PTO: [EDM] Scottie Upshall (released)

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
He was so excited on his Instagram. Clearly he’s wanted this for awhile.
When he made the Blues on a PTO the first time around, he was a ball of enthusiasm and good vibes. And that continued. He always seemed like a guy grateful for the opportunity, and giving it his all. If his legs can sustain it, he's a great personality in the locker room. I'm just not sure he can perform consistently at a high enough level to help a team any more. I hope he finds a way to do it.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He's from Fort McMurray and grew up an Oilers fan, I believe.
I'd add he's trained with Nurse and McDavid the past 3 years at biosteel. Both have had glowing reviews of the guy and look up to him.

There's a reason the Oilers didn't cut him after the failed physical. Pretty sure that reason is McDavid and to a lessor degree Nurse.

Reminds me of Hall getting Gazdic a spot. When your star player(s) want you to bring in a guy that isn't going to cost much you do whatever you can to keep them happy. If Upshall clearly isn't good enough they will cut him and at least be able to tell McDavid we gave him a shot.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
For anyone curious Upshall didn't suit up in a single Oiler game in pre-season so he didn't play himself off the team, just wasn't healthy enough or fully up to speed to get him into a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad