GDT: Edmonton Softs vs Calgary Hards

SourOil

Oct 3, 2008
Is it just me and my hatred....or has Woodcroft coached this team to have the same problems the Oilers did last year?
As much as I dislike Woody, i think this is more about young guys making mistakes in games played at a quicker pace than they're used to

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Is it just me and my hatred....or has Woodcroft coached this team to have the same problems the Oilers did last year?

I think its a complete waste of time drawing conclusions from these games.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Coaching them to take too many penalties?
They're lucky the Flames PP looks like dog crap or the score would be worse.
Discipline goes a long way in hockey.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The Oilers are being out shot 14- 2 in the 3rd so far. Its like a reverse of the Nait/MacEwan game from last night...lol

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The Oilers are being out shot 14- 2 in the 3rd so far. Its like a reverse of the Nait/MacEwan game from last night...lol
I thought Calgarys prospect pool was shallow...maybe I had too much faith in our prospects

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I thought Calgarys prospect pool was shallow...maybe I had too much faith in our prospects

The Flames have some good prospect IMO. So do the Oilers.

In all hoensty though these games register as about a 1 out of 10 on my give a s*** meter.
I am just so starved for hockey and curious to see these players.

I dont know if there is a lot of meaning in the fact that the Oilers have been outscored 13-6 in 2 games against the Flames. I suspect not..

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Keep in mind Goaltenders take a lot longer to develop...some peak early, some later.

SourOil

Oct 3, 2008
Don't like losing. But these games mean nothing. Looking forward to main camp and watching McDavid go supernova on the league this year.

Jones - good
Bear - good
Bouchard - excited to see more
Yamo - saving it for the big boy camp
Maksimov - tentative and forcing plays
McLeod - fast. Unwilling to engage physically
Benson - my main man is going to turn some heads.

... the rest

Reactions: McLarsonator

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Yamamoto had better have a couple extra gears than what he's shown in these games vs. the Flames rookies, otherwise he'll be lucky to see even some preseason games, never mind making the Oilers roster for opening night. He's been very underwhelming for someone who's supposed to be some sort of offensive dynamo. Right now all he's showing me is a tiny kid with good anticipation who doesn't seem to know how to stay out of scrums where he gets consistently erased from the play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad