Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton Oilers Play-In Series Extravaganza

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I agree, but given how split the fanbase is on him I wonder if the positive thinkers are just seeing what they want to see. Time will tell.

Could be - just like it also could be that the negative thinkers are just seeing what they want to see. Confirmation bias applies across the whole spectrum.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Could be - just like it also could be that the negative thinkers are just seeing what they want to see. Confirmation bias applies across the whole spectrum.
Absolutely. The truth probably is somewhere in the middle. It's fairly obvious the kid is super talented though, it's a matter of whether or not he can put it all together and if JC is the right guy to bring it out of him.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I’m astounded by the general opinion that the Oil take this series. 2 of 18 sportsnet staff picked the Hawks:

Sportsnet NHL Insiders 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Predictions - Sportsnet.ca

This can only be a reflection of how bad people feel the Hawks are, because that Oilers team is far far FAR from an airtight roster. People can point to their dynamic duo all day, but how many times before back-to-back Cups were Sid and Geno bounced in the first/second round?

This series is a coin toss.

Imagine looking at a roster with Toews-Strome-Dach down the middle and the best playoff performer of the past decade and thinking thats an 18-2 type rout...imagine

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Imagine looking at a roster with Toews-Strome-Dach down the middle and the best playoff performer of the past decade and thinking thats an 18-2 type rout...imagine
This series is going to be close.

I think Dylan Strome drives all of us nuts(except Musto haha) at least 2-3 times per game but dude is on the scoresheet often. We all think he should be worse than he is but somehow the kid puts up .8 ppg when not injured. Because of his poor acceleration and agility, leg injuries will kill Strome's impact.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This series is going to be close.

I think Dylan Strome drives all of us nuts(except Musto haha) at least 2-3 times per game but dude is on the scoresheet often. We all think he should be worse than he is but somehow the kid puts up .8 ppg when not injured. Because of his poor acceleration and agility, leg injuries will kill Strome's impact.

His brain and skill will keep him in the NHL and allow him to produce...In some ways maybe he is best suited to play with Kane long term because they're both super smart players and Kane likes to slow the game down

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00