Edmonton trip

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
We are foodie, craft beer types that also like fun art galleries/museums. Thanks for the suggestion's so far

The provincial museum/art gallery are actually really close to the rink so if you're looking at those sort of locations staying in the downtown area would be best. That way you'll be walking distance from all 3.

I don't live in Edmonton anymore, but I always really liked Tres Carnales Taqueria, which is Mexican food and very good. It would also be a short walk from the downtown area.

Someone else can help with craft beer/food suggestions since I'm not sure what's still around.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
The mall sucks.
Really good breakfast at OEB downtown or Little Brick (5-10 minutes drive from downtown in the river valley). Tzin wine & tapas awesome for dinner downtown, as is Woodwork, Bottega. Sabor is incredible and close to rink. Rostizado pretty cool spot for higher level mexican type tapas stuff and it's across from the rink and beside Mercer tavern mentioned by others. "Craft" is good for craft beer choices, their menu is meh. Situation brewing on whyte Ave has some good craft beer and their menu, while small, is good. I've never been but I'm sure the museum and Art gallery are cool as mentioned, but my vices involve food and more food.

Reactions: MessierII

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
The provincial museum/art gallery are actually really close to the rink so if you're looking at those sort of locations staying in the downtown area would be best. That way you'll be walking distance from all 3.

I don't live in Edmonton anymore, but I always really liked Tres Carnales Taqueria, which is Mexican food and very good. It would also be a short walk from the downtown area.

Someone else can help with craft beer/food suggestions since I'm not sure what's still around.

I believe the Sutton hotel is in between the museum and the rink

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
We are foodie, craft beer types that also like fun art galleries/museums. Thanks for the suggestion's so far

I visited Edmonton two years ago and I have to recommend the Art Gallery of Alberta if you are in to modern art. Fantastic museum and hardly anyone there (everyone seems to be @ the big malls).

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Probably. But I only had a piece of anecdotally probable but maybe not actual info for last year. Good to have further confirmation.
Speaking of which do you know what's the best way to get autographs from the away team? Just wait outside the hotel? Assuming practices at Roger's isn't opened to public.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
For craft beer - if you like good IPA’s - Town Square Brewing has a great one in the “MegaWatt” IPA. They have a cozy atmosphere, food is solid, but I wouldn’t go there for that. Sea Change Brewing has a pretty good IPA as well - The Wolf.

For eats, there’s a pretty wicked restaurant a few blocks away from the arena called “Sabor.” Portuguese restaurant, pricey, but great food. They used to have a “Wild Boar Belly Risotto” that was deadly, but I haven’t been there in a few years.

And if you’ve never had a donair before, great drunk food if you’re out for the night.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Stay downtown for sure then. Check out the Marc or Corso 32 if you can get in. Some great fine dining.

JohnnyMcBadNews

Nov 26, 2004
I would also recommend Bundok for food around the arena. Excellent food and not too pricey, lot's of shareable dishes. Only a few blocks from Rogers Place. Also a great wine list and decent craft beer list.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Flying up to Edmonton on Nov 29th for the game on the 30th.... Any car rental opinions or suggestions from the airport? Doesn't seem cost effective to Uber or taxi around the city for the few days I'll be around.

Would also take suggestions on nicer hotels near LRT.

Last edited:

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
You’ll be here in the spring so stay downtown. The mall is more of a day trip with not much to do for adults.

Plenty of shopping at West Ed for adults too! It never matters where we are, the wife and I go clothes shopping! Last year it was Vegas, on and off the strip, as well as Helena, Montana!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad