Proposal: EDM - PIT

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Absolutely ridiculous logic. Why would the Pens consider trading any of those guys for RNH??? Lmao

Uh yeah, no **** you’d trade RNH for Sid

I get that and he said F no which I am are he meant from the Pens side .

Why are the Oilers trading RNH for a bunch of lessor pieces ? A Pens fan asked for him . It was simply pointed out we can not trade him unless we are up grading . Chia down graded us enough .

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I think Galch is the kind of player who would greatly succeed playing with someone like McDavid... actually everyone exceeds playing with McDavid lol
cut.jpg

Reactions: MalkinsPierogi

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No, but what about RNH trades?

cant imagine what the Pens would or could give up to entice the Oilers into trading RNH. We’d need an RNH type 60 point C/W coming back. Picks and prospects are of no interest. Lesser bits and dumps like Bjugstad aren’t of interest. UFA’s aren’t of interest.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
You've got a good point. Russel is a lefty, but a lot of people will argue that he's better on the right side so this proposal doesn't really make sense for either team, right?

Any depth D we get would be ideally 2 sided anyway, and I imagine we'd try to move him on in the summer, so don't think it stops making sense.

I want to be blunt here.. say what you want about Archibald being an AHLer or Russell having too large a contract, but I don't doubt their commitment to the game of hockey. I absolutely doubt Galchenyuks.

He is obviously the most talented player in this deal and somehow he is the worst player in it.

Tbf to Chucky, he's never stopped trying here. He's got issues as a player, but not heart and commitment.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Oilers fans don't want to give up Archibald, and Pens don't really want him back. Strike him from the deal.
Pens fans don't want Russel, and Oilers fans would rather trade Larsson. Strike him from the deal.

Let's just get Galchenyuk for picks done and call it a day.

To PIT:
2020 2nd (EDM)

To EDM:
Alex Galchenyuk
2020 4th (PIT)

We good?

Reactions: BillyOcean

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
This doesn’t look good for Edmonton. They give up two useful players and a 2nd, and get back... Galchenyuk.

Reactions: BudBundy

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers fans don't want to give up Archibald, and Pens don't really want him back. Strike him from the deal.
Pens fans don't want Russel, and Oilers fans would rather trade Larsson. Strike him from the deal.

To PIT:
2020 2nd (EDM)

To EDM:
Alex Galchenyuk
2020 4th (PIT)

We good?

Why on Earth would Edmonton give up a 2nd for a guy with as many points - and less goals - as Alex Chiasson.

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
Where's Yakupov ? I would rather have him back then Galchenyuk. Atleast Yakupov skated and worked hard, even if it was east and west. Lol

Reactions: TFHockey

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
To PIT
Kris Russel
Josh Archibald
2020 2nd (EDM)

To EDM
Alex Galchenyuk
2020 3rd (PIT)
2020 5th (PIT)

When i break down this trade i see this as:

Year 1: Galchenyuk for Russell as a cap dump
Year 2: Pens get a 2nd for Russell's 2nd year of cap dump

Pens give up a 3rd and 5th for a scrub.

Net result is the Pens saying no thanks. They wouldn't want to be saddled with Russel next season and Archibald does nothing for the Pens.

Reactions: BillyOcean

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

To PIT:
2020 2nd (EDM)

To EDM:
Alex Galchenyuk
2020 4th (PIT)

We good?
I'd do it ...from a pens point of view

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
He kinda does need to be dumped to free up the capspace to build some depth in your forwards ranks.

They’ve got plenty of money coming off the books this year, they’d be fine keeping Russell and still being able to add.

Also Russell is still a useful player. With 1 year left at 4M and only 1.5M owing in real money. He will be moveable in the summer. Justin Braun was traded for a 2nd + 3rd last off season, Oilers will be able to unload Russell for a late round pick or scrub prospect if they are so inclined.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

To PIT:
2020 2nd (EDM)

To EDM:
Alex Galchenyuk
2020 4th (PIT)

We good?
Oilers would need to send back salary. They have less than million in cap space.
Either retention on Galy or Gagner, Chiasson or Manning going back.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I would be open to something around Galchenyuk and Larsson

So would I, Pens get a veteran defenseman. Galchenyuk maybe gets the bump like Neal did. Could work for both teams. Depends if the Pens think Larsson is still an upgrade for their defense. Right now Schultz is the 3 RD and probably better than how Larsson has been playing this year.

I guess it would depend on if the Pens would want more of a defensive 3rd pairing or offensive defense pairing. For example the 2009 Cup year the Pens used 2 defensive defenseman on a pairing in Gill and Scuderi and they seemed to be a fairly effective pairing. I don't know if s JJ-Larsson pairing is better than a JJ-Schultz pairing but I not a fan of JJ-Schultz so I would think about it.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
They’ve got plenty of money coming off the books this year, they’d be fine keeping Russell and still being able to add.

Also Russell is still a useful player. With 1 year left at 4M and only 1.5M owing in real money. He will be moveable in the summer. Justin Braun was traded for a 2nd + 3rd last off season, Oilers will be able to unload Russell for a late round pick or scrub prospect if they are so inclined.

sure, and then the money freed up goes to Kassian and Nurse. Nurse is due for a huge rais!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad