Proposal: Edmonton and Minny

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dame straight is it is my opinion. There was a thread on the main boards a few weeks ago and several Wild Fans though it was a fair deal... if the Wild decide to go in rebuild mode.

Brodin with extension does not give him full value. It improves his value slightly compared to one full year and then UFA. Wild get to change their 20-25 1st for a top 10 pick which the talent is very good and also get a late 2nd and late 4th.

I believe they might bite on that if they want to move in rebuild mode. Based on their GM willing to move Parise at the deadline and dealing with a potential $20M of cap recapture penalty, I do think they are thinking rebuild.

If Brodin's value is lower because he's a UFA, and Brodin having an extension in place doesn't give him full value, what does give him full value?

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If Brodin's value is lower because he's a UFA, and Brodin having an extension in place doesn't give him full value, what does give him full value?
He can’t have full value until he’s on the Montreal roster. If they decide to Trade him then he has full value

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Its really not.

You have the Wild moving up 11 spots and trading one of their better defencemen who you've signed without paying for that pleasure.

It would cost Montreal a lot more than dropping 11 spots and two mediocre draft picks to get that done. You're trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Who has cake and doesn't eat it?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Too much "extended Brodin" talk.

In the past, it was usually agreed that EDM and MN were bad trade partners. Sounds like it still is true, if not more so, with Spurgeon on a NMC and EDM drafting Broberg in the first round. I mean, MN would like Draisaitl, and EDM would like Fiala, but we know that's not gonna happen.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Too much "extended Brodin" talk.

In the past, it was usually agreed that EDM and MN were bad trade partners. Sounds like it still is true, if not more so, with Spurgeon on a NMC and EDM drafting Broberg in the first round. I mean, MN would like Draisaitl, and EDM would like Fiala, but we know that's not gonna happen.

im trying not to lose my shit on you for that last sentence :laugh:

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Believe it or not but not everybody is on here as often as you to see every trade proposed

Coming here once a month and looking for MIN - EDM trade guarantees couple pages of Brodin RNH discussion.

That trade isn't happening.

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
I've only looked at the first page, but man...is Brodin ever underrated. He might be the best defensive d-man in the entire NHL. He's 27, making $4.2M. I'm not saying Edmonton needs to trade for another defensive minded LD, but people in this thread need to appreciate how good Brodin is, and how valuable he is to Minnesota's overall defensive game. He's definitely not 3rd pairing on Edmonton though, lol.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I've only looked at the first page, but man...is Brodin ever underrated. He might be the best defensive d-man in the entire NHL. He's 27, making $4.2M. I'm not saying Edmonton needs to trade for another defensive minded LD, but people in this thread need to appreciate how good Brodin is, and how valuable he is to Minnesota's overall defensive game. He's definitely not 3rd pairing on Edmonton though, lol.

Brodin is very good, I don't know why people are saying he isn't... but in terms of losing RNH, we'd be making a much bigger hole than the one Brodin would fill. Our D is very young but it's the best it's been since Pronger left.

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
Brodin is very good, I don't know why people are saying he isn't... but in terms of losing RNH, we'd be making a much bigger hole than the one Brodin would fill. Our D is very young but it's the best it's been since Pronger left.
For sure. RNH is a great player, and he fits really well in Edmonton's top six. Versatile, brings a defensively conscious presence + good finishing ability. I have nothing against Edmonton fans not liking the trade, it is more the ignorance about how good Brodin is that bugs me.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
For sure. RNH is a great player, and he fits really well in Edmonton's top six. Versatile, brings a defensively conscious presence + good finishing ability. I have nothing against Edmonton fans not liking the trade, it is more the ignorance about how good Brodin is that bugs me.

A lot of people still think Suter is our “shutdown d-man”. Hasn’t been for a couple years. Can’t expect everybody to know everything, especially when it comes to flyover country.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
You can't honestly think that Brodin would play 3rd pair in Edmonton? Right?

He's not playing in front of Nurse or Klefbom.... so where do you think Edmonton would put him?
If we resigned him he'd probably get passed by Broberg within 2 years. So yeah, Brodin doesn't look all that appealing to Oil fans right now.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He's not playing in front of Nurse or Klefbom.... so where do you think Edmonton would put him?
If we resigned him he'd probably get passed by Broberg within 2 years. So yeah, Brodin doesn't look all that appealing to Oil fans right now.
After watching EDM vs Chicago, I don’t know how you can say Brodin isn’t exactly what you need. He’d be the best Defenman on your team.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I watched your series with the Hawks. Jonas Brodin would be the best defenseman on your team in any and all situations.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The fact that you don't think he should play ahead of Nurse or Klefbom shows how lost you are. Hopefully Broberg and Bouchard develop into something could, but I think EDM as whole has to realize that their team D as a whole sucks, and it matters. Even the 80's Oilers figured that out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad