Ehlers vs hischier

More points

• Total voters

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Clearly Ehlers.
Should come close to 70 points which is a bit much to ask from Nico.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Ehlers pretty easily. Not sure if Nico will ever be as good as an offensive player as Ehlers, but I think he ends up the more valuable overall player.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Probably Ehlers slightly. He has 3 years of development on Hischier, although he only had 8 more points than Hischier last season so this could easily be Hischier as well.

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
Hischier is being underrated here. I could see him put up around PPG this year. The guy just gets better and better every year. I think Ehlers is a bit more limited and I don't really see him being a consistent PPG guy or anything. 60-65 points seems like it will be the norm for him, although in an outlier season he could obviously get 70+ points with his skillset.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Hischier is being underrated here. I could see him put up around PPG this year. The guy just gets better and better every year. I think Ehlers is a bit more limited and I don't really see him being a consistent PPG guy or anything. 60-65 points seems like it will be the norm for him, although in an outlier season he could obviously get 70+ points with his skillset.
Lol, carried by Hall.

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
Voted ehlers but thinking about it a little more I can see hischier getting more opportunity playing first line minutes with hall and who? Ehlers won't get quite as much ice time and it looks like his center will be a revolving door of little and rookie roslovic

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
First I voted Hischier, then immediately after I thought to myself Ehlers would most likely play with Laine this season and clicked "change your vote", but before I changed the vote to Ehlers it occured to me that they had already went back to the good old ELL and I re-voted Hischier. :D

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
But he had 40+ more points than hischier while missing 6 games?

I don't think your first statement is factual.

If you actually watch the Devils and not just look at box scores/stats, you'd know that Nico didn't play any powerplay at all. Hall was on PP1. Nico would sometimes be on PP2, but they didn't want to overload him with too many minutes in his first NHL season and second season on NA ice.

Hall also said Nico played a huge reason why he became the MVP last season.

Anyhow, Nico's looked noticeably faster and stronger so far after 1 preseason game. Very exciting times ahead for him.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
If you actually watch the Devils and not just look at box scores/stats, you'd know that Nico didn't play any powerplay at all. Hall was on PP1. Nico would sometimes be on PP2, but they didn't want to overload him with too many minutes in his first NHL season and second season on NA ice.

Hall also said Nico played a huge reason why he became the MVP last season.

Anyhow, Nico's looked noticeably faster and stronger so far after 1 preseason game. Very exciting times ahead for him.

You could take away all Of halls pp points and he still outscored Hischier lol. Im not even trykng to take anything away from hischier. Hall is getting underrated. He was absolutely dominant last season and the only reason why you guys came even close to the playoffs.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
You could take away all Of halls pp points and he still outscored Hischier lol. Im not even trykng to take anything away from hischier. Hall is getting underrated. He was absolutely dominant last season and the only reason why you guys came even close to the playoffs.

Hall is incredible, but what us Devils fans are saying is Nico is going to be a very good player for the team and played a good part in Hall winning the MVP. Taylor Hall stated this as well.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Hall is incredible, but what us Devils fans are saying is Nico is going to be a very good player for the team and played a good part in Hall winning the MVP. Taylor Hall stated this as well.

Yes they both benefitted from each other.

"Hall benefitted from hischier more than hischier benefitted from hall" is not a factual statement.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yes they both benefitted from each other.

"Hall benefitted from hischier more than hischier benefitted from hall" is not a factual statement.
5v5 Primary Points /60

Hischier 2.04
Hall 1.84

Let's put it this way - Hischier was probably projected to be a 40-50 point rookie based on his performance as a prospect. He ended up right around there, maybe a 5-10 point bump.

Hall had 53 points the year before without Hischier. Hischier joins his line and he gets a 40 point bump. Who benefited more?

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
5v5 Primary Points /60

Hischier 2.04
Hall 1.84

Let's put it this way - Hischier was probably projected to be a 40-50 point rookie based on his performance as a prospect. He ended up right around there, maybe a 5-10 point bump.

Hall had 53 points the year before without Hischier. Hischier joins his line and he gets a 40 point bump. Who benefited more?

Except hall put up more points on the pp where hischier wasn't even on the pp. Let's not attribute halls 40 point bump Soley to his hischier because that's ridiculous.

Hall has scored at ppg pace before, let's not pretend he's a scrub. Primary points / 60 is a very poor indicator of performance when you only have this as a sample size. Yakupov primary points /60 was higher than MacKinnon and Matthews in their rookie years. It also says Dadonov was 4th in primary points / 60 last season with minimum 60 games played. Barkov had his best season last year.

They both benefitted from each other.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Except hall put up more points on the pp where hischier wasn't even on the pp. Let's not attribute halls 40 point bump Soley to his hischier because that's ridiculous.

Hall has scored at ppg pace before, let's not pretend he's a scrub. Primary points / 60 is a very poor indicator of performance when you only have this as a sample size. Yakupov primary points /60 was higher than MacKinnon and Matthews in their rookie years. It also says Dadonov was 4th in primary points / 60 last season with minimum 60 games played. Barkov had his best season last year.

They both benefitted from each other.
Hall has a 22 point bump at ES. That's huge. Nobody is saying Hall is a scrub lol. They certainly both benefited but I doubt Hischier only scores 30 points without Hall.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1