Proposal: Edmonton | Anaheim. Bro | Kling

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
For some reason we were talked about with Klingberg as a UFA. Still don't get it when you have Bouchard and Barrie on the right side.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
1. He’s a rental
2. He’s overpaid
3. He’s not even that good this year
4. Oilers could get him free in the offseason

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Klingberg is the last type of defenseman we need. Don't get me wrong, I like his skill, but the last thing we need is a puck moving defenseman. We could use a 2nd pair LD who plays a strong defensive game, but we don't need any more offense based right side defensemen.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Edmonton | Anaheim. Bro | Kling
No deal without it.

broilking_375x250.png

Reactions: Joel Ward

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
This deal does not work from the oilers perspective--OIlers have Berrie and he has the same problems that Klingberg has--sucks in his own zone.

Broberg is still developing. Will he be the 1/2 guy that the oilers hoped? I love my Swedes but I questioned this pick. The oilers needed a forward. Broberg is like Klefbom, but more raw and he needs more time to develop. He looks like he starting to turn the corner in the AHL this year and is starting to play 20 + minutes a game and looks to be adapting to north american style of hockey. They should have left him in Europe another year.

Klingberg is also on 7mill cap hit this year and he nowhere near worth that anymore and the oilers need to out money elsewhere first.

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
I really don't think Klingberg are the kind of def Oilers really need.
They need someone who can calm down the play in their zone.
I'm not an Oilers fans but to fix their defense and became THE TEAM to beat in western conference they should target 2 guys who can play PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad