EHM 07 - Part 11: "Wants a new challenge"

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Ya know, I've never really read up on it...does development really work in that fashion in the game?

Of course, I always try to mimic real life myself, so your ideas make sense. But are prospect less likely to pan out or reach lower ceilings if they are in the USHL (18-19), ECAC or weaker NCAA program (20-22) then the ECHL (23-24) for instance...as opposed to the OHL, 2x Memorial Cup participant, World Junior participant, AHL then NHL...?

Will that - on the whole - produce a better player because of that? Or will just better players be in that situation...?

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Pens going a little off the board :laugh:

34ffqkm.png

5'9 149lbs Swiss center with terrible skating attributes.. great scouting

Meh, I had the Sens draft a South Korean 1st overall. Worst attributes in the draft most likely. :D

axepig

Jul 14, 2014
ahHyIZj.png

Can anyone explain this? This guy has stopped playing hockey since 2016(its been 20yrs) but is still in the game and he is transfer listed for 2204

Edit: I also found Chris Pronger, who is 61 years old... Still waiting on a last contract, should I try and sign him for a year?

LG18

May 10, 2013
Montreal
Hey guys, I'm not really new to this game, but I haven't been an hardcore player, so I'd like to know one thing?

How do you guys know a created player is a regen? And how do you guys know it's a regen of this specific player? I'd love to get a cue on this.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Hey guys, I'm not really new to this game, but I haven't been an hardcore player, so I'd like to know one thing?

How do you guys know a created player is a regen? And how do you guys know it's a regen of this specific player? I'd love to get a cue on this.

Welcome! First off, it depends on what DB you're using. If you're using the stock DB, any player that shows the consistency rating is a regen. If it's an updated custom DB, it's hard to tell. However, look for a guy who's in the HHOF and then look to see when they retired. For a European player, it takes 2 years for them to be draft eligible and for NAers it will take 4. Things that will not change (or if they do alter, very slightly): country of origin, handedness, consistency, aggression, flair and usually height/weight will end up being around the same. Can't remember if there's a couple more attributes that generally stay the same.

It's not an exact science. I think Richie was the one who once said not to focus on who it's a regen of, just look to see if they're worth drafting. Made perfect sense to me. Regens often will never be close to as good as their original "form" and sometimes regens will be better. Regens of star players will generally have a better potential of being great.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
Does anyone have experience on how EHM works on Windows 8.1? Just got a new PC and wondering if the game works on 8.1

LG18

May 10, 2013
Montreal
Welcome! First off, it depends on what DB you're using. If you're using the stock DB, any player that shows the consistency rating is a regen. If it's an updated custom DB, it's hard to tell. However, look for a guy who's in the HHOF and then look to see when they retired. For a European player, it takes 2 years for them to be draft eligible and for NAers it will take 4. Things that will not change (or if they do alter, very slightly): country of origin, handedness, consistency, aggression, flair and usually height/weight will end up being around the same. Can't remember if there's a couple more attributes that generally stay the same.

It's not an exact science. I think Richie was the one who once said not to focus on who it's a regen of, just look to see if they're worth drafting. Made perfect sense to me. Regens often will never be close to as good as their original "form" and sometimes regens will be better. Regens of star players will generally have a better potential of being great.

Thanks for the insight!

Got this one D who went 4th overall in the draft with the Avs. 152 Pts in his QMAAA season and 103 in his QMJHL season.

Checked out if he was a regen. Turns out no offensive D was born in Pointe-Claire Qc.

Interesting tho, I'll be more focused!

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Would the jersey number carry as well?

No, not at all.

You're basically looking for: height, weight, position, country, handedness, flair, bravery, consistency. There might be slight variations here and there (a point or two), but this is the basic attributes that carry over. The rest of the attributes and variables are randomized.

JuicyJofa

Done with basing my usernames on players
Jan 27, 2010
Around the World
And don't forget that players are usually at their " normal " height and weight at age 21. Some grow or gain a lot of weight after their draft year. Pay attention to that as well

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Been playing the last few days. Started up with the 2014/2015 rosters. I picked the Isles (shout out Richie ;)). Traded Leddy and De Haan. I got Jack Johnson in on the blue line now. Everything else is mmostly stock besides picking up Pat Maroon from the Ducks.

I forgot to do it with this DB but I normally remember to: I always give each team at least 1 AHL affiliate even if they're not their real life affiliate because it's so annoying when you can't send any guys down and you just have to release a ton of guys.

Dec 6, 2011
Hey guys,

sorry if this is off-topic, but I've been looking for a definitive answer. Is there any way to acquire this game anymore (besides the trial?). I absolutely loved it when I had it years ago.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
FYI there's a new version of the 2014/15 TBL Roster Update available: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=13343

CHANGELIST:

• Updated teams and rosters for the following:
  • > NHL, AHL and ECHL
  • > OHL, QMJHL and WHL
  • > Austrian EBEL
  • > British EIHL, EPL and NIHL-1
  • > Finnish Liiga
  • > Russian KHL
  • > Slovakian Extraliga
  • > Swedish Elitserien (SHL) and Allsvenskan
  • > Swiss NLA
  • Rated NHL and WHL players, future top draftees and many other players
  • Updated non-playing staff for the OHL, QMJHL and WHL
  • Created many new players, teams and leagues
  • Created over 450 new players in the Swedish J20 SuperElit
  • Raised the NHL salary cap and budgets
  • Updated player career histories for:
  • > ECHL (approx. 91.5% of players updated)
  • > LNAH and SPHL (approx. 75% of real life contracted players updated)
  • > OHL, QMJHL and WHL (approx. 91.4% of players updated)
  • > British EIHL and EPL (100% of players updated)
  • > Approx. 83% of players contracted to playable North American leagues have updated histories.
  • Various other tweaks.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Hey guys,

sorry if this is off-topic, but I've been looking for a definitive answer. Is there any way to acquire this game anymore (besides the trial?). I absolutely loved it when I had it years ago.

The only legal way to acquire a copy is to scour ebay and see if you can scrounge up one of the very few physical copies made.

Farnham4top6

Despres #1D
Mar 6, 2011
north of you
FYI there's a new version of the 2014/15 TBL Roster Update available: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=13343

CHANGELIST:

• > NHL, AHL and ECHL
  • > OHL, QMJHL and WHL
  • > Austrian EBEL
  • > Finnish Liiga
  • > Russian KHL
  • > Slovakian Extraliga
  • > Swiss NLA
  • > Approx. 83% of players contracted to playable North American leagues have updated histories.
  • Various other tweaks.

Who rated the Björklöven players?
That person can't be watching any of their games...

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg

CHANGELIST:

• > NHL, AHL and ECHL
  • > OHL, QMJHL and WHL
  • > Austrian EBEL
  • > Finnish Liiga
  • > Russian KHL
  • > Slovakian Extraliga
  • > Swiss NLA
  • Various other tweaks.

Why create all these J20 SuperElit-players if you won't give them CA/PA or any attributes? If it takes too much time just create the biggest talents and do it properly.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Who rated the Björklöven players?
That person can't be watching any of their games...

Can you be any more specific about what you mean? E.g. any particular attributes of any particular players? I can then check to see whether anything was actually rated in that respect.

The big problem we have is that there are only a few of us doing the work and so for much of the rating work we only update the CAs, PAs and other key settings which means EHM will auto generate attributes when starting a new game (based of course on CA) - which is less than ideal. For some leagues many attributes have been updated (e.g. NHL and the Canadian major juniors) - but for others its just the basic ratings as I mention.

Farnham4top6

Despres #1D
Mar 6, 2011
north of you
Can you be any more specific about what you mean? E.g. any particular attributes of any particular players? I can then check to see whether anything was actually rated in that respect.

The big problem we have is that there are only a few of us doing the work and so for much of the rating work we only update the CAs, PAs and other key settings which means EHM will auto generate attributes when starting a new game (based of course on CA) - which is less than ideal. For some leagues many attributes have been updated (e.g. NHL and the Canadian major juniors) - but for others its just the basic ratings as I mention.

The #1 thing was that the two worst players Lavander and Edström had the highest Ca, thought Lindskoug, Palmebjörk, Öhman and Andersson was to low. Quist should probably have pace and acceleration in 18.

Ambisextrous

Apr 17, 2012
Halifax
Having trouble with my tactics for this guy in particular. No idea who he is a regen of, but doesn't have typical stats, has great technical, decent mental, and subpar physical for my linking, but he's locked up my 2nd line LW spot for a few years now, just cant get him to break an 8 rating even though he's constantly rated in the top 10 LWs, was 2nd last year to Ovi.
Natural LW, RW and RD competent, though bad checking and hitting for dman so only played him there when injuries put me in dire straits. Right now he's favored shooting, and join the rush/carry the puck. His linemates both have 8.5+ ratings but my god I cant get his up, I play an offensive style so should work with him. One of my biggest draft steals getting him in the 3rd round.

Any ideas about personal sliders for him?

Ssq7y3R.png

Last edited:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Having trouble with my tactics for this guy in particular. No idea who he is a regen of, but doesn't have typical stats, has great technical, decent mental, and subpar physical for my linking, but he's locked up my 2nd line LW spot for a few years now, just cant get him to break an 8 rating even though he's constantly rated in the top 10 LWs, was 2nd last year to Ovi.
Natural LW, RW and RD competent, though bad checking and hitting for dman so only played him there when injuries put me in dire straits. Right now he's favored shooting, and join the rush/carry the puck. His linemates both have 8.5+ ratings but my god I cant get his up, I play an offensive style so should work with him. One of my biggest draft steals getting him in the 3rd round.

Any ideas about personal sliders for him?

Ssq7y3R.png

I will call it and say this is all due to his size. I find if your player isn't above 200lbs, he will never put 8s unless he is Patrick Kane or someone of similar skill. And if those types of players are 200+ they will put up 8.5-9s. Look at Anze Kopitar in the newer DB. Always puts up 9s when I see him. Just noticed your GM name... :laugh:

Also, guys keep in mind that arcibalduk and his team aren't paid and aren't a large team and they're trying to scout the entire game with all leagues for us... so try not to be too critical or offer up your services to make things better. Thanks for all the hard work, by the way :D

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I was kind of worried when I had to trade Brandon Dubinsky for cap reasons and the fanbase lost their minds. Ended up getting David Quenneville, who looks like a potential Norris candidate at 24, and a first rounder that ended up being 3rd overall in return. Looks alright now. :laugh:

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
The #1 thing was that the two worst players Lavander and Edström had the highest Ca, thought Lindskoug, Palmebjörk, Öhman and Andersson was to low. Quist should probably have pace and acceleration in 18.

Thanks! I'll pass this on to the head researcher. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad