Post-Game Talk: Edmonton wins 5-2/Farewell to Number 94

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Great career for a great Oiler.

It would have been sweet if he got the record, but Glen Anderson was a great Oiler too. It doesn't diminish what Smyth gave to this club.

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Why_cant_I_hold_all_these_feels.jpg

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
Canucks wanted the oilers to drop that spot in the draft just like flames tanked their last game a few years back to drop the oil two spots. Classless move by a classless org.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Canucks wanted the oilers to drop that spot in the draft just like flames tanked their last game a few years back to drop the oil two spots. Classless move by a classless org.

Yeah they really mailed it in by outshooting the oilers by 20.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Huh?

I actually thought it was very classy of them to come out and greet Smyth after the game. Props to the Canucks for that. Never thought I would say that.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
what a send off, thanks for everything Smyth.

big props to the Canucks as well.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City

Edmonton did it to themselves in the end.

Coming back against Minny to win
Winning two games against Anaheim at the end.
Gagner tying goal against Phoenix.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Smyth gets the farewell that us fans never were able to give Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Fuhr, Weight, etc... because they were wearing another jersey at the end of their careers. Nice send off for Smytty.

Guess I should update my avatar to Bennett.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012

I would be more disappointed if there wasn't a lot of C. But it yields a C minimum, a position of great need.

leafspyinottawa

Jun 10, 2010
Classy move by the Canucks at the end.

I loved the little pause he had just before leaving the ice at the bench for the last time.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Father Smythmas. The greatest #94 in history. Damn. ****ing. Straight.

What a tribute from the Canucks and the Oilers. Great jobs all around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad