Confirmed with Link: Edmonton Oilers make the 2024 NHL Playoffs

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
For all the grief this team still gets on this board, especially after every loss, they still are the best team record/standings wise in the league since that low point against San Jose.

Most wins since then. Best point percentage by a huge margin. (We have .726...The next team has .688)

3rd highest goals per game. 5th best goals against. Like every measureable stat has been good.

Last edited:

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1669002918748044.png

Puck possession wins

Jan 17, 2014
Outsider Here:

Have known Kris since his days coaching in Erie (I worked with he and his staff during their OHL title run); beyond grateful he got his shot with y'all and led you to the playoffs.

Much as the desert hockey fan in me does not want to root for a Canadian team (I root/worked for the Yotes) I'll cheer for y'all because you have Kris behind the bench.

Really hoping he is nominated for and wins Jack Adams. Hell of a run turning the Oilers around from the disastrous start, to the win streak and now the playoff birth.

Much love to you guys as you enjoy him coaching your team and leading y'all through the playoff run.

Kris is one hell of a professional and one hell of a human being.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
For all the grief this team still gets on this board, especially after every loss, they still are the best team record/standings wise in the league since that low point against San Jose.

Most wins since then. Best point percentage by a huge margin. (We have .726...The next team has .688)

3rd highest goals per game. 5th best goals against. Like every measureable stat has been good.
Where do you see these stats?

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Where do you see these stats?
StatMuse is good at giving info based on dates.

This is the team since Knoblach took over.

As a guy who tries to fight the good fight against the hordes of trolls on the main board, these kind of stats tend to come in handy. 😂

Last edited:

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
definitely aren't the favorites to come out of the West on paper, but with McDrai, anything can happen

FULL STEAM AHEAD! #OILERSFORTHECUP2024

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

It's a tale of 2 teams. The team that doesn't show up, like against Dallas, Ottawa and Toronto recently, and the team that looks like it could win it all. I think some are afraid that the 1st team might show up in the playoffs and derail the progress of the 2nd. It's a fair concern.

Reactions: K1984 and guymez

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
An amazing accomplishment, against all odds. Has a team ever made the playoffs after starting the year with 2 wins in their first 12 games?

Enjoy the ride and savour it. They might win the cup, they might not, either way this is an awesome time to be an Oilers fan.

Reactions: oilers'72

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
An amazing accomplishment, against all odds. Has a team ever made the playoffs after starting the year with 2 wins in their first 12 games?

Enjoy the ride and savour it. They might win the cup, they might not, either way this is an awesome time to be an Oilers fan.
If I remember correctly there was only a 10% chance the Oilers made the playoffs arpund that time. So yes it happens but 10% is a very low number. Mathematically even after the Oilers had turned it around for months it was still very unlikely they would make it.

Realistically it would have only taken 1 more extended losing period, which is pretty common, for the Oilers to have missed.

I would also speculate that in those other 10% situations the teams did not go on to challenge for a division lead.

Very impressive feat. Incredible actually. I am surprised this isnt getting even more buzz than it already has.

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
Majority of people thought we would easily miss after the start we had. People were talking about draft position. Myself included. I thought we would maybe fight for the last wildcard spot, and that's if everything went right.

Unbelievable turnaround.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad