Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton Oilers (18-10-4) vs Carolina (18-11-1) 7pm MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Very OT, but Ross Atkins is pretty much what would happen if you combined Peter Chiarelli and Steve Tambellini into one GM.

Above average drafting + hesitation to make major moves + disgustingly bad major moves when he does make them

Reactions: BoldNewLettuce

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Very OT, but Ross Atkins is pretty much what would happen if you combined Peter Chiarelli and Steve Tambellini into one GM.

Above average drafting + hesitation to make major moves + disgustingly bad major moves when he does make them
I dunno, they got a good return for Stroman and the Osuna deal was a steal especially considering the circumstances. The big miss was JD but injuries played a big part in that.

Reactions: fresh meat

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Canes are a fast, very hard working team with great transition and they keep coming at you. EDM is going to have to have their skating legs tonight and they can't sit back.

Reactions: McClelland

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I dunno, they got a good return for Stroman and the Osuna deal was a steal especially considering the circumstances. The big miss was JD but injuries played a big part in that.

I'm not sure the Stroman return is that good tbh. One guy who is basically the equivalent of a 24-25 year old NHL prospect on his 3rd/4th year in the AHL and putting up only above average numbers, and another guy who is very boom/bust. Osuna deal is pretty decent, but even Tambarelli had their moments.

The JD situation and the Happ deal both clunkers. I'm not holding my breath when he trades Giles either.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
Canes are a fast, very hard working team with great transition and they keep coming at you. EDM is going to have to have their skating legs tonight and they can't sit back.
One of the best ways to stop them is clogging the netrual zone and play physical. Not saying the oil can do that for 60 mins but they better be ready to work hard tonight

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I'm not sure the Stroman return is that good tbh. One guy who is basically the equivalent of a 24-25 year old NHL prospect on his 3rd/4th year in the AHL and putting up only above average numbers, and another guy who is very boom/bust. Osuna deal is pretty decent, but even Tambarelli had their moments.

The JD situation and the Happ deal both clunkers. I'm not holding my breath when he trades Giles either.
I feel like Stroman was kind of overrated, people had dreams of a massive return that wasn’t ever coming. I’m really high on Woods-Richardson though, so that’s probably why I think it’s a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad