Proposal: EDM - TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Bad for Toronto.

They’d be be moving a player who drives his own line and an entire PP1 unit for guy who doesn’t have the capacity to do the same.

TheRealPepman

Jul 8, 2018
bruins-chiarelli.jpg

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
If you think Marner or anyone else would have any success driving a line with the Oilers wingers or depth players, you are dreaming.
Who were Marner’s linemates for the second half of last season when he had similar production?

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
8.5mil vs ??.?mil

I'll take Dr Drai, i'm fine with his play whether it's RW or C. 1.5-3mil less a season is a great bargain.

Unrelated stat:
He's become the first German player with 30 goals in a season. Congrats.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Leaf fans think Marner is worth McDavid and Oilers fans think Marner will get paid to much and put the team further into cap hell.

Trade doesn't work for either team.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I just said this in another thread not that they should trade but they can be compared. They are players that put up great numbers on lines driven by elite players. On different teams driving their own lines it is a different ballgame.

That being said I still take Dria because he is imo the better player at a more inportant position and has size and amazing skating for his size. And if marner wants mathews money which is hilarious the ill take the guy 3 mil cheaper.

Pastawithsauce

May 10, 2017
8.5mil vs ??.?mil

I'll take Dr Drai, i'm fine with his play whether it's RW or C. 1.5-3mil less a season is a great bargain.

Unrelated stat:
He's become the first German player with 30 goals in a season. Congrats.
Isnt Dany Heatly German? Maybe just German born?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
A. They're both Wingers.
B. Marner's better and much more dynamic.

A. Except Draisaitl also plays center.

B. Draisaitl has outscored Marner over past few seasons. On a MUCH worse team.

I don't like to do stuff like this. Marner is an elite player and I'd have him on my team any day of the week but to make statements like this shows a lot of bias. The concern is that Marner holds out for $11 Million and gets it. Anyone would want Draisaitl at $8.5 vs Marner at $11 Million.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
If you think Marner or anyone else would have any success driving a line with the Oilers wingers or depth players, you are dreaming.
I’d encourage you to watch some on his brief time on the 4th line last year. He made Matt Martin look dangerous.

Leafs happily keep the much better player.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Leafs don't do this unless you're dealing Kadri for top 4 help immediately. Drasaitl is just as good as Marner, it's a lateral trade for the leafs

Reactions: TFHockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad