Speculation: Edmonton no longer interested in Parayko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
I don't think they were seriously going to move Colten anyway. Not unless someone drastically overpaid for him.

Reactions: TampaWantsTheCup

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
The price won’t drop, the offers will just change. Rather than a 2018 first they will be 2019.

If the Blues are dead set on trading him, he will be dealt. But unless their price is ridiculously high, they should not drop it.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
With their recent addition of Evan Bouchard it looks like the Oilers will no longer be a player in the Parayko sweepstakes. Do we see his price drop now due to a Blues team trying to win during their "window"?
I would guess there are still plenty of teams kicking the tires,looking for top 4D.
Do not see his value taking a hit because 1 team drops out of the bidding

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
With their recent addition of Evan Bouchard it looks like the Oilers will no longer be a player in the Parayko sweepstakes. Do we see his price drop now due to a Blues team trying to win during their "window"?
They were never shopping him. They were "listening," just like every team does with virtually every player.

It just so happens that a lot of teams need guys like him right now, so there's a lot of interest, and thus a lot of speculation/rumors from people trying to connect the dots.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
So because your little dream of getting CP for Klef and the 10th didn’t happen, you now need to start this thread. Blues fans shoot you down over the value and now you think it is lower because you took a prospect in the draft? You couldn’t even explain why the Blues would be a better team with Klef and the 10th. I know CP to Edmonton fills a huge need for the Oilers, but you were never able to explain the need being filled by the Blues.

Please show me some proof that CP was even on the block. Other the some writer/blogger in Edmonton speculating to get click bait, I have seen nothing that said the Blues were shopping him.

How many trades happened yesterday? All the insiders were trying to generate revenue from clicks. Most is just speculation based on UFA status going into this year. Armstrong himself in an interview earlier this week stated it was a quite market place and not much seemed to be going on.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Why do the Blues want to move him in the first place?

Buyers remorse with that contract? 5.5m/yr, has only produced 35~pts when at that price he should be closer to 45+ and playing some fantastic defense, maybe?

Because if the Blues are moving him, outside of some random Oilers wanting him rumors that I have only heard attached to Parayko's name, I would be curious if the Pens were ever interested since JR wants a RHD.

But it seems like this was just some trumped up Oilers rumor that seemed to gain traction (not any legit one) and then didn't after the draft and literally no one cared?

Parayko is a solid defender, probably was never ever on the block and some Oilers fan boy started the rumor and it was some how reported in outlets, more of a sad thing about the media than it ever even based on actual facts or rumors.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Chiarelli making himself look good here. ”We dont need Parayko anymore.”

You werent gonna get him anyway.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
According to Rishaug and Friedman his name was being heavily floated in trade talks, not fair to a player to do that if you're not serious in moving him imo.

Rumors don't mean the team is actually shopping a player . It was rumoured that Edmonton was shopping Talbot only to find out it isn't true

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Bouchard doesn't eliminate the Oilers need for Parayko. The Oil get Parayko and they can bring Bouchard along slowly, as it isn't fair to expect Bouchard to contribute this year. Not sure why the Blues would move him anyway.

Reactions: TFHockey and Ballz

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Interesting. Now the Blues fans can go out again overestimating their own players while lowballing the rest of the league with their berglund + blais + 2nd for every elite players on market stating « we don’t need player X but let me push this garbage offer anyway and if you ever laugh I’ll say your player is trash and we donn’t need/want him anyway »

Same old, same old.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Interesting. Now the Blues fans can go out again overestimating their own players while lowballing the rest of the league with their berglund + blais + 2nd for every elite players on market stating « we don’t need player X but let me push this garbage offer anyway and if you ever laugh I’ll say your player is trash and we donn’t need/want him anyway »

Same old, same old.

Lol.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007

Your worthless “Parayko to Edmonton” thread finally got closed at 2AM this morning so you feel a need to start another Parayko/EDM thread an hour later? Why don’t you just let it die?

Also, there is no “Parayko sweepstakes”. He was never on the block. What part of “teams are calling on Parayko” don’t you understand. Show me one reliable source that says Parayko is being shopped.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
I dont see how drafting bouchard would eliminate the oilers desperate need for an established defender. Bouchard might might end up as a quality PP QB but its unlikely he ends up a better all around defender then parayko

Last edited:

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Does this really need a thread? You just trying to start another pissing match? His price won’t drop cause one team dropped out and hell we don’t even know that the Oilers are no longer interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->