Ehlers vs hischier

More points

• Total voters

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Hall has a 22 point bump at ES. That's huge. Nobody is saying Hall is a scrub lol. They certainly both benefited but I doubt Hischier only scores 30 points without Hall.

its not like if you replaced Hischier with another random 50 point center , Hall would just randomly go back down to 50 points. Of course Hischier is an upgrade over Zajac and Henrique.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
its not like if you replaced Hischier with another random 50 point center , Hall would just randomly go back down to 50 points. Of course Hischier is an upgrade over Zajac and Henrique.

Hall went from 53 to 93 points, including a tremendous increase in his ES production, with Hischier on his line.

Hischier is probably a 40-50 point player with pretty much any team.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Except hall put up more points on the pp where hischier wasn't even on the pp. Let's not attribute halls 40 point bump Soley to his hischier because that's ridiculous.

Hall has scored at ppg pace before, let's not pretend he's a scrub. Primary points / 60 is a very poor indicator of performance when you only have this as a sample size. Yakupov primary points /60 was higher than MacKinnon and Matthews in their rookie years. It also says Dadonov was 4th in primary points / 60 last season with minimum 60 games played. Barkov had his best season last year.

They both benefitted from each other.

I doubt you have the time, but a fun exercise I always like to say is look at all of Hischier's goals and look at a video of all of Hall's points last year on youtube.

Their impact on each other was pretty even when you go back and watch that, I'd lean more toward Hischier impacting Hall more than the other way around. Their success was a lot more mutual than people anticipate. It wasn't like Hall was gifting Hischier wide open nets every night, a lot of their mutual points were off of terrific plays by both. I wish there was a video of all of Hischier's points because that would be an even better indicator of Hall's impact on Hischier and vice versa.

Obviously, there's more than just goals and assists there, but I think it helps to break the notion that Hischier's success was largely Hall's doing.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad