Eemeli Rasanen

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
This guy looks very solid overall, and with his height, shot, skating, passing, physicality, and IQ, could he become our Colton Parayko?

Still a prospect, and no two players are the same, but this kid excites me! I spend a lot of time in Kingston, and this kid looks fantastic.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
This guy looks very solid overall, and with his height, shot, skating, passing, physicality, and IQ, could he become our Colton Parayko?

Still a prospect, and no two players are the same, but this kid excites me! I spend a lot of time in Kingston, and this kid looks fantastic.

according to a couple of the guys on the prospect thread, rasanen needs to work on his skating a bit but its fixable. Im very excited by rasanen he has the most offensive skill of our big dudes on D, and even the best NHL shutdown D scored decently in jnr

Reactions: DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
according to a couple of the guys on the prospect thread, rasanen needs to work on his skating a bit but its fixable. Im very excited by rasanen he has the most offensive skill of our big dudes on D, and even the best NHL shutdown D scored decently in jnr

I found his skating to be pretty decent for a guy his size, not perfect, but any hitches would be fixable, the foundation is solid. His IQ is really impressive, great slapper, snapper, and moves laterally well for his size, finds open seams very well, and has a quick release. His first pass looks great and he seems super calm under pressure, plus throws the body nicely.

I am also really pumped for this kid

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
I was fortunate enough to run into Doug Gilmour a few weeks back. He was pretty high on Rasanen, saying skating has been improving, does everything they ask of him, and does it well, says they are really leaning on him this year, figures he's a surefire NHLer, with Top 4 upside.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I found his skating to be pretty decent for a guy his size, not perfect, but any hitches would be fixable, the foundation is solid. His IQ is really impressive, great slapper, snapper, and moves laterally well for his size, finds open seams very well, and has a quick release. His first pass looks great and he seems super calm under pressure, plus throws the body nicely.

I am also really pumped for this kid
Yes yes and yes.
Re skating I think what he needs is just strength primarily. He should continue to work on his flexibility but for a big kid he's good in that area.
Barring any bad injuries he should make a good pro with a solid shot at the NHL

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Much closer to a Cody Franson than a Colton Parayko.

Colton Parayko was a project who wasn't anything special till a few years post draft when he grew into his body.

Rasanen having a natural mean streak to go along with his other skills is something Franson never had.

In the end Rasanen is a project.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Colton Parayko was a project who wasn't anything special till a few years post draft when he grew into his body.

Rasanen having a natural mean streak to go along with his other skills is something Franson never had.

Parayko was always a good skater. Rasanen is not. That's my point. I was just saying that if you want to compare him to someone, he's more Franson than anything else.

Rasanen could be very good.

Also, this isn't a slag or anything. Franson is/was very good at the same age. There's no problem with that kind of comparison.

Reactions: DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Parayko was always a good skater. Rasanen is not. That's my point. I was just saying that if you want to compare him to someone, he's more Franson than anything else.

Rasanen could be very good.

Also, this isn't a slag or anything. Franson is/was very good at the same age. There's no problem with that kind of comparison.

I also agree. It's not a terrible comparison at the young age, but I believe once he gets stronger on his skates, he will have much better potential.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Why is that you think? I don't see much so maybe you see more..
but a second round pick that was considered by many teams to go in the first round isn't really a project imo.

Pretty much guaranteed to make it as a better marincin - i think he will be top 4 albeit I'm quite high on him

I watch this kid a lot, I really do see future top 4 in his game. Obviously anything can happen, and what I see in him today could change going forward, but in saying all that, I have a really good feeling about this kid.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011

True. Franson was as soft as a pillow.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal

Seen the Fronts twice so far and will go a lot over the season weather permitting. He indeed has a mean streak and mobility is fine for the OHL at least.
A project for sure, but his size, physicality and skill make him really intriguing.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
A lot of people have been mentioning that a ton of his points come on the PP.

Has he started to chip in 5 on 5 as well? I notice he is close to a point-per-game.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
This fanbase is obsessed Colton Parayko and Tanev ... These names always come up lol

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Why is that you think? I don't see much so maybe you see more..
but a second round pick that was considered by many teams to go in the first round isn't really a project imo.

Pretty much guaranteed to make it as a better marincin - i think he will be top 4 albeit I'm quite high on him

I'd say very few prospects are guranteed to make it. Folks used to say the same thing about guys like Percy and Matt finn and each of them busted.

I'm high in the guy, but he's got some work to do. From the few games I've seen of him sometimes he needs to smarten up a bit with his decision making.

Will be a very interesting prospect to follow, happy he's Leafs property

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad