Proposal: EDM - PIT

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
haha I wasn’t implying the OP trade as a basis of a RNH trade
Yeah ik just that if we were to trade him it would only make sense if we were getting someone better in return. On the Pens that's Guentzel/Crosby/Malkin. In other words no f***ing way.

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
You are aware that the Penguins gave up Archibald for nothing like 3 years ago, right? Archibald would be in the AHL if he was in the Penguins organization, he's definitely not better than any of their top-12 forwards (13 if you include Guentzel) and I have doubts he's better than Lafferty or Blandisi either.

Have you watched him recently? In his last 10 games he has 4 goals and 3 assists. He isn't an AHL player...

This trade would make the Oilers worse. Galchenyuk is bad on defence and doesn't play with tenacity.

I would consider a trade straight up Galchenyuk for Russell. I would not trade Archibald and a 2nd for a 3rd and a 5th...

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yeah ik just that if we were to trade him it would only make sense if we were getting someone better in return. On the Pens that's Guentzel/Crosby/Malkin. In other words no ****ing way.

Absolutely ridiculous logic. Why would the Pens consider trading any of those guys for RNH??? Lmao

Uh yeah, no **** you’d trade RNH for Sid

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
That's a yikes worthy proposal. Yikes.

God no from the Penguins POV. At least Galchenyuk's contract is done after this year, Russell is still under contract for another year after this. Definitely not.

Oof. Thought Russell was pending UFA as well. Yeah, Pens can’t do this.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Absolutely ridiculous logic. Why would the Pens consider trading any of those guys for RNH??? Lmao

Uh yeah, no **** you’d trade RNH for Sid
If you read the whole post you would see the part where i said "no f***ing way"...
Symbolizing it would ever happen...

English is hard, not everyone gets it.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Have you watched him recently? In his last 10 games he has 4 goals and 3 assists. He isn't an AHL player...

I always liked Archibald. I also really liked Joe Vitale... and almost loved Letestu.
Its easy to like these guys as dirt cheap 4th liners you expect nothing from, when you get speed and hustle and a bit of production.

But while Archibald might be in the lineup on an injury ravaged Pens team, he would at most be a 4th liner, and he wouldn't play when we're healthy. Never mind a nice hot streak now. Brian Gibbons has had a couple of those also, and now he is back in the AHL, because that's who he is. I would be very surprised if it is not also the direction on Archibald - either when Edmonton gets forward depth one day, or when he is traded to a team that has it.

Reactions: virothepyro and BHD

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
You are aware that the Penguins gave up Archibald for nothing like 3 years ago, right? Archibald would be in the AHL if he was in the Penguins organization, he's definitely not better than any of their top-12 forwards (13 if you include Guentzel) and I have doubts he's better than Lafferty or Blandisi either.

You've got a gift for stating the obvious.
James Neal was useless to the Calgary Flames and he's probably going to score 30 goals with the Oilers this year.
We'd seriously love to another another 1 or 2 Archibalds on our team.
While Kassian was injured Archi looked good around the net.
Dude plays a mean game and he's one of the big reasons why our PK has been so damn good this year.
I'd be very excited if we could lock him up for 3 years for 1M per season.
Given his lack of value it would be down right stupid for Edmonton to trade him given how he has much more value to the Oilers than his perceived value to all the other teams in the NHL.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Russell is definitely redundant here with JJ actually playing decently. Trying to get the most out of both JJ and Russell seems like tempting fate.

Yeah, probably.
It sucks having a guy the knows his own limitations, makes good decisions in the defensive zone, pastes guys with clean hits, stays out of the penalty box and is consistently among the league leaders in shots blocked.
I highly doubt he's even on the trade table given how he's got a limited NMC and 1 year left on his contract after this season.
Again, Penguins would probably be better off trying to pry Larsson away.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Yeah, probably.
It sucks having a guy the knows his own limitations, makes good decisions in the defensive zone, pastes guys with clean hits, stays out of the penalty box and is consistently among the league leaders in shots blocked.
I highly doubt he's even on the trade table given how he's got a limited NMC and 1 year left on his contract after this season.
Again, Penguins would probably be better off trying to pry Larsson away.

Pens have Letang, Marino and Schultz on the right side, no need for Larsson.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Oof. Thought Russell was pending UFA as well. Yeah, Pens can’t do this.

Eh. I reckon you could probably move Russell relatively easy as a 1 year rental in the summer, particularly if the team was willing to pay his signing bonus first, so the acquiring team were getting 4m worth of cap hit for 1.5m worth of actual salary (coughOttawacough). Only problem is he'd have a 15 team trade list.

I'm not sure this trade really improve us all that much, and I'm not sure how much is left in Russell's tank, but I do like the value. To the point I can't imagine Edmonton actually doing it.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Pens have Letang, Marino and Schultz on the right side, no need for Larsson.

You've got a good point. Russel is a lefty, but a lot of people will argue that he's better on the right side so this proposal doesn't really make sense for either team, right?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
To PIT
Kris Russel
Josh Archibald
2020 2nd (EDM)

To EDM
Alex Galchenyuk
2020 3rd (PIT)
2020 5th (PIT)

I want to be blunt here.. say what you want about Archibald being an AHLer or Russell having too large a contract, but I don't doubt their commitment to the game of hockey. I absolutely doubt Galchenyuks.

He is obviously the most talented player in this deal and somehow he is the worst player in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad