Proposal: Edmonton | Anaheim. Bro | Kling

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don’t really see the fit unless oilers were also moving barrie…. Also think they’d rather just pay with picks over broberg.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
To Edmonton - Klingberg
To Anaheim - Broberg + 2nd and Puljujarvi
Klingberg has been absolutely brutal this season for Anaheim. Unless he picks it up he’s not getting anything like that.

That’s ignoring that Edm needs defensive help and that’s not the type of player he is. Between Nurse, Bouchard and Barrie they have enough offense from the backend

Homesick

Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The popular narrative is that the Oilers would have to add for someone to take Barrie's 4.5m cap hit. Then they give up more assets to pick up a worse player making 7m? I think not

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Good lord, no. That's an astronomical price for a rental, especially a tall swedish Tyson Barrie
Do you feel at this point JP is a cap dump? I'm still bullish on Broberg (I think he'll be better than Bouchard long term), but JP for me is a cap dump.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Not a chance. For multiple reasons. Cap doesn’t work. We don’t need another offensive RD. Wouldn’t do Broberg alone for a rental.
All of this. The Oilers need a tough dman that can actually play d. Im pretty sure that does not describe Kling. And massive overpay as well. And he is a rental. Oilers get hosed

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
So i guess Edmontons right side would consist of offensive dmen with varying levels of questionable defense. Doesnt seem like a fit to me

OP is very familiar with wanting to gather a bunch of players with questionable levels of defensive acumen.

This trade does nothing to improve Edmonton and would not reflect an appropriate price for Klingberg who is having a pretty bad offensive year, which is especially galling because offense is his calling card.

If Edmonton wants to win a Cup when they've got McDavid and Draisaitl on cheap deals relative to their talent... they need to improve their actual defense, not try to draw more points out of their back end.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
To Edmonton - Klingberg
To Anaheim - Broberg + 2nd and Puljujarvi

Why would the Oilers do this.

Klingberg is Barrie 2.0 and his cap hit is $2.5m more.

I wouldn’t want the Oilers to sign him as a UFA or pick him off the waiver wire… why would we trade assets to get him.

NO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad