EHM 07 Be a Player - Draft Review

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Started a new Dynasty Game in my own EHM. Got sick of the Kings after one of my fake players broke Gretzky's records.

Traded 3 first round picks and a dozen other assets for Stamkos and was nearly fired. :laugh: The result? He's got over 30 points in the last 10 or so games and I've rocketed to first place. Suck it angry fans that aren't real. :biglaugh:

Excited with how Stig has been progressing. Really excited for the next few drafts.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
My player sucks fml

Also I started a new game, haven't done much trading just wanted to test it out, Sabres were ranked 3rd overall before the season and Myers was ranked as best Dman. Somehow the team sucks, nobody is scoring goals. I traded for Hossa who didn't score neither, so I turned around traded him for Ryan who is out injured for 4 months.Ennis has the most goals with 13 after 40 games.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
June 27th 2007 – Draft Review

The first shocker of the evening came when Nathan MacKinnon, the top ranked prospect throughout the season, fell to the Calgary Flames at 4th overall. Sean Monahan, the 3rd ranked prospect, fell to 9th.

Axelsen – Ranked 31st, Axelsen was drafted at the 21 spot to the Chicago Blackhawks. The Buffalo Sabres draft table was visibly disappointed at the selection. The Sabres were set to pick 25th.

Bettman – The Philadelphia Flyers are hoping that Gary Bettman in net can help them win. It seems unlikely, given the Flyers history. He was drafted 115th overall and was ranked 79th.

Cann – Ranked 14th and drafted 14th, Mexi Cann is now a member of the Washington Capitals franchise.

Donahue – Pheelicks is joining the Colorado Avalanche, after being selected 97th. He was ranked 82nd.

Duddy – Ranked 73rd, Duddy fell to the Carolina Hurricanes at 87.

Rose – Ranked 60th and shocking all those assembled by being drafted 18th, the massive native of Ghana went to the New Jersey Devils. The move reminded many pundits of Lou Lammarello drafting Derek Morris.

Von Hinten – Ranked 18th and drafted 19th, the slick German is joining the Pittsburgh Penguins organization.

Last edited:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Bettman didn't go to the Penguins after all he did for them?

But I suppose goaltender hell suits him just fine :laugh:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Ready for the axelsen-toews-kane line? Sabres would have been nice though, maybe I can demand a trade haha

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I just need to write it up with the rankings. Been very busy lately. Hopefully tonight I can work on it, and maybe even finish it.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Sorry guys, been very busy.

Preseason Draft Rankings: October 2nd, 2007

Axelsen – Having been drafted by the Blackhawks a few months ago, Axelsen attended training camp before being sent back to Tappara A-Jrs. He has a goal in the only game Tappara has played this season.

Azzaroni – The Brampton forward is ranked 129th for the upcoming NHL draft. Scouts love his hard work, his big slapshot, and his physical strength. He also has a goal in one game this season.

Bettman – Starting the season 1-0 for the Fighting Sioux, Bettman has a .920 save percentage and a 2.0 GAA. A good start for the 6’3†netminder.

Cann – Attending Capitals camp and was sent back to Quebec. The big center prospect has an assist in the only game the Remparts have played this season.

Donahue – Donahue’s future looks pretty bright, judging by his scouting report. A taste of the NHL in Colorado’s training camp should do wonders for the 6’6†scorer. He has an assist in one game for Halifax.

Dover – Unranked for the upcoming draft, this 6’2†center needs to have a strong campaign for the London Knights. His skills are generally average or better, but he can’t seem to put it all together on the ice.

Duddy – One game, one goal for the Red Deer Rebels. The Las Vegas-born Hurricanes prospect is looking to use his blazing speed and top notch wrister to secure an NHL contract sooner rather than later.

Pole – Somewhat surprisingly, the 6’3†left winger is currently ranked 19th for the upcoming draft. He is a fantastic two-way talent but not much of a scorer. Let’s see if his draft year changes his offensive fortunes.

Rose – The massive center from Ghana has an assist in one game for Kolner Haie after not making the Devils opening night roster. His anticipation and determination are second to none, and he is a skilled playmaker to boot.

Stig – The huge defender for the Windsor Spitfires is ranked 9th in the preseason Draft rankings, and has an assist in one game so far this season. He is shaping up to be the highest drafted Brit ever.

Von Hinten – A pure offensive player, Von Hinten impressed in Pittsburgh’s camp, but was sent back to Spokane for another season. His passing and impressive shot selection should get him an NHL contract in the near future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad