GDT: Edmonton @ Washington: Battle of the McLastnames | 2/2/22 | 7:00p ET

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I dunno. I mean I can believe that. But I can also believe that he lets Forsythe have control of the PP. It could be that Lavi doesn't want to fire assistants midway through the season, I don't think many coaches would do that. And he had no reason to fire Forsythe this past off season coz the PP was good last year.

Come on now. Teams dont keep coaches in their final season of a contract very often. This is Laviolette's season to get it done. He gets an extension with a good job. So, his coaching/management move is to give some assistant coach control over his future? That makes no sense at all. If he doesn't want to fire him, then he is going to micromanage him and fire him after the season. There is no way that he lets the guy just drive the team into the ditch deeper because. If he is, then he deserves getting canned himself. Which brings us back to that its Laviolette's job.

Who do you think decides who plays? Who do you think sets the lines and the penalty kill groups and the power play groups? Do you think Laviolette put Snively with Kuzy or was that someone else? Do you think Lavy scratched McMichael or was that someone else? Who do you think decided to replace Ovechkin with Carlson??

Reactions: tycoonheart

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Come on now. Teams dont keep coaches in their final season of a contract very often. This is Laviolette's season to get it done. He gets an extension with a good job. So, his coaching/management move is to give some assistant coach control over his future? That makes no sense at all. If he doesn't want to fire him, then he is going to micromanage him and fire him after the season. There is no way that he lets the guy just drive the team into the ditch deeper because. If he is, then he deserves getting canned himself. Which brings us back to that its Laviolette's job.

This is a good point. Forgot we don't have Lavi signed after this season.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You're right, I read your post wrong.

He wants an extension after this season. I am confident on that. I know this. When I had primary management jobs there is no chance that i would let an assistant get me fired. I would never give an assistant completely control of a dept.

I just cant imagine that McCarthy is head coach for the defense and calls the shots. Lavy can make suggestions but the final call is McCarthy. That makes no sense to me

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I totally missed Draisitl sticking Protas in the nuts last night. What a piece of shit.
Terrific player but he’s a dirt ball who does shit like this when he’s frustrated and he does it knowing he’ll never have to answer the bell because he’s a star.

Stuff like this is why I always laugh when I hear Tom Wilson is dirty; Tom has crossed the line on checks but he’s never involved in stick work or slew foots or anything like that.

Reactions: Neil Racki

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Terrific player but he’s a dirt ball who does shit like this when he’s frustrated and he does it knowing he’ll never have to answer the bell because he’s a star.

Stuff like this is why I always laugh when I hear Tom Wilson is dirty; Tom has crossed the line on checks but he’s never involved in stick work or slew foots or anything like that.

Absolutely.

Reactions: Neil Racki

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The Leo play was absolute trash. He tried to play it off that he was going for the stick lift but who the hell tries a stick lift between someone’s legs? It looked like he got frustrated that Protas (probably a no name to Drai) bodied him off the puck and that was his reaction. His big ass grin afterwards was the grin of someone who knew he got away with one and he acted like a spoiled child talking shit to the Caps bench behind his body guards in Kane and Kassian.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The Leo play was absolute trash. He tried to play it off that he was going for the stick lift but who the hell tries a stick lift between someone’s legs? It looked like he got frustrated that Protas (probably a no name to Drai) bodied him off the puck and that was his reaction. His big ass grin afterwards was the grin of someone who knew he got away with one and he acted like a spoiled child talking shit to the Caps bench behind his body guards in Kane and Kassian.

Looked like the ref admonished him on the bench and made it clear he got away with something….

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Was that before or after Hathaway destroyed McDavid?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Looks like they play again March 9th. I’m sure it will be on their mind
W
I mean...I would be careful getting dirty on a kid as big as Protas is. Hathaway can put Drai out for the season with a legal hit and not deal with the fallout Wilson would. Then there is Wilson. Wilson protects and defends the team. He isnt going to take to treating a rookie that way

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
The funniest part is how Oilers fans on the main boards are suggesting the hit on McDavid was "an accidental collision", err, and that it also "fired up the Oilers team" and they "dominated the game" after that.

It was a regular season game that was tied until there were only 4 mins left. They are carrying on like they won a playoff game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad