Proposal: Edmonton and Boston

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Hemsky would fit on this team about as well as Jagr did. No room on the Krejci line. And I don't think he'd really mesh with Bergeron or Kelly.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
That would never happen Hall is overrated Bruins will never do that and i would not to.
Hall is not overrated, would be the most talented player on the Bruins...unfortunately for him, he has had some bad luck injuries, otherwise he is a top 10 scorer in the league and a guy who leaves it all out there every game...would love him here but the cost would be way too much

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Hall is overrated? Wow...now I've heard everything.

Hall is overrated. Exciting player, but still has a lot of holes in his game. He's awful defensively and is a turnover machine. Many people only watch him in highlights and label him an elite young player since they never get to see his mistakes...why is calling him overrated such a bold statement?

Last edited:

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Hall is overrated. Exciting player, but still has a lot of holes in his game. He's awful defensively and is a turnover machine. Many people only watch him in highlights and label him an elite young player since they never get to see his mistakes...why is calling him overrated such a bold statement?

Which elite young player isn't horrible in the defensive zone? IMO, you cant teach offense but you can teach defense...he'll come around and down the stretch last year he improved greatly when his team was actually winning. He's just way too explosive even with his holes to call him overrated in only his 4th year.

Right now, Edmonton as a team is horrible. You think Kane wasn't in the same boat when Chicago sucked? People always questioned his defensive play. Heck, Jeff Carter when he was with Philly or Ovie was labelled the same way. But with time, they came around. (Look at Seguin too)

I actually like D.Eakins as a coach and think he'll turn things around with that organization.

At the end of the day, Hall is a going to be an elite scorer in this league...he's just had tough luck with a few of his injuries. I'd take him on Boston in a heartbeat.

BudMovin*

Bruins would request someone who would be healthy for the playoffs.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
If health wasn't a factor, then the value is there. However, I understand concerns over the health of Hall.

It's much easier to mask a forwards lack of defensive game than it is to suddenly develop a forward into an elite goal scorer, which Hall is. Defensive systems can limit a players poor (if you want to call it that) defensive play while not hindering their offensive ability.

Hall is a game-breaking forward when he is healthy, and can create instant offense, something this team could use. This team has a lot of very good players, but not one that can take over offensively the WAY Hall can.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Can't believe some people still are on about Hemsky. He'd clash horribly with this system. You'd like to think good players can just come in and play here no matter what their style of play, but we've seen time and time again that just isn't the case. He'd be hated here and would be gone in a heartbeat.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Can't believe some people still are on about Hemsky. He'd clash horribly with this system. You'd like to think good players can just come in and play here no matter what their style of play, but we've seen time and time again that just isn't the case. He'd be hated here and would be gone in a heartbeat.

I don't buy that for a second.

Marc Savard adjusted and produced here.
Miro Satan adjusted and produced here.
Phil Kessel was a strong contributor to this team when he was here.
Tyler Seguin was a strong contributor to this team when he was here.
Jaromir Jagr adjusted and even though he didn't score, he created a ton of scoring chances (and Jagr looks like he's all done).
Jarome Iginla has come in here, adjusted and been part of a ton of scoring chances.

This argument reminds me of when people said offensive defensemen just "didn't fit the system" and would never work here. Torey Krug and Dougie Hamilton have scored more goals than our second or third lines (and have a better plus/minus's as well).

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't buy that for a second.

Marc Savard adjusted and produced here.
Miro Satan adjusted and produced here.
Phil Kessel was a strong contributor to this team when he was here.
Tyler Seguin was a strong contributor to this team when he was here.
Jaromir Jagr adjusted and even though he didn't score, he created a ton of scoring chances (and Jagr looks like he's all done).
Jarome Iginla has come in here, adjusted and been part of a ton of scoring chances.

This argument reminds me of when people said offensive defensemen just "didn't fit the system" and would never work here. Torey Krug and Dougie Hamilton have scored more goals than our second or third lines (and have a better plus/minus's as well).

Don`t forget the always trusty "Claude can`t coach a young player" argument too Bill:sarcasm:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Don`t forget the always trusty "Claude can`t coach a young player" argument too Bill:sarcasm:

I get the premise. Two speedy, skilled guys were moved so speedy/skill guys must not work here. But I don't belive they were moved because they were fast or creative. They were moved because (when they were here) they were uncommonly timid. That doesn't mean that all speed/skill types are afraid of contact. Eberle isn't afraid of contact. Hemsky isn't afraid of contact, if anything, he gets hurt putting himself in harm's way.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I get the premise. Two speedy, skilled guys were moved so speedy/skill guys must not work here. But I don't belive they were moved because they were fast or creative. They were moved because (when they were here) they were uncommonly timid. That doesn't mean that all speed/skill types are afraid of contact. Eberle isn't afraid of contact. Hemsky isn't afraid of contact, if anything, he gets hurt putting himself in harm's way.

I still believe that Eberle is the odd man out in Edmonton. Time will tell though.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Hemsky isn't timid. He is just SO pass-first that it can be frustrating to watch. Also, he only plays 40 games a season.

I always thought he'd be alright here. And the Oilers NEED someone who can stop a puck.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec

How soon will ''Has all the tools but no tool box'' come out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad