Player Discussion: Ehlers

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ehlers Scheifele and Laine, it's got a good ring to it although Ehlers Stastny and Laine is pretty good too. :nod:

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Ehlers is the man. High, high quality asset also IMO.

Would be nice to see a Laine + Ehlers PP. Both shooters from the opposite-side boards and Ehlers with that crazy acceleration to keep things spicy.

Wheeler has strengths in that spot also and other strengths Ehlers doesn't have but Ehlers is a zone-entry guy. He should be on PP1 with Laine, and Wheeler should use his skills to elevate and carry and lead the PP2. That should be tried at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlaskaJet and hn777

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Ehlers has far bigger reasons to complain about usage, lack of PP time, line mates and TOI then any other player on the team. Love the kid, comes to work, does as he’s asked and never complains.....just tries harder.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Ehlers has far bigger reasons to complain about usage, lack of PP time, line mates and TOI then any other player on the team. Love the kid, comes to work, does as he’s asked and never complains.....just tries harder.

Agree. And works incredibly hard in the off-season to iron out the rough spots in his game — including putting the “playoff bust” narrative to rest in the 2020 play-ins.

Hopefully he books another strong season and gets a little more love for what he brings.

Reactions: hn777

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Looking for a 30g 70-80p (82gp) pace for him this year. He definitely has the skill and abillity.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Stud. Just an absolute pleasure to watch. I need a smug looking Ehlers avatar in case Laine gets traded.

In case?

In the interim, I think this would make a good transitional avatar. And when Laine gets traded, you can always just X out the right side of the pic. :laugh:

upload_2021-1-6_14-15-44.png

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Looking for a 30g 70-80p (82gp) pace for him this year. He definitely has the skill and abillity.
i hope so. and a majority of that will be at even strength. he definitely has the skill and ability to attain those totals, just a matter of top line mins.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
i hope so. and a majority of that will be at even strength. he definitely has the skill and ability to attain those totals, just a matter of top line mins.

This will be interesting to watch -
He's going to bring a new element to the line in zone exit / entry ability - if he can combine that with smart puck distribution once he gains the zone, he should benefit from playing with a couple of guys that know how to work the O zone and find openings.

His challenge, if there is one, will be making quick decisions with the puck and playing a role down low with this line mates - he has the tools to make this line very dangerous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad