OT: Edmonton to host 2021 World Junior Championship

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Do they ticket left lane drivers now or is that still not a law on the books in Alberta?
There was some talk about three years ago, but it was just one article and more of an opinion.

I wish they would. Why people are driving 80 on the henday in the fast lane today is beyond me.

They also need to force people to take a drivers license in the winter. And also one that includes merging. Problem right now is they are just trying to clean up the commercial driving system.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
There was some talk about three years ago, but it was just one article and more of an opinion.

I wish they would. Why people are driving 80 on the henday in the fast lane today is beyond me.

They also need to force people to take a drivers license in the winter. And also one that includes merging. Problem right now is they are just trying to clean up the commercial driving system.

One of the most frustrating things to encounter. It's illegal here in CA and highway patrol pull people over all the time for dawdling in the passing lanes.

Couldn't agree with you more on merging (why that seems to be a foreign word to drivers and they come to a complete stop is beyond me) and special licensing for winter driving though. I don't miss those headaches... definitely needs to be addressed.

Reactions: TB12

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
will Northlands still be around or will it already have been imploded? for practice reasons

Probably gone and also I am positive to fire up the ice plant is pretty much shot. Don't need the ice anyway, there are tons of ice surfaces that can be used during the daytime in Edmonton. In fact I would give the Americans Tipton arena and the Russians Donnan lol.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Probably gone and also I am positive to fire up the ice plant is pretty much shot. Don't need the ice anyway, there are tons of ice surfaces that can be used during the daytime in Edmonton. In fact I would give the Americans Tipton arena and the Russians Donnan lol.
I honestly don't know why they aren't looking at selling some of the stuff out of that place before it becomes absolute.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Hopefully they work out video replay in Red Deer so that ridiculous rule from the Ivan Hlinka can be trashed.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
If you drive like 140km/hour maybe.
140Km is pretty average on HW2 unless you are a cruiser.
Even when cruising you set it to 119km\hr and be in RD in less than 90mins.
No way they pull you over if going 9Km over the limit.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
In fact, I gotta think USA Hockey is demanding they get their shit together in Red Deer after the way they got jobbed at the Hlinka.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
In fact, I gotta think USA Hockey is demanding they get their **** together in Red Deer after the way they got jobbed at the Hlinka.
I have to think they will be playing in the arena that has the capability to do video replay. I doubt they will need two different arenas. I believe the only reason they had none is because the one arena didn't have the capability so the whole tournament the rule was no video replay

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Should be a great time. Last time they were here in 2012 we didn't have a super exciting team, and the Americans were garbage, we beat them like 7-3 if I remember correctly.

Good that we will actually get to see some medal-round hockey. I'm sure all of the games outside the round robin will be at Rogers.

Edit: Nevermind, we only won 3-2. USA goaltending tandem was Jack Campbell and John Gibson that year.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Should be a great time. Last time they were here in 2012 we didn't have a super exciting team, and the Americans were garbage, we beat them like 7-3 if I remember correctly.

Good that we will actually get to see some medal-round hockey. I'm sure all of the games outside the round robin will be at Rogers.

Edit: Nevermind, we only won 3-2. USA goaltending tandem was Jack Campbell and John Gibson that year.
Funny to look back. Mrzak, Gormley, Klef, Kuznetsov, Friberg and Granlund were the all stars.

David Musil was drafted the year before by us and was someone people went to see. Future Oiler 1st overall Nail Yakupov tied for the most assists in the tourney at 9. Ryan Strome was a top player for Canada.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
117 a guy from work got caught last year. Was even better that when he got to Calgary the 2 day meeting turned into a 3hour meeting that probably could've been done by conference call.

I couldn't believe 117. My cruise is always that 118 or 119 in a 110.

A ticket for going 117 in a 110 zone? No way. I don't believe that. At 117 he would be getting passed by quite a few drivers so it's hard to see him getting a ticket.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
A ticket for going 117 in a 110 zone? No way. I don't believe that. At 117 he would be getting passed by quite a few drivers so it's hard to see him getting a ticket.

You likely won't see a ticket on QE2 unless you crack 125. I have had a cop even knock me down from 133km/ to 125 on a ticket "to save me a few bucks and a demerit". Good guy. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad