Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton Oilers (18-10-4) vs Carolina (18-11-1) 7pm MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Loser point at a minimum tonight. Need to start getting points even in losses like we were doing earlier in the year. That said, we usually show up against better teams (Carolina) and after a hard loss (Buffalo). I'm expecting a win tonight, I don't care how they get it. Who is starting in net? 2x2 means Smith should be starting. He's usually better in his second game, especially since he has been losing the first game more often than not of late. Full team needs to show up for this one.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I know canes and zona are "good" but old timey wise they f***ing suck.

Like Vegas before stone and patches.

They should all be in the cellar getting cleveland steamers. But need to grow the league i guess. CuZ money.

Moar infiniti pools and henessy plz.

Reactions: harpoon

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
This feels like a blowout win for the Oilers, the big guns took the night off last game so they should be ready. Plus it's against a team with a good record, not a non playoff team. Good thing they don't play the bad teams in the playoffs!
I like the positivity, but if it's a blowout, it'll be on Carolina's end. They won the last 2 visits to Edmonton, and scored 12 goals in those 2 visits.
Carolina has always been a tough match up for Edmonton

But the stat I like, and that's been reliable all season, is the versus division record. Edmonton is 8-0 vs the Metro division. No other team is undefeated against that division or dominates any other division like we do the metro. Edmonton is 1-4 vs Atlantic and 1-6 vs Central, which would explain the losses to Ottawa, Buffalo, and Colorado.

4-3 Oil OT

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers are 1-1-2 with me in attendance this year.

The win was on the road in Vegas. I also went to last year's blowout win for Carolina against us. Safe to say they're taking an L tonight. Sorry boys

Reactions: Bunch of Jurcos

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I know canes and zona are "good" but old timey wise they ****ing suck.

Like Vegas before stone and patches.

They should all be in the cellar getting cleveland steamers. But need to grow the league i guess. CuZ money.

Moar infiniti pools and henessy plz.
Remember that time they beat us in the SCF?

Reactions: NeverForget06

Shot Blocker

Nov 11, 2006
Oil Country
I think Nuge & Kassian being out threw off the flow & chemistry a bit. The Oilers just need to get back to basics, focus, work hard & get a win. Then the confidence will return.

If they can get the big guns firing & keep getting contributions from the secondary, they should be able to hang with anyone.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Carolina is a phenomenal 5 on 5 team. We... not so much. We win this if we get at least 5 pps plus, if Carolina keeps us to 2 pp's or less they win this easy. We are not in the same league 5 on 5. Caroline is too deep and too fast all throughout the lineup.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Not expecting a win tonight. I would love to see the game go into OT with a well fought battle between both teams.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Must win? Lol. Hot take. Not even close to a must win game.

Wanna win game!
They have to stop this bleeding and put together some wins. Despite being in first place the cutoff line isn't that far behind them.

The Oilers have been a very average team at home the last little while, and I honestly think that's being polite.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Must win? Lol. Hot take. Not even close to a must win game.

Wanna win game!

we’ve recently blundered away points vs LA, Ottawa, and Buffalo.

we never win in Minnesota and we’re there Thursday.

after that it’s a road game in Edmonton against the Leafs, then the Stars, Blues, and Pens/Habs in a back to back.

we’ve been entirely average since starting 7-1.

Our lead on the division has been whittled down to nothing, our lead on a playoff spot is only 5 points. Things could go south here in a big hurry if we can’t string some wins together.

yes, I’d say this is a must win.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
All I've really heard is
Nygard - McDavid - Kassian
RNH - Drai - ???
Nygard-McDavid-Kassian
Khaira-RNH-Draisaitl
Neal-Haas-P.Russell
Granlund-Sheahan-Archibald

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Larsson
K.Russell-Jones

Koskinen
The Oilers had an optional skate this morning, but those were the lines yesterday and I expect those to be the lines tonight.

From Gregor's latest blog

Reactions: Porkleaker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad