Post-Game Talk: EDSF Game 4 - The Russian Machine Breaks Down - Bruins lead series 3-1

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The Jake "slash" in the neutral zone should not be a penalty in the playoffs.... or ever imo. That was extremely ticky tacky, and the Marchand call was horrendous.

Yes and they’ve been calling many marginal calls like that. Bruins have benefitted from calls like that too like the Hathaway penalty on Bergeron.

It’s how the entire series has been called during regulation besides in overtime.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I don't really watch baseball. I used to many years ago but it is so slow

The only two team sports I follow with a passion are hockey and baseball. Of the 4 major team sports I find hockey to be the most exciting.
Imho, if hockey had been invented in this country and not Canada, it would be the most popular team sport of the 4.

Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
No - it's game management and nothing more.

Ahh ok so when it’s bad calls that favor the bruins it’s “game management” by the refs. When it’s bad calls that go against the bruins it’s the refs trying to get the capitals back in the game according to you.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Ahh ok so when it’s bad calls that favor the bruins it’s “game management” by the refs. When it’s bad calls that go against the bruins it’s the refs trying to get the capitals back in the game according to you.

What exactly do you think "game management" is?

PastaSawce

Mar 6, 2021
Western MA
how bout Wilson for two crosschecks to Ritchie after the goal too, so many options for the league to do something if they didn`t have a love affair going with the Caps
Do people really want suspensions and fines for cross checks? I mean come on, half the league would be out of a job. I get that it’s extra greasy because it’s after a goal, but Marchand and especially Carlo crosscheck after the play very consistently. Kinda soft to want suspensions for every minorly over the line play.

PastaSawce

Mar 6, 2021
Western MA
For those wanting Kampfer to slot in, these tweets make me think he’s no longer on the roster. Cassidy saying it’s between Vaak and Tinordi semi-confirms it, but who knows. I don’t know how to embed tweets and this picture sucks, but oh well.

Attachments

• 8B7EFE54-7FA4-4884-8513-586745BB012B.jpeg
    8B7EFE54-7FA4-4884-8513-586745BB012B.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: inactive user

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

The Crapitals board is that way ----------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
For those wanting Kampfer to slot in, these tweets make me think he’s no longer on the roster. Cassidy saying it’s between Vaak and Tinordi semi-confirms it, but who knows. I don’t know how to embed tweets and this picture sucks, but oh well.
That really sucks. I don’t know why he decided to sign now when he could’ve waited until after the playoffs but I guess he’s gotta do what’s best for him. I wish him nothing but the best.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The Crapitals board is that way ----------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Im a bruins fan, just tired of the irrational homerism that every game the bruins are screwed over by the refs. It’s non stop in these threads every time. It’s like 75% of this board is a Jack edwards spawn.

We have people in here saying kevan Miller penalty was changed from a major penalty to a minor because the bruins were dominating and the refs wanted to get the capitals back in the game. The score was 0-0 at the time of the hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: fin8

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Spoiler alert Blues were a mediocre team when we met in the finals. We just totally blew it. Not beaten by a better team.
Beaten by a dirtier team, and by the league/refs' refusal to hold them accountable, or even acknowledge it. I'm convinced that the major media outlets (CBC/SN/NBC) get on a narrative and it influences the league's officiating of the series. The blues were a "feel good" story for some reason (I have my theories as to why) and so any concept of them being dirty couldn't be tolerated since it contradicted that narrative. Either that or vice versa - the league influences the media outlets. But I thinks it's the former. Regardless, we're Hall in this year!

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
DOMINANCE LOOKS LIKE THIS!

Pasta got his goal ... as I prophesised :laugh:

The cream rose to the top tonight - we're too good for them.

Maybe all fans think this but, man, it feels like we have to throw a ton of shots on net before one eventually flies in whilst every deflection and hopeful flick pings in against us :laugh:

Let's GOOOO Bs!
Been like this forever - takes us a dozen scoring chances to get one goal while other teams get puck luck galore (or so it seems anyway). And when their confidence wanes it takes even more. However, this team is different. Hall completely changed the dynamic of the team. Now we get tons more scoring chances a game and, not only that, but they also know now they have the weapons to win so that, unlike us, they don't panic if they're not going in. Instead they just bear down and work even harder until they do go in. And that, my fellow fanatics, is a recipe for success.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
Generally, I'm an optimist, so I don't want to sound like "that guy" but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm just a tad concerned about the fact that these guys can be so dominant for extended periods without getting results. They should've burried the Caps early but when a team is tied or only down by a goal, they have a glimmer. A fluke bounce (we've seen a few already) makes it a whole new game. Same with OT in game 3. The longer it went on, the more I was saying, "I've seen this movie before. The Caps are going to get a cheap one and win". Thankfully, the Bruins got the cheap one.

Having said all that, I feel like the team, as a whole is progressively looking better as the series goes on. Hopefully that'll translate into more goals. Especially for Pasta, who I think was gripping his stick a little too tightly. Maybe his goal broke that seal.
No (see above).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad