Confirmed with Link: [EDM/STL] David Perron for Magnus Paajarvi + 2nd '14 | Part 2

SchultzSquared*

Way I see it we have acquired Ray Whitney 2.0...

Whitney to age 25: 282 GP 81-105-186 (0.66 PPG)
Perron to age 25: 340 GP 84-114-198 (0.58 PPG)

Now hopefully we keep him this time around...

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
I doubt anyone actually thinks Paajarvi is a better goal scorer than Perron. I think someone else brought it up, but there's very little chance Paajarvi is a 12% shooter from what we have seen from him. He could be, but he is definitely shades of a 7-8% one at the moment.

From what it looks like, Perron is a good addition because he brings a little more 'tenacity' (yeah, stole it from Tencer's show :( ) but it's a fair point. Sounds like MacT saw a huge level of compete from him and this is without a doubt an upgrade over Magnus playing 2LW. They just need to fix the 3rd then 4th line now.

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
I'm just happy we finally made a trade that improved the on-ice product. Aside from the Fraser-Smyth deal where the incoming player basically traded himself, did Tambo even make one of those kinds of trades? And MacTavish did so less than a week after the start of free agency.

The trade itself, I feel is a bit of an overpay simply because of the extra salary we're taking on (or rather, we're likely to be taking on) should've been reflected more in the return we gave up. But there's no question we're walking away with the better player, and those deals have been a rarity in Edmonton the last few years.

I don't think there's any overpayment in this deal. The fact is that we got away with best player in that deal and it's more like we got Perron relatively cheap, as there's loads of 3d liners who can only skate and how many of those you can trade for player like Perron just by adding a 2nd rounder?

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
for everyones viewing pleasure :

7lNlvfx.png

I had no idea Skinner lead all LW's in takeaways this year, pretty impressive.

Looking at that list, I'm beginning to think takeaways don't really mean anything..

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Love the trade, MacT starting to make moves is a good sign. And no he's not the perfect 2nd one LW but he's better then PRV probably ever will be.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Looking at that list, I'm beginning to think takeaways don't really mean anything..

Really there is a lot of known defensive players on that list. And I would love for us to somehow land Kulemin would be a awesome addition to this team Imo. And the perfect 3rd line winger.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/piTyNpG63GA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this is what we just got :naughty:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Perron is either our next Patrick O'Sullivan or our next Ray Whitney

it certainly is bold.

shizan

May 1, 2010
Like I said I am not comparing players but I have seen Perron play a ton, to the guy who said I probably have never seen him play. I'm a big fan just not the type of player we need in our top 6 or as you guys put it our 2nd line LW. Although his former coach Hitchcock said on the radio today that he is better on the right side. What I meant by packaging him for a D was it would fill a greater need. We could sign a winger, but not really any good D right now. Would a team who was trying to trade a D not look at a package like MPS, a 1st, and a prospect? That's the typical player, prospect and a pick that most quality players go for. Right now the top 4 D are Schultz, Smid, Ference and Petry doesn't seem to formidable.

shizan

May 1, 2010
But hey, hopefully it works out. If nothing else a top 6 of Hall-Nuge-Eberle then Perron-Gagner-Yakupov will be exciting to watch.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
the scary thing about this trade is that Perron might end up being oour #1 LW.

Hall had great chemistry with Yakupov late this season and i see no reason to change that. Gagner is a suitable centre for that line as his puck distribution skills are very good.

Perron - RNH - Eberle

perron has the tenacity and puck retrieval skills that this line needs. He might be a better fit than Hall. He also has excellent hands and will get a lot of golden opportunities from being on a line with RNH

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
We were talking about this last season specifically :laugh:

The numbers from last season are :

Goals per 60/m

Paajarvi: 0.71
Perron: 0.70

Fact is fact I was just pointing out numbers, I even said in the first thread that Perron is a better offensive player, you'd be crazy to not think otherwise, he had a disappointing year last year though and Paajarvi had a pretty nice stretch going... still crazy that the guy who has historically had troubles scoring goals over his career matched Perrons numbers albeit on a different team. Just felt like it was worth pointing out, that's all. Not trying to make excuses.

Assists usually come with goals attached so lets not ignore that usually important factor.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
the scary thing about this trade is that Perron might end up being oour #1 LW.

Hall had great chemistry with Yakupov late this season and i see no reason to change that. Gagner is a suitable centre for that line as his puck distribution skills are very good.

Perron - RNH - Eberle

perron has the tenacity and puck retrieval skills that this line needs. He might be a better fit than Hall. He also has excellent hands and will get a lot of golden opportunities from being on a line with RNH

Either of those lines could be the top line at any given time.

Hall - Gagner - Yakupov

Gagner and Yakupov have shown some chemistry and Hall is well, a beast.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Perron is either our next Patrick O'Sullivan or our next Ray Whitney

it certainly is bold.

I feel quite bold in stating that this has very little chance of happening IMO. He has a much much better talent set and work ethic. Shouldn't even be uttered in the same sentence haha, I know you're not comparing them per se but ya.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Our team salary is within 8m to the salary cap, either Hemsky goes for cheaper 3rd line help or we aren't buying much else. Especially of 4C is vacant.

Wrong wording.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad