Proposal: Edmonton and Minny

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
If we were to move RNH for a dman, we'd want a legit top pairing guy, which he's not worth. Value wise it's a decent proposal, but not what we need.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If we were to move RNH for a dman, we'd want a legit top pairing guy, which he's not worth. Value wise it's a decent proposal, but not what we need.

Interesting. What is a legit top pairing guy?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Only attractive part is that Brodin is BFF of Klefbom. Don't need the player in Edmonton with his handedness and skillset especially if the cost is the Nuge.

Maybe in the offseason if RNH prices himself out of our range and we are flipping Larsson for a top 6 winger (cheaper than RNH) in another deal.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You always have to factor $$ into any discussion of value. A Lafreniere on a ELC deal might be more desirable for some teams than Draisaitl at 8.5/per, or whatever he makes. It all depends on circumstances.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
The fact Edmonton fans Believe this, it's comical and funny & so not even realistic
What's unrealistic is acting like there's some sort of f***in gulf between the three players. There isn't. That's the point. Just move on.

I could come up with hundreds of trades that would improve teams. That doesn't mean they all make sense and suit the actual needs of all the teams. That's what this thread is all about.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I think people misunderstood what I said. I said he wouldn’t trade Kap/Fiala for Draisiatl. I think Drai > 1OA, but not significantly
How is any player who posted back to back 100 point seasons not worth significantly more than a single draft pick?

That's insanity. I don't even care that it's Drai it could have been a bevy of other NHL players. The value some people put on draft picks is borderline delusion.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
You always have to factor $$ into any discussion of value. A Lafreniere on a ELC deal might be more desirable for some teams than Draisaitl at 8.5/per, or whatever he makes. It all depends on circumstances.
Draisaitl is 24, a leading candidate for the MVP, plays center and wing, and is signed for 5 more years at $8.5M. I can't think of a single team that would not take him over the #1 pick this year where the prize is a winger that I think most see as an average first overall. Even a team like Toronto takes Draisaitl despite cap issues and their center depth. They could turn around and flip Nylander or Marner packaged with some of their depth guys for a defenseman.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I guess nobody read the part where i mentioned the value of the contract. 925K v 8.5M matters in a league where the cap is flat. In other words, picking Lafreniere over Draisaitl also allows you to keep a player like Josi or Pastrnak. So, the question is, would you rather have Lafreniere and Pastrnak, or Draisaitl?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I guess nobody read the part where i mentioned the value of the contract. 925K v 8.5M matters in a league where the cap is flat. In other words, picking Lafreniere over Draisaitl also allows you to keep a player like Josi or Pastrnak. So, the question is, would you rather have Lafreniere and Pastrnak, or Draisaitl?

I can promise you that Pastrnak or Josi wouldn't be the cap casualties if a team had both?

What a dumb hypothetical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad