GDT: Edmonton Oilers @ Detroit Red Wings - 7 EST

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Edmonton played last night to an embarrassing defeat from the Blues. Probably coming out really strong, but if that was for sure the case they probably wouldn't be so consistently bad this season.

LGRW

Hurt picking up his kid, wow

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It doesn't matter if those teams played last night, they have more young and fresh legs

Last edited:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Edmonton is going to play a lot better than last night. Red Wings can't come out flat today. It's going to be a tough game.

Reactions: Reddwit

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Mantha needs to start playing like he has pride and cares about his career. AA needs to play more than 1 shift and mailing in the rest of the game. Larkin and Helm are the only players that seem to care. Zetterberg needs to dig in deep and find some leftover gas in the tank.

Howard just needs to keep being Jimmy Howard. Wings need to win and go on another streak.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
This may be the only game I predict the Wings win. McDavid has a virus and possibly the team as well? Sure the Blues are superior but last night the Oilers looked slow (because they are) and discombobulated. A lot of people are doubtful they can turn things around soon enough.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Mantha seems to have huge nights separated by a few forgettable games. I'm predicting a 3 point night for him 2G 1A.

Larkin OTOH seems to pick up 1 point a night, very consistent but not many big production nights. I predict he'll get an assist.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Big E must me in a fragile state to be getting hurt picking up his kid.
If he is why the hell is he playing 19:00 min a game? How do you tweak something just picking up your kid? If he's that out of shape he needs to sit.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
If he is why the hell is he playing 19:00 min a game? How do you tweak something just picking up your kid? If he's that out of shape he needs to sit.
Idk I mean he could be going to pick up his kid, you don't really think about form when you're lifting such little weight. A weird twist can tweak a muscle. I mean shit I've strained my neck sneezing.

I wanna say something like this happened last year, or maybe it was someone getting pizza and slipped or something like that.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Ericsson's in. Why would you even report that he tweaked something picking up his kid? Kinda embarrassing

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Idk I mean he could be going to pick up his kid, you don't really think about form when you're lifting such little weight. A weird twist can tweak a muscle. I mean **** I've strained my neck sneezing.

I wanna say something like this happened last year, or maybe it was someone getting pizza and slipped or something like that.
How fat is his kid? Lol

Reactions: TheMule93

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Interesting that draisaitl is now considered quick. Wasn't that his biggest weakness when he was drafted? He was compared to Thornton a lot, kinda slow, but big & strong and a pass first guy.

Guess he worked on his skating a lot

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
We haven’t had a tough schedule up to this point but it’s amazing how much bad hockey is being played in this league this season. I know we have a tough stretch coming up and that should be informative but it almost seems like the league is worse overall this year. Am I alone in feeling this way? Am I seeing things? Could it be the officiating change? Seems anomalous in all my years of watching the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad