Proposal: EDM/WPG RNH

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
RNH is out for another 5 weeks. This doesn't do the Jets anything for their playoff push. The guy would at least have to be healthy for this to happen. Jets are down a center right now. Scheifele will be back before RNH is

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Nope. Can’t add Nuge’s salary and retain all our players that our up for contract in the next 2 years.

Deal would end up being Roslovic+Vesalainen but it would also cost the Jets the ability to re-sign Wheeler. I’d expect the Jets would be looking at adding a cheaper C, or at least one with less term

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Don't think this works for either team. The Jets need all the cash they can muster for a Trouba extension as well as Laine's 2nd contract. Doubt they wanna pay Nuge 6 mil to play 3C when they have a much cheaper option in Lowry (though not as good).

Oil shouldn't do it either, even if it is good value. Nuge has been very good this year. Do we wait 3 years hoping Roslovic can play at the level Nuge is currently?

kyle o connor

enjoying first line highlife
Apr 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
Teams with multiple elite players need contributing ELC players so the cap doesn’t eat them alive. Even if we would entertain trading for RNH, you wouldn’t get our two top prospects in one trade

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Might be decent value wise, 2 recent and promising first rounders for a legit and versatile C in the nhl. However contract and fit wise doesn't work at all.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Jets will already get in cap troubles with the current F depth, so adding 6m guy and giving 2 ELCs away wouldnt be great. I'd be down for Little+ for RNH but I don't think Oilers would like that very much

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Is this a joke? RNH isn't worth our top two prospects.

Nevermind the fact RNH's contract is terrible and the Jets have actual good players to sign in the next 2 years and don't have room for bad contracts, the value here is horrid.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Nope. Can’t add Nuge’s salary and retain all our players that our up for contract in the next 2 years.

Deal would end up being Roslovic+Vesalainen but it would also cost the Jets the ability to re-sign Wheeler. I’d expect the Jets would be looking at adding a cheaper C, or at least one with less term
Bozak seems like hed be an alright fit

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Is this a joke? RNH isn't worth our top two prospects.

Nevermind the fact RNH's contract is terrible and the Jets have actual good players to sign in the next 2 years and don't have room for bad contracts, the value here is horrid.

RNH has been Oilers best player this year (not saying much) RNH this year is worth this or even more. Trade doesnt work for either team, Oilers need a puckmoving d-man if they are selling RNH

Reactions: north49er

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
If the Oilers were to ever trade RNH for cap relief, this would be a okay deal but the Oilers need him and he's still relatively young.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Dude Little and RNH are basically the same player, why would you add a first on top of that. I don't think the Oil and Jets are good trading partners, the Oil need to dump some contracts and the Jets need to sign some players.
age factor. RNH is alot younger and can fill the 2c role until roslovic fills in the 3c pushing lowry down to 4c.
ehlers shief laine
connor rnh wheeler
perrault roslo armia
copp lowry tanev
would be a pretty good roster down the middle for the next 5 years

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Jets do not want to trade with Edmonton. But Chevy will lend Chiarelli an anchor/anvil to hold onto on the way down to the bottom again.

Reactions: bustamente

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Only reason the Oilers would trade away Nuge is the salarycap. There is no way Oilers are retaining on Nuge. If anything the player cmoing back would have salary retained. Jets are not a fit for RNH since they have their own cap issues coming up.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Lowry, 2018 first rounder and Lemieux for
RNH at 1.25m retained.

I wouldn't trade Lowry alone for Nugent-Hopkins.

I know that opinion isn't shared by the bulk of Jets fans, but the game is about outscoring, not scoring.

I think you need to learn to be okay with a definitively elite 3C who scores as a 3C.

I mean, did Lowry kick your puppy, or something?

Reactions: Snowman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad