawford). Panarin won the Calder with 61 points in 82 games. What's weird is McDavid came in 3rd with 58 points and Ehlers in 2nd with 51 points.

Found where Auston Matthews was taken, 4th overall by the Arizona Coyotes. Ryan Kesler was traded to the Devils, in his bio it says he doesn't like Ducks GM Bryan Murray very much :laugh: Brian Elliott ended up back in Ottawa while Big Buff signed with Tampa Bay.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
FA gets a bit absurd later on. Crosby, Toews, Kane, Stamkos, Tavares, Benn, and Tarasenko all managed to hit the market in the same year. Took over two months for some of them to get signed because there simply isn't enough cap space for them.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
FA gets a bit absurd later on. Crosby, Toews, Kane, Stamkos, Tavares, Benn, and Tarasenko all managed to hit the market in the same year. Took over two months for some of them to get signed because there simply isn't enough cap space for them.

You can pretty much always get 1 of the (or Ovechkin) for cheap in september since team are all cap-strapped.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Drafted 52nd overall in 2016 to putting up 83 points in 76 games in 2025, Luke Green is an absolute beast
Yeah, by pure luck I drafted him in the second round myself. He had 117 points his last year in juniors (probably would have got about 130 if not for WJC duty) and he was over a point per game in his rookie AHL season just finished.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Hope you don't mind Foppa a 2nd sim being posted on here. I'm curious to see just how different two sims can be and what fun stuff can happen in the game.

2015/16

Nothing really weird in the OHL Draft or the WHL Bantam draft. The QMJHL draft was interesting though as two goalies were picked 2nd overall (Nolan Kelly to Sherbrooke) and 3rd overall (Daniel McKinney to Saint John). Like Foppa Patrick Laine was taken 1st overall, this time though by the Buffalo Sabres. Winnipeg Jets went 2nd overall and took Jacob Chychrun.

Lackluster year for offense in the NHL as Stamkos won the Art Ross only putting up 79 points in 82 games but did win the Cup with Tampa and then resigned for a year. Ben Bishop won the Lester B. Pearson (and the Conn Smythe)...and the two finalists were two goalies (Lundqvist/Crawford). Panarin won the Calder with 61 points in 82 games. What's weird is McDavid came in 3rd with 58 points and Ehlers in 2nd with 51 points.

Found where Auston Matthews was taken, 4th overall by the Arizona Coyotes. Ryan Kesler was traded to the Devils, in his bio it says he doesn't like Ducks GM Bryan Murray very much :laugh: Brian Elliott ended up back in Ottawa while Big Buff signed with Tampa Bay.

Wow, Arizona lucked out going 4th and still getting to take Matthews. So Laine was 1, Chychrun 2...was Pulju 3? Or Tkachuk?

Love hearing stories from others as well, I think its a great way to keep interest in the game going and the more interest there is, the more Riz and SI are going to keep improving it!

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Wow, Arizona lucked out going 4th and still getting to take Matthews. So Laine was 1, Chychrun 2...was Pulju 3? Or Tkachuk?

Love hearing stories from others as well, I think its a great way to keep interest in the game going and the more interest there is, the more Riz and SI are going to keep improving it!

Pretty sure it was Tkachuk 3rd overall. I simmed too far past the draft unfortunately so I didn't get the chance to take a good look.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
2016/17 Season

Timo Meier came to play in his rookie season putting up 50 points in 79 games. No other rookie hit even 40 points. Auston Matthews was the highest 2016 Draftee in the scoring race hitting 32 points in 80 games. Meier ended up winning the Calder naturally while Matthews came in 2nd.

I don't know how but Tampa Bay didn't even make playoffs. Big Buff was an absolute waste of a pick up though, 8!!! points in 75 games. Oh and he gets paid ~6M per season. No idea what they are paying him for but that deal really sucks right now. Offense went slightly up this season with Jamie Benn hitting 85 points and John Tavares hitting 82 points.

WHL Draft had quite the reach take place with the Vancouver Giants taking the 24th ranked player 1st overall. Other junior drafts seemed normal at least. Didn't realize this but the first three draft spots are all lottery based(I wasn't sure if this feature was implemented in game) which is why the Avalanche has gone from 1st overall to 4th overall. Nolan Patrick went 1st overall to the Flyers who were originally going to be picking 6th overall. Two Swedes went 2nd overall and 3rd overall...but no they weren't Twins.

Hockey Canada has to be loving the Avalanche not making playoffs because they have a 2 year Gold Medal streak going on right now from two wins in OT (last year against Russia, this season against the USA). MacKinnon scored the OT goal last season and Barrie assisted on the Golden Goal this season. Also decided to go back and take a look at the WJC winner. It was Canada with an 11-3 win over the States in the GMG :laugh: Nolan Patrick with a hat trick.

Rangers won the Stanley Cup over the Nashville Predators with a 4-1 series win. Tanner Glass scored the 4th goal to seal the deal :laugh:

2nd year in a row where a goalie has won the Lester B. Pearson, this time it's Lundqvist (along with the Conn Smythe). He didn't win the Vezina though as that went to Pekka Rinne. You are all going to love this...Matt Halischuk won the Selke Award over Toews and Bergeron.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
2016/17 Season

Timo Meier came to play in his rookie season putting up 50 points in 79 games. No other rookie hit even 40 points. Auston Matthews was the highest 2016 Draftee in the scoring race hitting 32 points in 80 games. Meier ended up winning the Calder naturally while Matthews came in 2nd.

I don't know how but Tampa Bay didn't even make playoffs. Big Buff was an absolute waste of a pick up though, 8!!! points in 75 games. Oh and he gets paid ~6M per season. No idea what they are paying him for but that deal really sucks right now. Offense went slightly up this season with Jamie Benn hitting 85 points and John Tavares hitting 82 points.

WHL Draft had quite the reach take place with the Vancouver Giants taking the 24th ranked player 1st overall. Other junior drafts seemed normal at least. Didn't realize this but the first three draft spots are all lottery based(I wasn't sure if this feature was implemented in game) which is why the Avalanche has gone from 1st overall to 4th overall. Nolan Patrick went 1st overall to the Flyers who were originally going to be picking 6th overall. Two Swedes went 2nd overall and 3rd overall...but no they weren't Twins.

Hockey Canada has to be loving the Avalanche not making playoffs because they have a 2 year Gold Medal streak going on right now from two wins in OT (last year against Russia, this season against the USA). MacKinnon scored the OT goal last season and Barrie assisted on the Golden Goal this season. Also decided to go back and take a look at the WJC winner. It was Canada with an 11-3 win over the States in the GMG :laugh: Nolan Patrick with a hat trick.

Rangers won the Stanley Cup over the Nashville Predators with a 4-1 series win. Tanner Glass scored the 4th goal to seal the deal :laugh:

2nd year in a row where a goalie has won the Lester B. Pearson, this time it's Lundqvist (along with the Conn Smythe). He didn't win the Vezina though as that went to Pekka Rinne. You are all going to love this...Matt Halischuk won the Selke Award over Toews and Bergeron.

Is Duchene playing C or RW? I modified my database to have him adept at both but to have his primary position to be RW and he and Nate destroy playing full-time together. I find when both are centers, the second line unit suffers in comparison offensively, although the CPU will often have them play on the PP together.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Is Duchene playing C or RW? I modified my database to have him adept at both but to have his primary position to be RW and he and Nate destroy playing full-time together. I find when both are centers, the second line unit suffers in comparison offensively, although the CPU will often have them play on the PP together.

Duchene is playing center. Top line right now is Landy-Mack-Wingels...and the Avs are first in the West 12 games into the season :laugh:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
2017/18

It's an Olympic Year! According to the news Canada won the Gold in unconvincing fashion...apparently winning 4-0 and outshooting your opponent 2:1 is unconvincing. Nathan MacKinnon is a beast internationally. A WC star and then goes an leads the Olympics in scoring. Bad year for the rest of Hockey Canada though. No Gold in either the WJC or WC.

Finally, a 100 point scorer. Evgeni Malkin hits 104 points while teammate Crosby hits 94 points in 10 less games. No 50 point rookies. Andreas Athanasiou did lead rookies in scoring though with 42 points in 82 games. Also as far as I can tell, no <20yo were anywhere close to the rookie scoring lead.

Wild got to go 1st overall after finishing 10th last. Looking more and more like finishing near the bottom doesn't help much. I took until pick number 9 for a Canadian player to be picked.

Carolina lost the Stanley Cup in 7 games to the San Jose Sharks. My Avs finished first in the West and lasted until the Conference Final where the Sharks finally moved on. Makes sense though considering Marleau and Thornton are no longer on the team but Stamkos is! Stamkos now has 2 Stanley Cups in 3 years plus a Conn Smythe.

McDavid and Eichel both struggling. Neither one has hit 60 points yet. Last season Eichel did have 15 points in 16 games before being injured. This season for Eichel was 53 points in 76 games. Sam Reinhart had a break out season though. After two seasons of only +40 points, he hits 69 points this season.

The Oilers though :help: and they need a lot of help. They had Sean Day playing on the roster. Played 69 games and put up 3 points as a 19yo. No idea what he was doing on the roster though. RNH is approaching bust territory. Has yet to hit 50 points since 2014/15.

Looking at my Avs is a bit disappointing in terms of scoring. Though somehow Borna Rendulic put up a 47 point season and scored 21 goals.

And goalies are finally done winning the Lester B. Pearson. Not even a goalie finalist. No other award surprises.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
There's an issue I've encountered that bothers me. Teenage euros that play in the AHL have their contracts count towards the reserve list, and they shouldn't. Kind of annoying getting into contract management trouble from the get go as Toronto.

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB

kulenova seka

2017/18

Looking at my Avs is a bit disappointing in terms of scoring. Though somehow Borna Rendulic put up a 47 point season and scored 21 goals.

And goalies are finally done winning the Lester B. Pearson. Not even a goalie finalist. No other award surprises.

I am glad to hear that:laugh::)

In my euro save, I add second GM (Avs), released him and then signed him to my team. Cheating:sarcasm:

Regarding WC-s, I tried to break Vladimir Petrov's record of 34 points (18+16) in 10 games at one WC, but never managed to do that even with all kinds of cheating :(

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Pretty sure it was Tkachuk 3rd overall. I simmed too far past the draft unfortunately so I didn't get the chance to take a good look.

Click on any player NHL draft, you will get to that years draft active player list. You can click arrows to go from one draft to another and see every non-retired player from those. Sort by picked and voila :handclap:

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
Found a weird bug where anytime the game is minimized or a popup pops while you're playing the game basically shuts down completely. I lost an hour of gameplay last night because of this cheese, hopefully it's fixed in the next update.

In my game 40 year old Alex Ovechkin is 3 shy of 1000 career goals, and looking for his first Stanley Cup. I hope I can get him his cup.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
So Luke Green puts up 83 points and has an 8.5 game to game rating but apparently isn't a top 10 defenceman according to the game...wat

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Slovakia struck out in the 2016 draft.

2017 was good: Adam Ruzicka went in the 2nd round to Boston, was traded to Philadelphia and could make his NHL debut this year, Patrik Hrehorcak went in the 2nd round to Ottawa and is signed to come over after this season, Filip Krivosik went to the Predators in the 3rd round and is in the AHL, Marian Studenic went in the 4th to Detroit and is trying to make the Wings this year and Pavol Skalicky and Samuel Solensky were 7th round picks.

For 2018, Milos Roman was the highlight...he went 6th overall in the first round to the Flyers after a solid season with Chicoutimi in the QMJHL and should be in the NHL for his rookie season. Likewise, Martin Fehervary eventually went the QMJHL route - he was picked in the 2nd round by Chicago, was just signed and will try to make the team this year. Rounding out the draft were 3 game-generated (not real) 3rd rounders, a 4th rounder and a 7th rounder.

And 2019 was the best yet, with 11 game-generated Slovakians chosen.

As far as some other youngsters...Peter Cehlarik had three good seasons in Providence but could never crack Boston's lineup and has returned to play for Slovan in the KHL. Martin Reway surprised many by making the Habs for the 16-17 season; in 17-18 he had his best year with 18 goals and 44 points but for this season remains an unsigned RFA. Erik Cernak has been an AHL veteran but thus far unable to crack the Kings line-up.

Nice. And how about the "old guard"? Hossa, Chara, Halak, Tatar, Jurco, Panik, Sekera, Gaborik ...

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
I doubled the opposing teams shots 5 games in a row, and I lost 4/5 games. Had to turn the game off for a while and take deep breaths. It's frustrating to score only 1-2 goals out of like 35 shots and the opposing team almost always scores 2-3 even with less than 20 shots. I have Vasilevsky who is a top 10 goalie and a very good D core, my offense has been PPG for the last 5 years and I can't score all of a sudden.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I doubled the opposing teams shots 5 games in a row, and I lost 4/5 games. Had to turn the game off for a while and take deep breaths. It's frustrating to score only 1-2 goals out of like 35 shots and the opposing team almost always scores 2-3 even with less than 20 shots. I have Vasilevsky who is a top 10 goalie and a very good D core, my offense has been PPG for the last 5 years and I can't score all of a sudden.

Do you actually coach the games, or just sim them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad