Speculation: Edmonton no longer interested in Parayko

Status
Not open for further replies.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I dont see how drafting bouchard would eliminate thenoilers deaperate need for an established defender. Bouchard might might end up as a quality PP QB but its unlikely he ends up better all around defender then parayko
(Shhh...it makes the OP feel better about himself, so let him enjoy it. He's just transitioned into another stage of grieving.)

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Folks the Blues just drafted "the Deutchland Dangler" so I think that eliminates any want for the Blues to have Draisaitl. Do we see a price drop in Draisaitl because the Oilers are a joke of a team?

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Why would the price drop? Teams have come to St. Louis, not the other way around.

On the bright side for the Oilers fans enamored with him, last night changed nothing in terms of your ability to get him. You’ve still got the piece that gets it done. The 10th pick was never going to get it done nor was packaging it with a Klefbom or an RNH.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yup, they are a contender now after the draft...as usual

Jan 21, 2018
Just swap Parayko for Nylander already.

Nylander could easily play C with the Blues talent on wing. I could see him getting 70-80pts in his prime on that team.

Reactions: BM14

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Just swap Parayko for Nylander already.

Nylander could easily play C with the Blues talent on wing. I could see him getting 70-80pts in his prime on that team.

Better offer than Edmonton fans. Still not moving him, but a better offer.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
They were never shopping him. They were "listening," just like every team does with virtually every player.

It just so happens that a lot of teams need guys like him right now, so there's a lot of interest, and thus a lot of speculation/rumors from people trying to connect the dots.
My thoughts exactly. Was the guy ever actually on the market or were there just a lot of calls about him? I could think of at least 12 teams that should be keeping up to date with the price for a guy like him. If I'm St. Louis, I don't know why I'd part ways with him unless I obviously won the trade.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
With their recent addition of Evan Bouchard it looks like the Oilers will no longer be a player in the Parayko sweepstakes. Do we see his price drop now due to a Blues team trying to win during their "window"?
Parayko was only really ever be dealt for a legit #1C around his age range otherwise STL keeps him. Same logic as Jones from Nashville. They needed a top notch C if they dealt him.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The Parayko sweepstakes were a figment of fans imagination.

And if St. Louis offered Parayko for Bouchard today, the Oilers would be dumb not to take it.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
When is Bouchard going to be a top 4 D on a contending team? Hope the Oilers aren't that patient, it's been a decade of poopy.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I don't know what Blues fans are so hostile to Oiler fans over Parayko. Rishaug and Jason Gregor both reported there was a lot of buzz on the draft floor about the Blues possible dealing Parayko. We didn't make this up. Armstrong and co. were the ones who were talking trade. Be mad at them!

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Buyers remorse with that contract? 5.5m/yr, has only produced 35~pts when at that price he should be closer to 45+ and playing some fantastic defense, maybe?

At 25 years old I think we've already seen Parayko ceiling. He's basically Tyler Myers

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
They were never shopping him. They were "listening," just like every team does with virtually every player.

It just so happens that a lot of teams need guys like him right now, so there's a lot of interest, and thus a lot of speculation/rumors from people trying to connect the dots.
This.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
as if they aren't interested in Parayko. They would be morons not to be,

STL isn't moving him so the thread is pointless

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I don't know what Blues fans are so hostile to Oiler fans over Parayko. Rishaug and Jason Gregor both reported there was a lot of buzz on the draft floor about the Blues possible dealing Parayko. We didn't make this up. Armstrong and co. were the ones who were talking trade. Be mad at them!
Considering there was nothing from the Blues beat reporters on Parayko even being available, I don't believe that at all. Listening to offers is not the same as possibly dealing.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I dont see how drafting bouchard would eliminate the oilers desperate need for an established defender. Bouchard might might end up as a quality PP QB but its unlikely he ends up a better all around defender then parayko

I guess Oilers decided not to be desperate

Reactions: skallin

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Why would the price drop? Teams have come to St. Louis, not the other way around.

On the bright side for the Oilers fans enamored with him, last night changed nothing in terms of your ability to get him. You’ve still got the piece that gets it done. The 10th pick was never going to get it done nor was packaging it with a Klefbom or an RNH.

And that's where the discussion ends

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

Because the history of these threads have been as follows:

"Oilers asking about Parayko"

Blues fans: Draisaitl is the only player we're interested in

Oilers fans: He's not worth Draisaitl, We'll give you a package around lesser players

Blues fans: No thanks, we only want Draisaitl

Oiler fans: If you're trying to trade Parayko you won't get Draisaitl

Blues fans: We're not trying to trade Parayko

Oiler Fans: RNH, Klef, 10th is more than fair, you're going to get less for him if you don't take it

Blues fans: We don't want to trade him.

Ad Nauseam. The hostility has come from multiple years of feeling like people aren't listening to us when the circumstances around a deal haven't changed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad