Confirmed Trade: [EDM/STL] Klim Kostin for Dmitri Samorukov

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Maybe a change of scenery helps them as they both were somewhat promising at some point and have faltered a bit.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I like the name recognition on Edmonton's side. Plays into the notion that you can cycle through any former blue chip former high pick on an Oiler scoring line and something crazy could happen. But realistically, I think St. Louis ends up with a big body Samorukov who ends up being a serviceable defenseman they can groom into something.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think both could still be big bodied depth players at some point but the bloom is definitely off the rose in each case. Very little reason to suspect either has much of a ceiling beyond that other than just people knowing their names as former high picks / touted prospects.

Seems like a fair if minor swap all in all.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Kostin is very much a “has tools no toolbox” kind of guy. Best of luck Klim
Yep. He’s not a driver, not a creator, he’s just kind of there. If he’s fed pucks from a playmaker, he may get some goals, but that would be incumbent upon him being in the right spot, which is not his strong suit due to low hockey IQ. He can fight, if angered enough.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I remember when Pittsburgh traded the Kostin pick for Ryan Reaves, the consensus seemed to be that they were missing out on a future star...
Oskar Sundqvist and a 2nd were a rather large parts of that trade that people seem to have missed.

Hope Kostin can resurrect his career in Edmonton, he definitely needed a fresh start somewhere else.

Curious to learn more about Samorukov. He has played exactly 1 NHL game, funnily enough against the Blues. My only memory of him is him getting his doors blown off by Kyrou on the way to a beautiful Blues goal :laugh:

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad