Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Slater Koekkoek signs with the Oilers (1 year, $850K)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Beautiful.. LD was a weakness going in, this won't solve it but my stabilize it! Good use of the future Klef LTIR money.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Looks as if the Oilers are trying too hard to get as many D as possible.

Just like the Jets when Chris Mason left. They ended up with both Mark Dekanich and Al Montoya.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Depth defenseman on one of the worst defensive teams in the league don't usually generate much interest.

You'd think this would catch a few GMs' eyes though.

7300deef5154b1e31ef6ccafec4df16f.png

He's only playing bottom pairing, but having an xGF 5.6% than the next guy on the team is pretty impressive.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I like it!

Good depth D man, his name has been linked to us for a couple weeks now.

Holland is having a fantastic offseason and did really well at the draft as well nabbing Holloway, Savoie (#Savoie4Hobey), and Tullio.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Looks as if the Oilers are trying too hard to get as many D as possible.

Just like the Jets when Chris Mason left. They ended up with both Mark Dekanich and Al Montoya.
With Klefbom out, expansion draft looming and Broberg/Samourkov coming down the pipeline signing a depth Dman on a 1yr cheap deal is smart GMing.
He might even sign Hamonic as well since the price to acquire theses guys is so low. Load up the taxi squad and waive the ones you don't want ala Jurco and Granlund last year.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
4k has good mobility and offensive instincts when he engages, problem is he often gambles or guesses wrong and blows his assignment or is too aggressive and can leave an odd man rush to his goalie wide open

obviously they tried cleaning that up with him but IMO it just neuters him and doesn't play to his strengths or the game he plays

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Good cap number for a reliable bottom pair guy, who can move up and play more if needed.

Reactions: spot

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
You'd think this would catch a few GMs' eyes though.

7300deef5154b1e31ef6ccafec4df16f.png

He's only playing bottom pairing, but having an xGF 5.6% than the next guy on the team is pretty impressive.
Except the way people talk is that he gets put out against the worst players on the opposing team

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
With Klefbom out, expansion draft looming and Broberg/Samourkov coming down the pipeline signing a depth Dman on a 1yr cheap deal is smart GMing.
He might even sign Hamonic as well since the price to acquire theses guys is so low. Load up the taxi squad and waive the ones you don't want ala Jurco and Granlund last year.

I also heard that Madison Bowey might end up there too from a closed trusted source. Ken Holland was a fan of his game which was why he brought him to Detroit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad