Edvinsson vs Johansson

Who will score more this year

• Total voters

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Johansson was a top scoring dman in the league last year and he isn’t getting PP time this year???
The Swedes can be really quirky.
The larger rosters cut into individuals’ ice-time. I see no reason for the larger roster other than to be different than the NHL.
The smaller rinks and more physical play in the AHL is more like the league they are preparing for.
The AHL is a developmental league where development of young players is prioritized over winning.

I hope Yzerman learned his lesson and will encourage prospects like Johansson and Soderblom to come to NA.

I don't think those points are wholly true.

The AHL style is traditional North American hockey. The way the game is played reminds me much more of DPE style hockey than the more hybrid style that the NHL plays today. Not many teams play the same tough, grinding style that was more common in the late 90's/early 2000's NHL and what you see a lot of AHL teams currently play. Plus it's still a league that uses enforcers which is also becoming increasingly rare on NHL rosters.

If anything I would argue that the systems play and better skating in some European leagues is a little closer to the current NHL. The NHL isn't nearly as tough as it used to be.

The Tank

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
Albert will get his PP time. I support Färjestad and has seen their games. Färjestad has played with 4 forwards in both their PP units but their PP hasnt been that good.
If you look at Alberts 5 on 5 ice time he is third on the team behind the two best D-men on the team. His play so far has been both ups and downs but I think he will get better as the season progress and will get more ice time.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC

Yeah actually as I think about it more, Johansson is probably the safer bet. Last year's stats suggest Johansson should be in the ballpark of .5ppg this year. I think Edvinsson probably falls short of that. The one sort of wildcard is powerplay time- with Norlinder coming to NA, I think there's a chance we see Edvinsson inherit that quarterback role. That said Johansson's experience probably gives him the inside track here.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah actually as I think about it more, Johansson is probably the safer bet. Last year's stats suggest Johansson should be in the ballpark of .5ppg this year. I think Edvinsson probably falls short of that. The one sort of wildcard is powerplay time- with Norlinder coming to NA, I think there's a chance we see Edvinsson inherit that quarterback role. That said Johansson's experience probably gives him the inside track here.

I'm going to give the optimistic estimate of 0.6ppg this year. With his shot and skating I think he's capable of 30+ points in an SHL season. Plus Johansson is gambling a lot more this year. I'm expecting to see more defensive gaffes that he'll learn from, but I'm also expecting to see a lot more exciting offensive plays.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Edvinsson will miss time for the WJC as well, something to consider

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille