Proposal: Edmonton and Boston

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Sunday boredom taking over. Simple question: would you make this move today?

To Boston:

F Taylor Hall

To Edmonton:

F Brad Marchand
D Dougie Hamilton
G Niklas Svedberg

Bartowski takes Hamilton's spot, and Hall takes Marchand's spot.

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Eriksson - Bergeron - Hall
Soderberg - Spooner - Kelly
Paille - Campbell - Thornton
Smith

Take on 6.0 million and ship out 6.25 million.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Or this? More from the responses from Edmonton fans:

To Boston:

F Jordan Eberle
2014 Edmonton 2nd Round Pick

To Edmonton:

F Brad Marchand
G Niklas Svedberg

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

To Boston:

F Jordan Eberle

To Edmonton:

F Brad Marchand
G Niklas Svedberg

Very tough. I absolutely LOVE Marchand but Eberle is a better scorer IMO. Though we know Marchand is totally capable of "bringing it" in the playoffs.

I really don't know. My gut says "no" mainly because Bergeron and Marchand really click.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Haha. Fair enough. Sounds like they aren't going to evn consider moving Hall but Eberle is on the table. Would keeping Hamilton and making it Eberle seal it for you or are you loyal to your father to a fault?

Well, you wanted short and simple. :laugh:

Um, with your modifications, I guess I still wouldn't do it. Eberle is having a good year this year from the perspective of being a 2-way player, but overall I don't know that his two-way ability in enough to make up for what you lose in Marchand...who is a less superior offensive option than Eberle but is historically better defensively...and as such, more appropriately suited to play on this team with this type of defensive structure and what they want to see out of their forwards. As far as loyalty to my father (I envisioned this being said in a Darth Vader kind of voice) I do believe him to be part of the core, and that his slow start this year should take nothing away from how he's performed in the past, especially during the SCF series. I think he's entirely too valuable to what this team is trying to do and assign his value as such.

Then throwing in a nearly NHL-ready goaltender like Svedberg....I think that's an overpayment.

As an aside and not necessarily directed to you...what's with all the trade proposals involving Eddy? It feels like everytime I see a trade proposal thread in this forum, there's a 85% chance it involves Edmomton. :laugh:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

To Boston:

F Jordan Eberle

To Edmonton:

F Brad Marchand
G Niklas Svedberg

First trade is a no cuz of Dougie. I would do this tho. Doubt Edmonton would tho. Would have to throw in another piece and or a pick.

I may just steal your idea for the trade board :naughty:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Well, you wanted short and simple. :laugh:

Um, with your modifications, I guess I still wouldn't do it. Eberle is having a good year this year from the perspective of being a 2-way player, but overall I don't know that his two-way ability in enough to make up for what you lose in Marchand...who is a less superior offensive option than Eberle but is historically better defensively...and as such, more appropriately suited to play on this team with this type of defensive structure and what they want to see out of their forwards.

Then throwing in a nearly NHL-ready goaltender like Svedberg....I think that's an overpayment.

As an aside and not necessarily directed to you...what's with all the trade proposals involving Eddy? It feels like everytime I see a trade proposal thread in this forum, there's a 85% chance it involves Edmomton. :laugh:

Fair enough and I even can't see a day where I part with my Marchand jersey, but I have my share of ex-Bruins jerseys so why not one more...:shakehead

As for Edmonton, they are in the Western Conference, have a glut of prospects and talent that have adopted a losing atmosphere there and have speedy forwards looking to play on a winning team. Pretty much what the Bruins lack.

They also need help in net more than any other team in the NHL. We have the best goalie not playing in the NHL right now. He's young, ready to make the next step and won't get his shot to be the starter in Boston for a decade.

Buffalo is also struggling but has no reason to trade within the division and the Bruins would be in no rush to help them.

The Jets are the next closest Western Conference team and that always turns into Kane talk that will never happen.

Sadly enough, 12 of the bottom 15 teams in the NHL are in the Eastern Conference...wow. 10 of the top 15 are from the West. In the Metro division a .500 record will be getting you into the playoffs it seems. No need to make moves there sadly.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
First trade is a no cuz of Dougie. I would do this tho. Doubt Edmonton would tho. Would have to throw in another piece and or a pick.

I may just steal your idea for the trade board :naughty:

I originally had just for Eberle and they jokingly added in the second to make the deal happen.

I bet if you made the 2nd a 3rd you'd get some pretty solid responses from both sides on the main board.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I did my own trade on cap geek but with the Stars involving Marchand

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Fair enough and I even can't see a day where I part with my Marchand jersey, but I have my share of ex-Bruins jerseys so why not one more...:shakehead

As for Edmonton, they are in the Western Conference, have a glut of prospects and talent that have adopted a losing atmosphere there and have speedy forwards looking to play on a winning team. Pretty much what the Bruins lack.

They also need help in net more than any other team in the NHL. We have the best goalie not playing in the NHL right now. He's young, ready to make the next step and won't get his shot to be the starter in Boston for a decade.

Buffalo is also struggling but has no reason to trade within the division and the Bruins would be in no rush to help them.

The Jets are the next closest Western Conference team and that always turns into Kane talk that will never happen.

Sadly enough, 12 of the bottom 15 teams in the NHL are in the Eastern Conference...wow. 10 of the top 15 are from the West. In the Metro division a .500 record will be getting you into the playoffs it seems. No need to make moves there sadly.

Feel you on the jerseys. I fully plan to wear my away Ference when the Oil come into town. Thank goodness Seids signed that extension. :laugh:

As for the bolded, I think this is why I look at any deal involving Edmonton with some skepticism. I think it's unfair to say they've adopted a "losing" atmosphere....no professional player, coach, GM or organization wants to lose...but their personnel choices are certainly questionable. I worry about taking guys on who might contribute to that kind of philosophy. It's a big gamble when we see guys come aboard from teams like that...they're talented to be sure, but do they have that "it" factor, that desire to win, that clutch play. That's something that you see in a guy like Marchand, who like I said, is less offensively talented but we cannot deny his ability to rise to the occasion in a big game.

Like you said, some guys look forward to playing on winning teams and contribute to that culture. Some guys are just talented but don't understand that culture or don't buy into it. I'm not saying Eberle is or isn't that kind of guy, and it's a tough intangible to measure, and that's not to say that I'd automatically nix anything coming from Eddy because of it...but it's one that's obviously important to the Bruins based on their personnel decisions.

I'm just one dude though. :laugh:

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Hall can not stay healthy for more than 20 games, not giving up Hamilton for him, no way.

Only way I trade Hamilton is for Pietro and thats not going to happen, Dougie is really coming into his own this year and is about to become a force.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
We can't trade Hamilton, especially if a better d man isn't coming back. Edmonton doesn't have any of those.

Don't think either team does it

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Look. Offense first players will not fit in our system. I've always said with Seguin is that if he was on a team like Chicago that allows Kane and Toews to go O first, that he would excel. And now that hes in Dallas, hes doing just that.

These players just dont fit our system in the long run. Kessel was included in that. Hall is the same. Would he score goals here? Yes. But system wise, just not a good fit.

So no. I dont do the deal.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Sunday boredom taking over. Simple question: would you make this move today?

To Boston:

F Taylor Hall

To Edmonton:

F Brad Marchand
D Dougie Hamilton
G Niklas Svedberg

Bartowski takes Hamilton's spot, and Hall takes Marchand's spot.

Lucic - Krejci - Iginla
Eriksson - Bergeron - Hall
Soderberg - Spooner - Kelly
Paille - Campbell - Thornton
Smith

Take on 6.0 million and ship out 6.25 million.

I'm more inclined to say yes, but I'm on the fence because Hall is frequently injured.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
No.

I don't care how good the other player is, you don't trade Hamilton for a forward unless it is Crosby or Stamkos. We need a potential high end defenseman for the future. He is that piece. Unless you somehow convince a GM to trade you someone like OEL for Hamilton, you don't move him.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

To Boston:

F Jordan Eberle

To Edmonton:

F Brad Marchand
G Niklas Svedberg

I think you should put this one on the Trade board. It seems pretty fair.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Last season the Bergy line started out as the best line (in that short season) . They looked pretty good. Both Bergy and Marchy are clutch players for the B's and have proved themselves in the playoffs.

I wouldn't be too quick to trade away Brad Marchand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad