Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Grey Cup Champions! : Jones leaves for greener pastures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
can someone tell me whatever happen to that asshat that wanted Edmonton to change their name or was it just someone looking for 5 mintes of fame or cash call because he gut his bunghole all bent out of shape ..

He went back to his parents basement and has stayed there ever since.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
can someone tell me whatever happen to that asshat that wanted Edmonton to change their name or was it just someone looking for 5 mintes of fame or cash call because he gut his bunghole all bent out of shape ..

I like the name Edmonton! It has roots in England, which is kind of cool.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
The Esks are about to announce the signing of a major college QB. You can expect the announcement within a week to 10 days.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
there are going to be some challenges for the esks. how could there not be?
but it's laughable to think they'll be fighting for last place.

We're really going to have a good competitive team to watch, with a lot of players wanting to show that the team is greater than the sum of jones coaching.

I'm looking forward to this upcoming season and destroying the riders when the esks play them.

also look forward to the new thread in just a few posts so we can get that traitors name off the thread title.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I find it funny that one writer says Riders in 1st when they haven't improved the team 'significantly'. I'd say the Esks, Bombers, Stamps and even the Lions improved more than they did. Riders got players from the Esks that had a smaller role, but nothing major. And with the additions of Ford and McKnight, I feel we replaced them pretty well. Not to mention possible chances of McCoil, Grymes, and Jefferson returning, I'm sure we will be fighting for 1st.

Jones is a great coach, but I doubt he will make the Riders #1 in 1 season. Can't see it happening.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I thought he was retired?

He's tried top make a few comebacks in the NFL with no results. He might see the CFL as a way to get back into the game, also he may have no choice as I don't think he was very financially stable.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
How to gain internet popularity among a community of sports fans:

1) Cause controversy by predicting defending champs to finish at bottom of standings

2) Pander to the largest fanbase in the league who had previously finished at bottom of standings by predicting them to finish at top of standings.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I find it funny that one writer says Riders in 1st when they haven't improved the team 'significantly'. I'd say the Esks, Bombers, Stamps and even the Lions improved more than they did. Riders got players from the Esks that had a smaller role, but nothing major. And with the additions of Ford and McKnight, I feel we replaced them pretty well. Not to mention possible chances of McCoil, Grymes, and Jefferson returning, I'm sure we will be fighting for 1st.

Jones is a great coach, but I doubt he will make the Riders #1 in 1 season. Can't see it happening.

the esks were hurt more by guys going to the NFL than guys going to the riders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad