Post-Game Talk: Edmundson scars and scores! Habs avenge Armia 5-2!

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
First : why attack me ? Why say I'm confused ? Explain me your point of view I can understand it but please don't go personal.

Second :
Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they are not softies. It still does not explain why that particular goaltender does not make any difference on the final results of the game ?

Last year we were the team that lost the most lead in the league and not even close. My opinion is that that's exactly where a superstar goalie should make a difference. He should be the player that changes the results of those games and he NEVER could. I feel like he is only winning when the team in front of him is playing good. But he never wins when the team is just ok. If that's the case... what's the difference between him and any 4 millions goalie in the league ?

Maybe that is what irks me and that is why I'm difficult toward him. Not only that but it's been 4 years that every year we try to find reasons why he loses the game. It never seems to be because of him. There always seems to be good reasons to explain the team losses. No one is asking why he is not making any difference whatsoever in the results. If the team is good, they win, If the team is ok, it's a toss up (we should win most of those game because of our goalie and it is not the case), if the team is bad, we never win.

If we look at this year only.
Looked bad against Toronto or at least did not make any difference in that result positively has the Habs played really well.
Looked good in a blowout against Edmonton in a game where the team also played really well in front of him
Looked really bad in the 1st game against Vancouver in the first game. We could argue that the point we lost in that game was because of him
Won another blowout by his team where his team dominated the whole game. He did lose a 2 goal lead before his team proceeded to score goals in bunches and I think they did not even allow another shot on goal after the Canucks tied that game.

I just want him to make a difference in the results of the games. Currently and in the last 3 year. I feel like he never did. That is why I am hard on him

Wasnt gonna answer at all but ill say there is nothing I can tell you that will change your mind. Haters will always hate.
Blaming the goalie for 1 goal losses, I mean come on, the team last year and the 15 years before that was total crap.

5th youngest goalie to 350 wins in league history, his #1 C for more years than I care to remember was David Desharnais.

The players that actually play against him vote him as the toughest to play against every single year but the arm chair players know better. The actual NHL players don't know what they are talking about.

The 2 games he lost. Ya lets blame, him, not the 937 penalties we took. Could he have stopped some of the goals, sure, can the team ever defend a PP? Outside of the Edmonton games... the answer to that question has been NO... for years

Dont bother answering cuz im done on this.

Price fault they lost 1 goal games :laugh:
It wasn't the PP that couldn't get in the zone.
Or the PK that couldn't defend a Pee Wee teams PP

Last edited:

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Do you honestly believe UFA’s don’t sign here because fans were whining about not tanking for Laf? I think players don’t like the scrutiny, sure.

Some probably are nervous about not knowing French, not wanting higher taxes, but I think the biggest reason players don’t want to sign here is because we haven’t exactly shown a winning product. Win baby and they will come.

No one wants to be hounded everyday by the media on a losing team. I think if we can show we’re competitive players will come in droves, but we have sucked for nearly a decade.
Some players don't like to sign in a big markets because of the increased attention from the media. There is a higher media presence for teams with greater followings, and negative press in down times. So yes, it's not a stretch of the truth.

Reactions: angusyoung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad