Proposal: Edmonton - Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbenst

Oct 10, 2017
Arturri Lehkonen

for

Jesse Puljujarvi

Montreal gets risky here by trading a 23 y.o. left winger blocked by LW depth in the squad and who has a great defensive awareness for potential blue chip player Jesse Poolparty, whose last name fits with Montreal's nightlife. A duo of Kotkaniemi and Puljujarvi could become team's future. Puljujarvi seems stuck behind Yamamoto and Rattie or Draisaitl when he plays wing.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers pass. Puljujarvi is playing hard and playing well on our 2nd line and earning tons of praise from Hitchcock. The points will come. Lekhonen is a nice player but not the caliber of winger we should give up Puljujarvi for.

Furthermore Yamamoto is in the AHL and Rattie is on the 4th line. He’s not stuck behind them at all, he’s beaten them both out for a top six roster spot.

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
Mtl doesn't touch this with a 10 foot pole

established 23yo 2 way players on a 45 points pace don't get traded for struggling 20yo prospects

Reactions: stanley25

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'd do it.

Puljujarvi sucks.

Everyone blamed McLellan. Hitchcock called him up and he's the exact same player. One or two plays a game where he looks like he has a pulse and otherwise does nothing.

Worst bust since Yakupov.

Damn the Oilers sure know how to pick em.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I'd do it.

Puljujarvi sucks.

Everyone blamed McLellan. Hitchcock called him up and he's the exact same player. One or two plays a game where he looks like he has a pulse and otherwise does nothing.

when fellow finn gm of the cbj passed up on him for Dubois, I knew it was a red flag for Pulji.
You had to assume for a fact Jackets GM would have heavily scouted Pulji and saw something in him he didnt like.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Arturri Lehkonen

for

Jesse Puljujarvi

Montreal gets risky here by trading a 23 y.o. left winger blocked by LW depth in the squad and who has a great defensive awareness for potential blue chip player Jesse Poolparty, whose last name fits with Montreal's nightlife. A duo of Kotkaniemi and Puljujarvi could become team's future. Puljujarvi seems stuck behind Yamamoto and Rattie or Draisaitl when he plays wing.
As a Hab fan i have no interest in this.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I'd do it.

Puljujarvi sucks.

See some Oilers are finally opening up their eyes.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Arturri Lehkonen

for

Jesse Puljujarvi

Hitchcock loves this kid, he will never make that trade.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Don't understand why Habs would take all the risk here. Lehkonen is a sure fire 40pts+ a season, who's 2way game is great.

Heck he's got 16pts this year and he could EASILY be @ the 10-12goal mark if he was just a tad more lucky...

I'd like Puljarvi, in a "Change of air" kinda deal, but not in a deal where we are sending a good, young, known commodity for a younger commodity thats is trending to the "BUST" status faster than Usain Bolt on a 100m track!

Reactions: kp61c

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Don't understand why Habs would take all the risk here. Lehkonen is a sure fire 40pts+ a season, who's 2way game is great.

Heck he's got 16pts this year and he could EASILY be @ the 10-12goal mark if he was just a tad more lucky...

I'd like Puljarvi, in a "Change of air" kinda deal, but not in a deal where we are sending a good, young, known commodity for a younger commodity thats is trending to the "BUST" status faster than Usain Bolt on a 100m track!

Lekhonen’s not a sure fire anything his career high is 28 points and he only managed 21 last year. I get why you might not want to do this but pump the brakes a bit.

I don’t see anything that would be on the table from Montreal that would be even remotely interesting if Lekhonen is considered too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad