BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
dNVGENB.gif

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
we're saved:

@ericrsports: Steve Pinizzotto not on the ice for the #OKCBarons either. Possibly heading to Edmonton? #Oilers

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Posting the same GIF over and over isn't that funny. Just saying.

We better win this one.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
867969041.0.gif

That footwork though.

I thought Hunt did pretty well so far.

Sure he's got some mistakes, like this GIF, to iron out, but so do apparently the goalies. That should have been a save right there.

I think some posters are too hard on Hunt. Just picking apart every mistake that he makes and not saying **** about the good plays he makes.

Do the same inquisition for Nurse, Shultz, and others instead of focusing sole attention on Hunt's boners.

Only good thing about the GIF is that Yaks was in position with his stick in the right place to intercept a pass.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
I thought Hunt did pretty well so far.

Sure he's got some mistakes, like this GIF, to iron out, but so do apparently the goalies. That should have been a save right there.

It was a heckuva shot though and he had all day long to load up and let 'er rip.

I think some posters are too hard on Hunt. Just picking apart every mistake that he makes and not saying **** about the good plays he makes.

Do the same inquisition for Nurse, Shultz, and others instead of focusing sole attention on Hunt's boners.

Hunt's an AHL defenseman playing top four minutes. He's in over his head.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I can't say a single one of our defenseman have proven effective in the first 3 games.

They have their moments.. good, bad, ugly.

But not one has had a consensus great game.

Not once have I listened to the radio, talked to other fans.. read these boards. And had the majority say "Insert Player Here" had a really good game.

Isn't Ramsay in charge of the defence?
They freaking stink.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
It was a heckuva shot though and he had all day long to load up and let 'er rip.

Hunt's an AHL defenseman playing top four minutes. He's in over his head.

I get that. And I agree that he's an AHL D.

I guess my point is people are kind of glossing over other (favorite players) bad plays and totally focusing on the obvious underdog.

It gets in my craw to see people not giving others much of a chance to succeed.

One good thing I've noticed about Hunt is his play in the O zone, especially on the PP.

I haven't seen puck movement like that in these parts for a looooong time.

/endrant

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Jeez, I've seen better pylons on EA Sports EASHL play better defence than Brad Hunt.

hey thanks man! I work hard out there, not smart hahaha.

Seriously, we lose tonight and friday, and this season is over....To think I got excited all summer to watch this team and I got 4 meaningful games. This is just wrong, we do not deserve this guys. WE just don't deserve this.

What bad Karma did we build up to get it back this badly. :help::help::help::help:

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
So, has Petry sat out enough to fix the problems caused by missing training camp yet?

You're forgetting that the best way to get into game shape after missing training camp, is by being a healthy scratch, and not playing games. Works every...single...time

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Problem is Hunt could be sheltered a la Leddy on Chicago if we had a stable d core. We don't. Everyone is scrambling.

and putting Schultz and Hunt together is lunacy.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
As long as Lowe and MacTavish run this team nothing will ever change and frankly I am fine with it. I don't spend money on the team, stream the games and don't get angry over the perpetual cycle of suck. As Sideshow Bob might paraphase, I've grown accustomed to the suck. Katz gets to preside over the laughingstock of the NHL, but no worries he is making his money.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Does anybody know how to properly link images from photobucket? The URLs for my GDT don't seem to be working.

I'll have the GDT up as soon as I get over the technical hump.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I now approach games with how could this possibly get worse?

Gagner with a hat trick (all goals generated off him winning board battles) and Dubnyk gets the shutout. Yep, that would add more gas to this tire fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad