Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Warren Foegele signs extension (3 years, $2.75M AAV)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Seems reasonable.
Cap space is getting pretty thin though.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Would take opinions of CAR fans here.. not sure what to think of this deal. Seems alright safely assuming he is better than Kassian.

Also, does he play RW as well? See Yahoo has him listed as RW.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
spill the tea, Canes fans?

Seems like a solid extension.

They suck at negotiating contracts is the insinuation. They're so headstrong about how much they feel a player is worth (generally sub-market) that they can't get the job done as there will be another team willing to "overpay" for his services. Lindholm, Aho, Faulk, Hamilton and Nedeljkovic found their money elsewhere. Arrogance leading to incompetence. Cynical, but plausible.

Wanting to move on for hockey reasons does make sense too, however. A change of scenery was warranted. In the 13 games he played against elite competition in the playoffs over the past 3 years, Boston and Tampa Bay, he got "skunked." 0 points and he looked as invisible as that number suggests. The Top 9 needed an upgrade and that was the logical spot to do it.

The Foegele perspective of the rumor is odd in the context of this contract either way.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
They suck at negotiating contracts is the insinuation. They're so headstrong about how much they feel a player is worth (generally sub-market) that they can't get the job done as there will be another team willing to "overpay" for his services. Lindholm, Aho, Faulk, Hamilton and Nedeljkovic found their money elsewhere. Arrogance leading to incompetence. Cynical, but plausible.

Wanting to move on for hockey reasons does make sense too, however. A change of scenery was warranted. In the 13 games he played against elite competition in the playoffs over the past 3 years, Boston and Tampa Bay, he got "skunked." 0 points and he looked as invisible as that number suggests. The Top 9 needed an upgrade and that was the logical spot to do it.

The Foegele perspective of the rumor is odd in the context of this contract either way.
How was he in playoffs other than his lack of points? And does he belong in top 6

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I like the trade and the signing. Really the first Holland move I’ve liked this off season.
Holland has improved the forward group. But the D and goaltending looks like it still needs some work. Especially goaltending. I can’t imagine that they will run with a Smith/Koskinen duo again this year.

Last edited:

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
How was he in playoffs other than his lack of points? And does he belong in top 6

A total non-factor visually. It's weird. He went from Fernando Pisani-esque to zero. Maybe things even out for him over a larger sample.

I don't know about Top 6. He puts himself into positions to score with his work ethic, but his hands still need to develop. If this contract is a proxy for what the Oilers see and I suppose what his camp does too, he's a good team's 5th or 6th best winger.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad