EHM Part Three - No Longer Early Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
How good does Nylander and Dano get?

Both are going to lose their waiver eligibility next season (i think) and i need to start giving them nhl time(since i can't bounce them up/down between ahl/nhl in case of injuries), Dano looks like he could hold my 3rd line C spot next season, Nylander is kinda 50/50 will he be able to hold down a spot on my lineup next season, since his defensive skills are kinda bad atm.

It varies by game (McDavid could be a bust in one and score 200 points a year in another).

But for me, Dano's average and Nylander's been traded four times, has yet to become a regular NHLer.

I don't know what the Stars do in their practice but in one week half their line-up has went down for 4 months because they have suffered a UCL tear in practice :help:

:laugh:

Did you do a fantasy draft? That roster seems insanely different.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
It only took 9 years, but my goalies are finally stopping pucks in the regular season, so I'm having a pretty nice start to the season. 30-0-0.. 141 goals scored, 42 against :laugh:

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
has anyone every had a suspension overturned after appealing it? I appeal every time one of my players gets suspended, no luck yet. Curious to see if its even worth it

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
has anyone every had a suspension overturned after appealing it? I appeal every time one of my players gets suspended, no luck yet. Curious to see if its even worth it
I think i have maybe once got it overturned, so it can happen but its rare.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
Btw, am i the only who thinks the injuries happen too much in this game?
Last season, i had my full roster for only 10 games, and this season has been better but i have gotten 2-5 injuries every month, though they always has been few days to 4 weeks only.

And also, has is it just me or has the simulation speed/performance not changed from ehm 2007, since it feels exactly the same, even considering i played ehm 2007 on a waay worse computer.

Joufreau

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Last season, i had my full roster for only 10 games, and this season has been better but i have gotten 2-5 injuries every month, though they always has been few days to 4 weeks only.

And also, has is it just me or has the simulation speed/performance not changed from ehm 2007, since it feels exactly the same, even considering i played ehm 2007 on a waay worse computer.

I thought that for my first season. I don't know if it was just coincidence but I noticed when I changed my tactics to less aggressive/less hitting tactics, my players got injured less. Again, it may have been just a coincidence

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Do you play as the Penguins?

:laugh::laugh:

I don't really have issues with injuries. Had one major one (4 months) in the last five seasons. Bunch of small ones, someone's usually out for 3-10 days every month or so, but that's it.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Meh...above average I guess...

38-0-0 now :D Trying really hard to keep it going as long as possible. I've been close to losing twice in the shootout.

I get almost no injuries. I'm in season 9 with the Oilers, and Brossoit being out for 4 months twice are the only major injuries I've had. Cole Cassels is my 13th forward, and he hardly ever gets to play.

One of my AHL players got injured for 10 months though. Damaged Spine..

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Has anyone figured out how to view past drafts? Like if I wanted to find out who was selected 100th in the draft before the year I'm on I can't find a way to view it. The NHL Entry Draft page just has the current year for me.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Has anyone figured out how to view past drafts? Like if I wanted to find out who was selected 100th in the draft before the year I'm on I can't find a way to view it. The NHL Entry Draft page just has the current year for me.

Roster -> Transactions -> View -> NHL Entry Draft

From there, you can use the << and >> buttons to switch years.

edit: Oops, kind of assumed you just meant your own picks. If you're looking for the entire draft, you can press the World button up top and then select NHL Entry Draft. Use the << and >> buttons to switch years.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site

edit: Oops, kind of assumed you just meant your own picks. If you're looking for the entire draft, you can press the World button up top and then select NHL Entry Draft. Use the << and >> buttons to switch years.

That is awesome, didn't even know I was looking for it but is very useful.

Cheers

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com

You rock, I looked for those little arrows at the top near the NHL Entry Draft text and it is down near the filters. Somehow missed it right in front of me

Cabin Mirror

Jul 3, 2003
North America
Visit site
I was Montreal and offered Derek Roy $40mm over 5 years with a full NTC. He turned it down to take $6mm over 2 years from Winnipeg, of all teams. He was with the Oilers last season so no reason for him to have ill will against MTL. I have $25mm in cap space so that's not it. Strange.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Is there any what to mute the sound during a game?

Go to preferences and there's a 'Play Sounds' box.

I'm having a lot of trouble with the contracts. Along with the problems signing my draftees, I now have trouble resigning my players. I can add years but I can't add more money. There is no board restrictions or player role restrictions that would not allow me to put more money on the table. Also if I press minus from the original price I can't press the plus even after reducing. Hard to explain but it's really messed up right now.

I'm playing with the 7.4 database and the player in question is Johnny Gaudreau (happens with few other players as well, mainly young players). It seems if I go low enough it allows me to offer maximum of 1,5M on the first year and 1,9M on the following years,

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I think its pretty stupid that european teams have to buy players from their own junior teams. There's a ukranian prospect playing for Donbass' junior team, and the senior just made an offer of $150.000 to buy him. And this happens a lot. The junior teams are also very often not willing to sell them, meaning they don't get to go up a level when they're clearly ready. This guy is a top 10 prospect for the next draft. He shouldn't be forced to play in the ukranian junior league. Players on junior contracts should be able to sign anywhere they want at any time.

edit: The offer was rejected. as they see him as an important player for the future. His contract runs out in 3 months, and he'll be done with his junior career. This makes no sense.

Contracts are also a problem. As long as you stay within your budget, the board shouldn't care if you go above the cap. That should be your problem to solve. I'm usually pretty close to the cap, and I often have to set the player status of late round picks to core player to be able to offer them the 7-800k they want on their entry level deal.

One more thing :laugh: I also find it pretty strange that the AI controlled teams switches goalies when the starter give up 7 goals, every time, no matter what. I just beat the Blues 7-0, and Allen gave up 7 goals on 64 shots. The final goal was scored with 32 seconds left, and in comes Steve Mason... This would have happened even if it was 1 second left on the clock.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If anyone has any links to action pics, can you pass them along? Still trying to rebuild all my pictures....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad