Confirmed Trade: [EDM/STL] Klim Kostin for Dmitri Samorukov

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
When a 2nd rounder gets traded for #13th OA after ~120 NHL games (in my book i view it as Romanov for Dach which is even better than the initial trade, that's the main deal he negotiated), i'd say that's a good win when it comes to assessing his added value based on his play :laugh:

Going from untouchable to Klim Kostin is a different story. Ofc there's no real untouchable but at the very least be in the same ballpark, when you go from untouchable to basically waiver fodder that's just a bad look. Arguing back is even funnier, take the banter like a man and move on. Dish it out in the future too bud, it's fair game. If people are gonna make clown statements hold them accountable.

remember back when Samorukov was untouchable here? 😼
:rolleyes:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
wasn't my proposal.. and it was def a thing. just had to read the boards

I get it, EDM fans were very high on him, but it was stretch to say the least

and Sam wasn't the only prospect getting overvaluated. it happens on many fan boards
I was here. I read the boards. I remember a lot of "player and a 1st and a prospect" proposals from Oiler fans involving Parayko. I remember some where the prospect was Samurokov. But I don't recall any that had Samurokov as the centrepiece, let's not exaggerate here. Samurokov was a prospect that a lot of Oiler fans liked. He was never a prospect that we held as untouchable or believed to be worth a top line defenseman.

When a 2nd rounder gets traded for #13th OA after ~120 NHL games (in my book i view it as Romanov for Dach which is even better than the initial trade, that's the main deal he negotiated), i'd say that's a good win when it comes to assessing his added value based on his play :laugh:

Going from untouchable to Klim Kostin is a different story. Ofc there's no real untouchable but at the very least be in the same ballpark, when you go from untouchable to basically waiver fodder that's just a bad look. Arguing back is even funnier, take the banter like a man and move on. Dish it out in the future too bud, it's fair game. If people are gonna make clown statements hold them accountable.
But that never happened.

Reactions: capazzo

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
lol I don't care if ya believe it or not, it was def a thing. read some other posts saying the same thing

I seriously doubt it. I was one of the few Samorukov (and Lagesson) boosters on the boards and noticed my fellow fans were more obsessed with Jones, Bear, Yam, Benson at the time. I seriously never understood the love Benson got.

He might have snuck into top 5 or top 10 Oilers prospect lists but he was never highly touted like Bouchard or JP. Heck even Ethan Bear won WHL D man of the year (Bill Hunter Memorial Trophy - Wikipedia).

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
clearly you don't remember ;)
Maybe you are thinking about posts where we didn't want to trade him for players we don't need. But I seriously doubt that anyone ever seriously considered him untouchable. Or maybe you are thinking of times when we talked him up so people would think of him as more than a garbage prospect - which he was for a time, he showed tremendous growth in his D + 1 year. But it still doesn't mean he was untouchable. Something he was - was our top defensive defenseman prospect, for a short time. He was passed on the depth chart, and had such an awful NHL debut that I'm not sure if our coaches would have been able to get over it. He is what he is. Lots of prospects who show promise stagnate at some point. It looks like both of these players can slide into that category.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
There was a time in his development where his value was much higher. That's how prospects work.

Didn't he just get traded for a former 1st round pick?
Yeah, seems weird to me that they are talking about trading their untouchable defenceman for a mid first round pick as a huge win because he was a second rounder, but trading a former third rounder for a former first rounder is a huge loss that deserves to be mocked?

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
the human brain is indeed wonderful, it's free storage!!

don't worry we all remember how Nurse's 9.25M contract was fair value too, everyone has their eye on that too ;)
The human brain is a petty waste of space in some cases

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

don't worry we all remember how Nurse's 9.25M contract was fair value too, everyone has their eye on that too ;)
Every fan base has prospects who are untouchable and then suck.

Every team signs a contract that looks good and then sucks.

Why people point this out like they/their fanbase didn't ever do anything like that is f***ing stupid

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Yup.

Kostin is surpassed by Toropchenko and Alexandrov so didn't make the team. Due to the injury of Perunovich and Scandella we could use another extra defenseman.

For the Edmonton fans, what's the deal with Samorukov?
Haven’t seen Samorukov since Jr but he was a big, rangy, pretty good two way Dman. Pinched well, contributed to the offense, not bad on D. No idea how he’s progressing.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
This trade will likely be a nothing trade just like the Yakupov one was. There is no space for Kristin and Samorukov will be a 5-6 at best. Who cares….

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The same Lundkvist which got us potentially 2x picks including potential mid/high 1st Round pick back?

The same Lundkvist which is possibly starting the season on the Stars top 4?
some rangers fans considered him untouchable and he got traded.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
What I like best about this is it didn't deplete the Blues stockpile of Russians. Even after trading Kostin fully half of the Blues starting wingers are Russian. Tarasenko, Buchnevich, Barbashev and Toropchenko. Toropchenko is actually a T-800 series Terminator but he was assembled in Russia so that still counts.

Berube can be like a Russian gifting Oprah Winfrey when he's making lines. "YOU GET A RUSSIAN! YOU GET A RUSSIAN! EVERY LINE GETS A RUSSIAN!"

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary

:laugh:Keep 'em coming! Oilers fans are holding their breath on this one but are reserving judgment until he plays one game. Most Oilers fans groaned at this signing
HFOil reaction to Nurses contract.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The same Lundkvist which got us potentially 2x picks including potential mid/high 1st Round pick back?

The same Lundkvist which is possibly starting the season on the Stars top 4?
The problem is the vocal minority that spew shit all over the boards. You know who's guilty of it from your side and I know who's guilty from the Oilers. We both know who does it from the Habs side

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
What I like best about this is it didn't deplete the Blues stockpile of Russians. Even after trading Kostin fully half of the Blues starting wingers are Russian. Tarasenko, Buchnevich, Barbashev and Toropchenko. Toropchenko is actually a T-800 series Terminator but he was assembled in Russia so that still counts.

Berube can be like a Russian gifting Oprah Winfrey when he's making lines. "YOU GET A RUSSIAN! YOU GET A RUSSIAN! EVERY LINE GETS A RUSSIAN!"
I bet these players are happy not to be fertilizing sunflowers in Kherson. Russia has been exposed as a hollow mafia state that can't manufacture anything, They are now using repurposed T-62 tanks that rolled off the line in 1961 because Ukraine has destroyed nearly all of their "modern" tanks.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

No Oilers fan likes Nurse's contract, but it was fair value considering the other bad contracts given to similar caliber defensemen that summer (now for the token "but Nurse sucks" comments). A contract can be "fair value" compared to other contracts and still be an awful contract. Evidence - nearly every contract signed to a high profile free agent on the first day of free agency.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I bet these players are happy not to be fertilizing sunflowers in Kherson. Russia has been exposed as a hollow mafia state that can't manufacture anything, They are now using repurposed T-62 tanks that rolled off the line in 1961 because Ukraine has destroyed nearly all of their "modern" tanks.

I'd just like to enjoy having 4 Russian wingers and pretending one is a Terminator without dipping into a discussion that would no doubt derail the thread, especially since discussing politics is forbidden here at HF.

Reactions: HighNote and voxel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad